Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       08-12-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
I know this isn't a golf forum, but I know a lot of you play and I didn't feel like joining another forum as this one already makes me unproductive enough! LOL Hopefully you guys can give me some advice.

I have been playing golf a few years now and seem to ride a roller coaster of suck vs. more suck....When I started, I was hitting the ball O.K. and getting decent distance, but I learned on my own and had some bad habits.

I took a lesson and it threw me for a loop...He changed my grip and whole swing. I was hitting o.k. for a couple weeks after the lesson, but then it was gone...no more distance and just feeling weird.

I eventually started getting better, but then I played with my dad, he taught me a variation of the Stack and Lean (or tilt whatever it is) and it seemed to help my drives, but I still was hitting the ground more often than I liked.

Recently, a buddy of mine that is a golf pro told me that I need to shift my weight to my back foot on my backswing and then transition it forward to my front foot on my downswing....(He said because I was front-foot heavy (S&T) I was hitting the ground a lot and that putting the weight on my rear leg would reduce it.

Makes sense, but now that I'm trying that, I completely lost my drive!

Should I go back to the Stack method? Is there a better way to keep from hitting the ground so much? (for reference, I'm broken club heads off of my driver and 3 different 3 woods! Ugh!)

Let me know if you guys have any advice...because I am hitting fat, should I stay away from the stack and tilt? If I do steer away from it, I'm worried everything else is gonna fall apart.

Damn this sport is frustrating! HA!