Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-16-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
I wanted to let all those disparaged or plagued by injury know to keep your head up. I had shoulder surgery a little over 5 months ago to repair a torn labrum in my left shoulder and I'm back out on the water doing well if not better. Prior to my surgery I kind of felt like my shoulder was holding me back because I would always injure it out on the water. I have been riding for about 2 month and getting back to full speed. I got my 540s back today and I landed a scarecrow for the first time in about 3 years and my krypts were huge. My shoulder feels great now (about 90%) and I feel that having the surgery and busting my butt to rehab it intensely for 5 months was worth it. I’m hoping to get even better as time goes on.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Thanks. That's good to hear. I just had surgery done last week. They put a plate in with 4 screws to put my collarbone back together. Not much movement out of my arm right now, but in time and with work I hope to get back to 100% range of motion and strength. Good job you and congrats.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-16-2007, 11:02 PM Reply   
Way to go GHERK.....Glad you are feeling better already. But still take it a little easy buddy it's only March.
Old    walt            03-16-2007, 11:08 PM Reply   
Glad to hear your doing well Paul.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2007, 11:21 PM Reply   
great to hear paul! i wish i could get my tricks back...and i wasn't even injured!