Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-15-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
My wife is looking to try wakeboarding and wants to buy a wakeboard and binding setup. Can someone recommend a good beginner setup for her? That does not cost a fortune.
Old     (ncsumalibu)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-15-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Heath, I just order the LF Diva and Melissa bindings off ebay all for $200 shipped for my mom. The ebayer is ripple-wake-dot-com or something like that. I have dealt with them in the past and great service. you can try and find used as well.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
There's two sites I use to find great deals, neither of which has a super set up on a women's wakeboard package at the moment. BBB has 2 daily deals, while the House has 4 to 6.

Check these two sites daily:

http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/

http://www.the-house.com/

I don't think you can go wrong on any package just to learn on, assuming you don't get a board way too big or way too little. Most women that I know ride somewhere between a 130cm to 136cm. I would make sure a beginner has a board with a decent sized middle fin on each end vs a board with ONLY molded in side fins. You can remove the middle fin once she feels like balance is not a problem. Then, she can start on her surface tricks!!
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-15-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
thanks for the info I will check out those site.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
Keep in mind that you don't need a women's specific board - unless she has her heart set on purple or pink graphics. Any beginner board works for men or women. I like the Hyperlite Motive for beginners. Like Kat suggested it has a middle fin which helps newbies.