Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-06-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
What tricks do you think are the easiest to learn once free riding? What progression will help move to more difficult tricks?
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-06-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
Lipslides can come pretty easy with more aggressive free riding, like so..
Upload
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-07-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
I'd like to know the answer to this one too...
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
Here is a link to a draft copy of a trick list that should help you with the trick progression. This list isn't all inclusive and some tricks need to have their difficulty levels adjusted. A shuvit is more much difficult than what this list indicates. http://www.wakesurfchamp.com/surf_tricks.pdf
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-08-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
RG

The PDF is not working for me.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
yeah, that doesn't make sense that beginner surface tricks are rated harder than a shuv-it. definitely should be the other way around.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on August 08, 2008)
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-08-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
Who made that Website?????
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-08-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
The riders are in Columbus Ohio.

(Message edited by sailing216 on August 08, 2008)
Old    surfdad            08-08-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
The trick list should NOT have been released and as it is a work-in-process and not approved for publishing, at this time. The riders are NOT strictly Ohio based, but a collaboration of the members-at-large of the American Wakesurf Association. I'm sorry that there seems to be some confusion that it is proprietary in nature, it's not. It is the collective efforts of the AWSA, again, not for public consumption at this time.

Mr. Gordon is dutifully working on that document, with the rest of the committee with the intent of having a fully functional online database that can be used in training Judges, as well as, for riders looking to understand how to perform tricks and the scoring associated with them. Hopefully we will be able to release that for comment, next year.

The website is the property of Mr. Gordon and he graciously allows us to use that.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Sorry about some of the confusion with the document. The document is in no way a final document or endorsed by any organization at this time. As I stated there are things in the document that need to be changed. I wanted to show a general progression of tricks. In my haste to help show this progression of tricks I posted this unfinished document. Because the document is not finished, I shouldn't have posted it. I've removed the document from the site until it can be finalized.

Drew, the website is mine.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Here is another link that might help to better address the issue of trick progression. http://www.howtowakesurf.com/Trick_List.jsp
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-08-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
OH well now I understand. Sorry It thought that was a final doc. on tricks and there difficulty. It is a cool idea. Look forward to seeing it when it is a final. Sorry for sounding Negative. I understand and I think that is cool that you are taking the time to do it.
With Respect
Drew
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-08-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
The video on that site, wakesurfchamp.com is the most adorable I've ever seen!! That little girl rips!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
I didn't mean to come off negative either. I like most the definitions and think it's a really cool idea just that a few of the classifications seemed off.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-08-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
I would love to see the wakesurf community develop and back some sort of trick list. At a minimum riders might be inspired to try new tricks that they had never thought of before.