Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-29-2003, 5:40 PM Reply   
Well I have decided to build the tower setup for the new boat. This is what it will consist of.

Two 8" subs Probably JL 8W3v2.
Four Kicker Resolution RS6 components. I had those on the last boat and they worked awesome.

Doug or anyone what 8" sub would you recomend up there? The Kickers on the last setup worked OK but the JL can be in a smaller inclosure and I assume they will hit harder. Suggestions.

Thanks
Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    heldoorn            03-29-2003, 10:44 PM Reply   
Well There are two companies that I use and I have them in my 02 Tahoe and my 03 SANTE -> ALPINE AND DIAMOND!!!! Alpine Head units and Screens and Diamond Subs
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       03-31-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
What happened to you plans to buy Boss speakers??

Only 4?

Looking forward to riding behind your new set up!
Might even try the dark side again.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-31-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
Phaeton- Are you going to make a box to fit all that?
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-31-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
Jeff a couple of factors played out for the change in plans. Our boat was suppose to be done in three weeks when we ordered it. Then there was a hold up for what ever reason which prolong the finish date. We were suppose to pick it up next weekend. They called us on Friday to inform us that they didn't realize that we ordered the bigger motor and that the boat would not be done until April 25th. Part two. After hearing of the B-530's breaking I definatly wanted the B-653's. Then I saw the price. So I decided to just build my own which I know will sound better any way's. The Dark side will get you, it's only a matter of time.

Mik I will build custom canisters for each speaker. This is the boat setup so far but nothing is written in stone yet.

Deck Sony CDX-CA810X
Changer Sony 10 disc
Sony wired remote.

Tower:
Two Kicker RMB 8" Mids
Four Kicker RS6 components

Boat:
One Kicker 12" Solo L7 in a bandpass box under the passenger dash.
One Kicker 12" Solo L7 in a sealed box under the drivers dash.
Six JL Audio VR 650-CXI Coaxials Two rear, Two dash, Two front

Amps I still have not decided on what to run yet. It will either be Kicker, JL Audio or Zapco. Leaning towards Four 500/1 JL's and One 300/2 JL to run everything. But still not sure.

Leaning towards a bigger alternator and three battery's to.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

(Message edited by phaeton on March 31, 2003)
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-31-2003, 9:20 PM Reply   
Travis, you can always buy the b-653 cans empty and buy the drivers from sound domain they are having a killer sale on MB Quart right now you should be able to build the same for less than half the price or less or just print out the ad on the internet and go to car toys they have a deal where they will beat anybody elses price by 110% that what I did.

(Message edited by tcaton on March 31, 2003)
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-01-2003, 6:52 AM Reply   
tom - whats car toys internet address? and where is the ad you are talking about?
Old    taylortx            04-01-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
Travis, did you buy the b-653 cans from Boss direct? How much did you pay?
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-01-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
Travis, I bought B 60 and B 50 cans from Stereo King in Portland ask for Dave they order all there Boss cans empty also its the store on 82nd ave. 503-653-8088. Car Toys link is www.cartoys.com
Look for the link on the page it's at the top that says Car toys advantage. Pick the speakers you want from sounddomain.com print that page take it to car toys and they will sell them for that price - 10% it's a little work but you can save some bucks.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-01-2003, 7:24 AM Reply   
Taylor no I will end up building my system like I did on the last boat.

Travis Farber
Wake Me Products
www.Wake-Me.com

Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-01-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
Sounds like a great set up Travis! We will have to have some stereo wars when we all hook. We are just finishing purchasing all of the equipment on the boat and will begin installing the ballast system and stereo set up. I can't wait to see your set up.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-01-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   

Travis - WOW ya changen your mind eh??? Why not order the B-530 empty like I did install "Q" series, I'm sure it will turn out awesome, you always out do your self. Looking forward to hearing everyones set-up at Shasta get-together.

Mike R. Smith
Vice- President
www.wakeon.com