Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-18-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
I was out kneeboarding on Friday and some guys were shooting water ballons at me from a pontoon while I was behind the boat. Went by once, they missed, went by again, they missed again. I stopped and gave them some choice words. Their reply - it's only water, since you are in the water you should expect to get hit with water.

A friend told me about a water ballon incident in which a person was hit in the eye and ended up settling for $3.5 million (they were shooting ballons at pontoons from shore). Even though it was his kids doing it, the guy lost his boat, lake house, house, cars, everything. So dumb!

The worst part - the guys shooting at me are wakeboarders I see on the lake all the time - they have a brand new X-9..
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-18-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
I'm not justifying their actions, but as much as I hate to say it, if you were doing something other than knee boarding it probably wouldn't have happened.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-18-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
Either way. That's BULLSHT!!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-18-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
i would of been pissed of.... long time ago I was jet skiing... I was probably going about 35-40 mph straight down a slough.... and a boat was coming the other way probably doing about 30mph... There was no issues between us, i wasnt doing anything wrong, as we passed they threw a water ballon and it hit me in the stomach... which knocked the wind out of me... the ballon hit me at over 60mph... since we were going in opposite direction... left a huge bruise and everything.... F*#kin B#sT&rds
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-18-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
Yea we havent been attacked yet, but when we were tubin we saw all these water ballons in the water so w just gathered them up and poped em so birds dont eat em or sumtin
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-18-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
aaron,

man that sucks! you dindnt do anything about it? i would have waited at the dock for him!

Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-18-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
well at that time, i was a tiny 16/17yr old and it was a boat full of guys in there 20's... plus once i came to reality of what happened they were gone....
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-18-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
Thane LOL
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-18-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
oh i see...such week dudes picking on young teenagers.
Old    own3r            08-18-2003, 12:24 PM Reply   
heh peeps on the houseboats in devils cove always toss balloons off at the surrounding boaters.. its fun.. but i guess its not at people riding or anything.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-18-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
Tossing a water balloon is much differant then having one shot out of a slingshot. I shot one at my brothers car and the balloon shattered the windshield. I also had one misfire and get wrapped up in the pouch part of the slingshot. The balloon came back at me at full velocity and hit me in the jaw. Next thing I did was wake up on the ground. Knocked me out cold and thought my face was smashed and jaw shattered. Nothing was permenant, but dang did it wallop me.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
Haha! Andrew, sorry to laugh at your accident.. but the visual is really funny.

B-
Old    turtle            08-19-2003, 6:31 AM Reply   
The only time I freaked out on a jet skier.....(we were dragging the rope to get the tangles out, when a jet ski started jumping our wake and ran over my rope. It was wrapped really tight in his pump....I cut the rope to get my handle, took his lanyard and whistle...and left him floating out in the middle of the lake....idiots.

Old    dtrachsel            08-19-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
Turtle, We're you able to ruff-up the jet-skier? A similar incident happened on my friends boat. The jet-skier hit the side of his boat though while we were pulling someone. No one was hurt by the collision, but the jet-skier left the scene with a bloody face. He didn't get it from the collision if you know what I mean.
Old    turtle            08-19-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
Nope,

No harm to the person, he had enough problems with the rope, and zero way to get it to start and run.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-20-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
Dan, that dude you messed up is a friend of a friend of my sister. Her boyfriend knows this lawyer and he says that this guy came to him for legal advice. Suposedly he got your boat registration numbers and is trying to find a way to sue you!

Welcome to the board!
Old    hockeyruss            08-20-2003, 7:18 AM Reply   
HA HA HA Tony......that's good. Probably hard to trace though, not like his name is his profile or anything.....OOPS !
Old    dtrachsel            08-20-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
The last guy we ruffed up got lucky. We're now packing heat. I'm carrying a potato cannon and a paintball gun. Lookout Jet-skiers, the guy in the yellow and white M-VLX will run you down. HA HA HA!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-20-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
Dan,
There are a lot of stupid, crazy, dumb.. etc.. on the water.. Jet skiers woh dont watch were they are going... Fishermen who jam by your skiers, walley's that do everything wrong...

With that said. Do you honestly think you'll make the water ways a better place by bringing a potato gun and paintball gun...

Just last weekend, a boater was was going and paying attention to a wakeboader off to the side a bit, staying out of there way... Well they werent paying attention to us and we had a down boarder with the flag up... Everyone in the body was yelling to get there attention. They finally saw us, got pretty close and of course we let them know how we felt. After they apologised, we then nicely gave them instruction on how to avoid that in the future and proper boating ediquette (sp?) the outcome turned out great.. they learnt something new so they wont piss others off, without having to result to violence...
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-20-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
Yeah I was just messing with the newbe poster Dan... I see you have been racking up the posts already!

Yeah everyone already knows not to mess with the yellow and white VLX!

By the way you are probably going to get flamed pretty bad for your last comment... just experience talking there... although the crowd over at wakeboarder.com would probably think you were cool! So geeee Dan you really think you'll make the water ways a better place by bringing a potato gun and paintball gun?

:-)
Old    matt123123            08-20-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
that always happens even when i go snowbarding you always see snowboarders throwing snowballs at skiers when they hit jumps. If you werent kneeboarding it probally wouldent of happened either way its dumb
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-21-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
Matt... I never seen throwing snowballs at skiers in my area... I mainly board tahoe and been to whistler... and never seen that