Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-07-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
Pete at Smoothwatersports has been selling this jack with a homemade plate so you can bolt it up to a Boatmate trailer. I purchased one a month or so ago and did the install today. It took about 30 minutes, start to finish.

When removing the original jack, you've gotta trim the stud so the plate fits flat. After that, it's completely bolt-on. All hardware was included and it was all straight forward. The new jack is a lot more sturdy. Cranking seems to be the same but I only turned it about 3 turns.

Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
That looks so much better than the stock one... I have an 07 SSV24 and mine looks all jacked up and bent... Where did you get that jack? website or phone#

Also I see you pulled the Boat buddy off, Does the roller work any better & do you tie down the back of the boat when hauling it? Jerry (@ Boatmate) sold me a roller and i'm about to put it on this week...
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-07-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
The roller is much better. The bowstop on my trailer was too high, so last year I took it to Boatmate and had them rebuilt it. They also strengthened the upright bunkmounts with gusset plates. I also dealt with Jerry, and he's an excellent person to deal with.

I do tie the transom down with the Boat Buckle straps. I highly recommend them, great product.

For a website, http://www.towboats.net/about-us/contact-us

I tried communicating with PM's, but I ended up just calling. It was a lot easier that way. Pete is the person to talk to.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
I have one in transit... I found an old post on Supra Forum for Pete.. He still had a ebay list...
Thanks for the Info... That was on my list of things to do before the water warms up...
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-07-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
If thats your shop I am severely jealous! Nice install btw! Plan on installing a F2 on my trailer soon.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-08-2010, 2:11 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason