Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-19-2010, 10:14 PM Reply   
I upgraded to a tandem axle trailer. I bought it new from my local dealer. I was told by him that my boat color (a 2003 sante) that was seen by him, in person a few different times was Patriot red. I proceded to order the trailer in the matching custom color of patriot red by his word. He orders it under a 2005 Patriot red. The traier comes and it is not the same color as my boat at all. I was then told that they have a standard color palet thay they use so red is red. Skeptical, I close on the trailer and go home and do some homework.

It turns out that my boat being a 2003, was available in 2 reds, Patriot red and Dark red. I apparently have the Dark red. My trailer looks like absolute A$$ against my boat. I expected when it was a custom paint to match, it would. I went throught the manufacturer brochure and it said "infinate color for perfect hull match" So not only was I fed a line about the color palet, he was wrong on the color and the year.

I spent 5000 dollars and went out of my way to get him the sale on this trailer because he is the local dealer for me and has treated me good in the past. I have a feeling that this will end up being a real issue. The question is how do I deal with this diplomatically and get him to fis his mistake? Even though it was on the contract for the wrong color for my boat, I dont see it to be my job to make sure the color is correct, especially when it is his product.