Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-28-2013, 11:15 PM Reply   
So I decided a couple months ago, after discovering videos on YouTube by DipYourCar.com, that I was going to paint my tower. I initially though black, but then my girlfriend suggest orange would be a better look. Whadda ya think?
Attached Images

Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-28-2013, 11:18 PM Reply   
It took a solid afternoon and about 6 cans (on a windy afternoon). To be fully comfortable, I'm probably going to add another can or two. I'll let you know how it goes when I mount the tower speakers on, etc. Should "bake" on within the next couple of weeks.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-01-2013, 3:10 AM Reply   
Sweet deal. Hope it holds up let us know what you think in a couple of months.
Old     (jrz1)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-01-2013, 3:35 AM Reply   
the orange definitely makes it pop a little more and the nice thing is you can peel it off later if you change your mind. I think it looks good.
Old     (LFMCrider6)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-01-2013, 4:15 AM Reply   
Looks great on the boat! Nice job. I have Diped a few things before Jus tdont know how well it will hold up esp when ropes start rubbing on it. Keep us posted. I have done stripes on my Porsche with it. Makes it fun you can change the graphics all the time!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-01-2013, 4:35 AM Reply   
I like the look of it a lot. Great job on it! Hopefully it'll hold up. Keep us posted once you start using it
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-01-2013, 4:56 AM Reply   
Looks great. Question is how will it hold up. Curious to see it after a summer of use.
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-01-2013, 5:13 AM Reply   
Great look for that boat. What color/material was the tower before the change?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-01-2013, 5:22 AM Reply   
I really hope you masked off more than what is shown in the last pic. The overspray from that stuff gets everywhere.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-01-2013, 5:49 AM Reply   
i like it alot. that is all.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-01-2013, 5:54 AM Reply   
Little loud for my tastes, but looks like you did a good job. Let us know how it holds up!
Old     (bushtree)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-01-2013, 7:51 AM Reply   
please do give us an update with how it is holding up after you get some good use on it.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-01-2013, 3:26 PM Reply   
Put some coats of Liquid Glass sealer on it.It will last as long as you want it.Will make it gloss and shine too.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-01-2013, 5:47 PM Reply   
Sweet deal! I think it matches perfect and looks great... I wonder how it will hold up also so please keep everybody updated. I was thinking about my logo's but they are right where my fenders hang and that can't be good on a windy day ties up to the houseboat.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-01-2013, 6:18 PM Reply   
Tried it out on my truck mirrors today. I didn't wait long enough for stuff to dry (supposed to wait 30min between coats - 30 seconds is not enough time) so I got a bunch of runs - I was more worried the color wasn't going to match so did a test run after trying it out on a plastic bottle. I think it is going to be a close match for my trucks white color. I was able to peel it off so I could try again. Can't do that with paint. I found that the thicker the coat, the easier it was to remove. So, if you don't like what you see, make it thick before you try to peel it off. Probably easier on really smooth surfaces. My plastic mirrors have a texture so the parts of it that I made thin had to be rubbed off instead of just peeling it off. My tailgate bezel broke a while ago so I bought a new one and coated it this evening. Turned out great. I need to wash my truck so it will match the bezel now.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-01-2013, 8:54 PM Reply   
I did my car's wheels and my CBR about a year ago. Found that using spray paint over the plastic-dip sealed it nicely. I've had no real issues. One defect on a wheel in the lug nut recess from an air wrench tagging it is all.
Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-02-2013, 12:20 PM Reply   
So far the only hiccup has been with painting the inside portion of the tower that lies next to the window. Right as you tilt the can enough to spray under there, you get the aerosol and not the "paint". Nevertheless, it's just taken longer to do. Since this color isn't available in local hardware stores (most stores only carry black and/or white), I've had to order another six-pack from HomeDepot.com. I plan to put on a few more coats. From the videos I've watched about Plasti Dip, it takes a few weeks to fully set-in, making it slightly more difficult to peel off. Obviously, the more coats you apply the harder it will be to peel off as well.

Before doing my tower, I did my truck wheels. Those came out GREAT, but after only a couple days without being out in the sun much, I had to make a run to the local landfill and my truck got all kinds of filthy. Had to take it through the car wash and some of the Plasti Dip rubbed off of them. Easily painted back on there, nevertheless, but a lesson in showing that you need to give it the time to "bake" on and the number of coats it needs to last.

I'll keep you all posted on how well it holds up on my tower throughout the summer months. I also ordered the Plasti Dip "Glossifier" to spray over the orange to give it a bit of sheen instead of the matte orange. I figure the sheen of my boat with the sheen of the orange tower will match better.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-02-2013, 12:28 PM Reply   
Can't wait to see it with the glossifier, that will tell if I'm going to do mine in black
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-02-2013, 9:50 PM Reply   
I did my truck bumpers, grill and wheels a year ago and still looks great! Think I'll do my tower black!
Old    kx250frider617            03-03-2013, 10:51 PM Reply   
Actually, the more coats the easier it is to peel off by hand (if you want it off), but it will be more durable to the elements and everything else. The only thing I would have done is masked off the tow point of the tower, Im sure the rope with cut through the coating very quickly. You can probably scribe a line with an exacto knife and just peel the coating off.
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-04-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by k59 View Post
So far the only hiccup has been with painting the inside portion of the tower that lies next to the window. Right as you tilt the can enough to spray under there, you get the aerosol and not the "paint". Nevertheless, it's just taken longer to do. Since this color isn't available in local hardware stores (most stores only carry black and/or white), I've had to order another six-pack from HomeDepot.com. I plan to put on a few more coats. From the videos I've watched about Plasti Dip, it takes a few weeks to fully set-in, making it slightly more difficult to peel off. Obviously, the more coats you apply the harder it will be to peel off as well.

Before doing my tower, I did my truck wheels. Those came out GREAT, but after only a couple days without being out in the sun much, I had to make a run to the local landfill and my truck got all kinds of filthy. Had to take it through the car wash and some of the Plasti Dip rubbed off of them. Easily painted back on there, nevertheless, but a lesson in showing that you need to give it the time to "bake" on and the number of coats it needs to last.

I'll keep you all posted on how well it holds up on my tower throughout the summer months. I also ordered the Plasti Dip "Glossifier" to spray over the orange to give it a bit of sheen instead of the matte orange. I figure the sheen of my boat with the sheen of the orange tower will match better.
You have it backwards.. the more coats you apply the easier it will be to peel off as it helps it come off in sheets.

And it's not designed to bake in to any surface as far as I know. The paint does dry like a normal paint.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-04-2013, 11:20 AM Reply   
my bumpers and grill did set up a bit harder after a couple weeks, as far as it baking on, I doubt it but it does get tougher with time
Old     (Lockbrett)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-05-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
I decided to change the look of my trailer wheels. Super easy and turned out perfect.
From the original wheel, masking prep, 5-6 coats and finished product
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-05-2013, 11:33 AM Reply   
where do you buy plasti dip? Hardware store?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-05-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
where do you buy plasti dip? Hardware store?
most hardware, automotive or big box home stores have it...

check out YouTube - tons of examples on how to use it there. I'm going to "black top" my car this spring.
Old     (Lockbrett)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-05-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
dipyourcar.com has all the available colors.
I bought black from Home Depot $5.98 a can
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-05-2013, 12:15 PM Reply   
Im going to have to get a can and try it out. there are a couple of inserts on the side of my tower(4 point tower on a MB) that i wanted to take off and get powdercoated. but this looks like it will do just as nice a job and be quite a bit cheaper.
Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-08-2013, 1:33 AM Reply   
Well done, Lockbrett! I did my wheels on the truck black and it makes my black truck look 100x better. Even the girlfriend is a fan of the new look.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-08-2013, 2:17 AM Reply   
The pictures are awesome. I would think that is would hold put pretty well on the tower. I have two 50lbs weights that I did last year. Everyone moves them around, kicks them, and throws them in storage when not riding and they have held up every well under the circumstances. I put about 7 or 8 coats on them. Haven't had one spot yet where it as begun to peel. Just a couple of scuff marks.

I did know that there was something you could spray over top of it to make the finish pop more. I may do the forks on my racks and see what that will look like.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-08-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
Here’s my truck before and after. This was done a year ago and still no chips no peel
Attached Images

Old     (Lockbrett)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-08-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
Nice! Looks great.
I have a 95 C1500 painted satin black. The stock grey plastic work truck grill was rattle canned a metalic black at a later date. I am most definitley stealing your plasti grip grill idea.
I just ordered 3 cans of black and one can of red, should arrive monday.
The all black wheel is currently how it is now. I was playing around with photoshop and decided to add a red accent. Hopefully it will turn out as well as the first attempt.
Attached Images

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-09-2013, 1:12 PM Reply   
Hmmm...maybe I'll try this on my swim platform brackets instead of paint or powdercoat. I wonder how well it will hold up being in the water.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       03-19-2013, 4:53 PM Reply   
Didn't see this mentioned in either of the threads so thought I'd add it ...

Plasti Dip International’s New Primer Gives Plasti Dip A Stronger Grip

14 January 2013—Plasti Dip International has developed a new product designed to complement the performance of their namesake, flagship product. Plasti Dip Primer is a simple way to make original Plasti Dip’s bond to metal and many plastic surfaces more permanent.

Though it creates a tough, durable coating on nearly any surface, Plasti Dip can be peeled off relatively easily, should users choose to do so. Plasti Dip Primer is designed to be applied before the accompanying Plasti Dip, and is specially formulated to make Plasti Dip’s adhesion stronger and nearly permanent without compromising any of its beneficial properties. Plasti Dip Primer is specially formulated for use on metal and most, but not all, plastics. It is available in 11-ounce aerosol cans for fast and easy application.

Plasti Dip Primer is available from many of the same retailers where you buy original Plasti Dip, Liquid Tape, and our outstanding home solutions products.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-21-2013, 7:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockbrett View Post
I decided to change the look of my trailer wheels. Super easy and turned out perfect.
From the original wheel, masking prep, 5-6 coats and finished product
Do you know the brand of those wheels you plasti dipped?
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-23-2013, 1:52 PM Reply   
i have a question for those of you that have used plasti dip. i painted a couple pieces off my tower. i wanted to leave the inside and outside edges polished. all i had was electical tape to cover the edges. the flat surface looks great but the edges look terrible after taking the tape off. just curious if anyone has had better luck with leaving a smooth edge, or if i should just do the whole thing black and not try to leave the edges polished. here are a few pics to show what im talking about.

Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2013, 2:27 PM Reply   
I don't have experience with plastidip in particular, but electrical tape will never leave a good edge. It stretched so you'll never get a completely straight line. Use a good masking tape instead, that's what it's for. The blue painters tape peels off nice and easy. You also have to pull the tape off early, score the paint or whatever dries so that you don't peel up the edges along with the tape. Again, this is for painting in general, so don't know if there are any special tricks for this stuff.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-23-2013, 4:05 PM Reply   
I powdered my sides of the tower black and you will love it. Adds a nice break to the one color tower. hope the plasti works out...
Name:  614637_4122965124247_1193571881_o.jpg
Views: 18429
Size:  93.4 KB
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-23-2013, 6:05 PM Reply   
Josh...I'm gonna give it one more try with plasti dip. If it don't turn out ill be taking it to get powder coated
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-23-2013, 9:06 PM Reply   
Bill, what youre going to want to do is go pretty heavy, make the thinkness of 2-3 in one spray, then peel your tape away while the dip is still wet. This will give you clean edges because the dip won't have had time to solidify.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2013, 9:23 PM Reply   
I thing the key is to remove the tape right after you spray it and like what was said before use some real painters tape. Try watching a couple of this guys video's he goes through a lot of the techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkq-qyY9aY
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-23-2013, 11:53 PM Reply   
I did the tower mirror arm on my Moomba Outback V;

I also did the grills on my custom painted ZM9s;
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-24-2013, 7:54 AM Reply   
Jordan...that prob will work, thanks for the tip!!! I put 4 coats on last time. Is hat about normal or too much?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-27-2013, 9:21 PM Reply   
Bill- I usually go pretty heavy on my stuff because what I have dipped is all high contact (lacrosse helmet, system bindings, car accents, etc.) 4 coats is usually alright, although 5 is usually my comfortable amount.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-28-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
I've been following this thread and decided to give it try. I did the wheels on my boat trailer because the chrome was starting to chip off and it was looking dull, ugly, etc... Turned out great IMO and super easy to use.
Attached Images

Old     (anketell3)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-28-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
Hey guys! I was thinking about plasti dipping my board, what brand and how many coats can you usually get from a can? The board is a 135 so its about a 4 foot surface
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-28-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
How does this stuff hold up against things like bugs and rock chips for truck? I know it peels off but does it not pit? Can you wash it like a normal painted body?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-28-2013, 9:37 AM Reply   
Those wheels look great!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
Bill- I usually go pretty heavy on my stuff because what I have dipped is all high contact (lacrosse helmet, system bindings, car accents, etc.) 4 coats is usually alright, although 5 is usually my comfortable amount.
Jordan, how did it hold up on your System bindings? I've been thinking about dipping mine and was wondering if it was worth it. What parts of the binding did you dip? Any pics of that?
Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-28-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
The brand is Performix and the name of the product is called Plasti Dip.

I haven't had problems with bugs on my front bumper, as I've applied about 4-5 coats of it and.... once it sets in the sun after a few days it is a substance that becomes firm, and a bit harder, but with some work is easily peeled off. I did, however, make the mistake of going through the car wash after only about 3-4 days before having plasti-dipped my wheels. After reading and watching recommendations from articles and videos from DipYourCar.com and their YouTube account, I've learned that you should wait several weeks to wash them after the final application.
Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-28-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
One can will do a couple of coats, depending upon what you're applying to. Unfortunately, for whatever law/reason, we're unable to import gallons into California, and are forced to by them by the can. I'd like to be able to buy by the gallon and buy a sprayer, but no such luck in Cali. Damn you California.
Old     (Lockbrett)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-28-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
I have a buddy who saw my rim plasti dipped and I offered to do his car and it turned out well. I think for my next plasti project I will order the gallon and run it through my paint sprayer/compressor. The rattle can is good for large easy access areas, would really love to be able to adjust the pattern/size for hard to reach areas.
Attached Images

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-28-2013, 11:54 AM Reply   
I'll be doing my trailer wheels this year also! And probably my tower! Pulling the tape off right after you spray the last coat will give you a better edge
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-28-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Jordan, how did it hold up on your System bindings? I've been thinking about dipping mine and was wondering if it was worth it. What parts of the binding did you dip? Any pics of that?
Certain places held up, others didn't. I was sure what to expect, but for the most part I still like it. Ill get some pictures up in a minute here.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-28-2013, 3:22 PM Reply   
Where the boots would rub against the sides is the only place it tore. I'll peel the inside but leave the back and outside black.
Attached Images

Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-29-2013, 8:58 AM Reply   
We just had the JL Audio speaker grilles done in carbon fiber. I think they look good. Better than i anticipated, actually.
Attached Images

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-29-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
Craig I LOVE that carbon fiber look! Super sick!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-30-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
Some thoughts/tips that come to mind as I have been busy dipping these past couple days:

1) Keep the cans HOT. I use a plastic container filled with steaming water that I set my live cans in. This keeps the liquid inside real smooth and fine when it comes out.

2) Shake the cans OFTEN. This also helps the dip inside loosen up. I usually give every can a good couple minute shake if they've sat longer than an hour or so. Maybe overcautious, but I don't have issues with uneven application when I give them a good shake.

3) Order a new nozzle. I bought mine for ~$1 on dipyourcar.com and it makes a world of difference for big applications. More product comes out in a bigger fan, but still applies super clean.

4) Keep an old toothbrush handy. My nozzles (both the standard and extra) happen to clog sometimes, and it causes the dip to apply chunky and in unpredictable patterns. I always keep my nozzles from spent cans as well. You never know when you might need more.

5) Patience is key. This one is hard, I am incredibly impatient, but like SkySki said, as soon as your dip starts to run, project is over. There isn't much turning back from that.

Here is my usual setup (No fun colors yet, but I see red in the near future for my car body), the ordered nozzle, and the spray patterns of the two (Standard on the left, Ordered on the right)
Attached Images

Old     (Fx4210)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-04-2013, 8:50 PM Reply   
So after inspiration from this thread I decided to skip the expensive professional paint job of my vents and went the plastidip route. Here's the results:

Love to hear the thoughts?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-04-2013, 10:29 PM Reply   
Looks amazeballs!!!
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2013, 12:46 AM Reply   
Did my 22s for my truck to match the matte rock stars on my trailer. I'll post mounted pics Tomorrow. Came out really well. Also did trim pieces still peeling off extra, make sure to go heavy with several coats.
Attached Images

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2013, 12:49 AM Reply   
Finished wheel
Attached Images

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2013, 12:51 AM Reply   
For some reason on mobile I can only post 1 photo at a time.
Attached Images

Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-05-2013, 1:52 AM Reply   
Looks like i need to buy some cans and start dipping... Looks great, I want to do my rims on my truck.

Name:  truck12.jpg
Views: 11940
Size:  163.7 KB
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-05-2013, 10:54 AM Reply   
Cory

I love it I just thinking you need to buy the gloss spray to make it shinny. Like the rest of you boat.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-05-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHern5972 View Post
Looks like i need to buy some cans and start dipping... Looks great, I want to do my rims on my truck.

Attachment 28903
IMO, looks great as is! Black-on-black is so common these days.
Old     (ctxaggies)      Join Date: May 2010       04-05-2013, 12:36 PM Reply   
Connor

Your dipped trailer wheels look great. What sort of prep did you perform before spraying? I'm looking to do the same thing on my trailer wheels as they starting to look sad.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2013, 10:14 PM Reply   
Finished wheels grill and mirrors
Attached Images

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2013, 10:15 PM Reply   
Not sure why its upside down...
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2013, 10:18 PM Reply   
Another shot
Attached Images

Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-06-2013, 2:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
IMO, looks great as is! Black-on-black is so common these days.

thanks man.. only thing is these XD rims look like hell. flaking and pitted bad
Old     (LFMCrider6)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-06-2013, 3:42 AM Reply   
Looks good! We love our Titan, great tow vehicle
Old     (Fx4210)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-06-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Cory

I love it I just thinking you need to buy the gloss spray to make it shinny. Like the rest of you boat.
Hey Jon, I'm having a hard time deciding between the flat and gloss ... The reason I'm leaning toward the flat is because my f150 has flat black rims with the appearance package and I wanted a piece of that tied into the boat.

First world problems ...
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-06-2013, 4:16 PM Reply   
Just finished the logo on the boat.
Attached Images

Old     (mcdye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-06-2013, 6:47 PM Reply   
Jamie, how many coats did you do on the letters?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-06-2013, 7:17 PM Reply   
Cory I love your set up have thought about doing your letters like Jamie? I think if you just add a little more flat black it would be sick and match your truck better.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-07-2013, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
Jamie, how many coats did you do on the letters?
I taped off an area of about 1" around the logo then sprayed on 4 or 5 coats fairly heavy spread out over about 25 minutes. Then I walked away and gave it about 30 minutes to set, scored along the edges and peeled off the 1" overspray.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-07-2013, 7:36 AM Reply   
Here is a pic of my CBR1100xx that I sprayed about a year ago. The pink on the rear wheel is just some dust from a father daughter project we did at the same time.
Attached Images

Old     (Fx4210)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-07-2013, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Cory I love your set up have thought about doing your letters like Jamie? I think if you just add a little more flat black it would be sick and match your truck better.
I did think about that, it might be a project for after the season. Supposed to be 75 and sunny here today with water temps in the high 40's. So I might stop messing with the boat and start riding behind it!!!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-07-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
Dipped rims and hubs last weekend, but never got around to posting anything. Four layers each rim, same with the hubs. Took about 2 hours or so.
Attached Images

Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-07-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
My boat's windshield is basically chipped away/gone, any tips for a first timer besides the ones mentioned above? Also, should I wait to do it on a hot day, right now in CT it's only about 60 degrees on a good day. Also, how many days is the recommended 'bake' time? I was hoping to just leave it out for the day, just wondering if I should detail the interior before or after I do the plastidip (don't want to clean it, then leave it open outside for a few days)