Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-06-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
I was able to get a reservations for one of these floating campsites on Oroville. Does anyone have any pictures they would like to share. The picture on the website is not very good and I'd like to see what we are in for.

Another question how big is the upper deck. We would like to be able to put 2 tents up there if possible.

Any one with experience please chime in.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-06-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
We have stayed on the floating campsites for the past few years, and I don't think you will be disappointed. Depending on the size of the tents you should be able to get at least three tents on top of the campsite. Last year they added an additional dock to the side of the campsites which was a major improvement. You can place a tent on this dock area as well. The dock is about 10' x 25' so it provides quite an extra bit of space for coolers, gear and lounging space. The only set back with the campsites is that later in the year it does tend to get a little cooler at night being on the water so you will want to bring a propane heater or some warm clothes.
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
David-
I took a couple pictures of them this past year. Congratulations on the reservation they go fast from what I hear. The floating sites are very nice. The dock area is probably a lot smaller than you may have imagined with the description given on the website. I will try to find these pictures for you ASAP. I will post a message either way, with pics or to say I had no luck finding them. You will enjoy the campsite.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-11-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Mark,
Thanks a lot I look forward to the pictures.
Old     (2manytoys)      Join Date: May 2007       02-11-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Someone had posted some pics of the floating campsites last year..Man what an Idea.. I would love to have one of those around my house.. probably would be an incredible business if you could talk the lake owners (usually a power company around here)into letting you do it.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-11-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
I think this pic was posted on this site some time ago, so the photo credit goes to somebody else......

Upload
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       02-11-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
David-
No luck with the pictures. I found the photo file but the campsite pics must have been deleted; Sorry. Steve above posted a great one that also shows you the dock size.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-12-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
That picture doesn't show the additional dock that was added to the campsites last year. They now have a second dock attached to the side by the staircase that isn't covered. It runs the length of the campsite and extends out approximately 10 feet from the railing.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
If we hit the lake this weekend I'll try to remember to get some shots of them.