Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-11-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
I was just watching TV and it was showing the new season of of real word casting tapes and teh one (straight) guy has him doing a big high W2W 180 in his casting tape. Just its pretty cool to see a wakeboarder on The Realworld
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-12-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
i saw that also he was on a parks
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-12-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
Too bad there weren't any on Real World San Diego! ...losers just left that X-Star sittin' there.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-12-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
Where was tehre a X-star on real world
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-12-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
They had an X-Star (pulled the PWT, X-Games, or something like that) docked right there at the house along with an assortment of wakeboarding gear, surfboards, etc. down on the lower level of the house...

...and all they could do was sleep all day, go to clubs all night, and get arrested.

Some people posted info about it on here and you could see it sitting there in some of the transition shots during the show.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-12-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
that 'made' tv show came to town for interviews to get someone to be on the show. I was thinking about signing up as 'up and coming wakeboarder' so i could get free equipment and training. But then I realized that would be selling out.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-12-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
nah, it would just be really sneaky!
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-12-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
That is some BS. I cannot believe that they just wasted all of that gear to get drunk and whatnot. Looking back at it, I would love to have seen that one girl....(the one with the cannons) out there on a wakeboard.

Dills
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-12-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
Why did they have all the equipment if no one rode?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-12-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
they had a x-star and noone rode??they would be telling me after a few weeks that,If I continue to use the boat that much that I would have to gas it myself.
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-13-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
I noticed in a few episodes that the black guy was wearing a Mastercraft shirt.
Old    txwkbrdr06            09-13-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
Yeah in the current Real World: Philadelphia, one of the boys, Landon, went to the Univeristy of Wisconsin and was on the waterskiing and wakeboarding teams. Don't know if there are any lakes or anything in Philly.. but maybe we could see some moves? And yeah, that is such crap that San Diego never utilized any of the watersports equipment... I mean they were in Cali, home of some badass surfing and wakeboarding... if not there, then where? I know if it was me and I had never been, I would definitely try it at least with all that stuff sitting there!
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
One of the new dudes is from Tennessee and is wearing hats and shirts from the Say I Won't boys. Pretty cool! I would bet he knows them since they are from TN.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-13-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Its really cool to see that guy on there his name is landon and he wakeboards for UW Madison wakeboard team i actually know the guy. He worked at a sports store called gaylans too. I was just suprised when i saw a guy i know on real world.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-13-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
noone in their right mind wouldnt use all the stuff they were given atleast once... they probably just never video taped them doing anything on the boat, I mean theres not really room for camera crew and what kind of action and drama happens on a wakeboard boat that people are going to talk about? I bet cam took some SMASHES on a wakeboard, and I bet that big jugged chic being a cheer leader could prolly ride decent
Old    anim8or            09-13-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Probably depends on if they had to pay gas too...those people are always complaining about $$$. I dunno, I bet if they used it a few times they would've wanted to get some footage...why provide the boat if they knew they wouldn't film. besides, chicks in bikinis = ratings.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-13-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
consider how much filming they actually did though that made it to air. Teenage drunkeness hooking up drama = ratings, especially if its MTV... I am willing to bet they had to pay gas and considering the amnt of drinking they did... or are portrayed doing and the amnt of money they are portrayed spending on ridiculous that leaves little left over for boat gas which in SD would prolly equal a 70 dollar bill for a day in the bay plus drinks...?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       09-13-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
They rode a few times, but someone from On The Edge Watersports was supposed to always be with them when they took the boat out. Most of the time it just sat in the bay collecting barnacles.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-13-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
that just meant they always had a 3rd.that was my problem begining of the season not having a 3rd.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-13-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
Sean how do yuo know this stuff? Thats cool btu how come they never taped any of it.