Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
My 2006 CWB zeus crapped out on me this weekend, the whole back just split right down the middle. I am looking at getting a new pair of boots before my shasta trip in a couple of weeks and was looking at the AA boots. Does anyone have any experience with these? I like the velcro idea but am wondering how it holds up, also does anyone know how stiff the boot is?
Cheers,
Tyler
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-18-2010, 9:42 PM Reply   
I got them in april and so far they have been great. The bindings are super stiff and very supportive. So far I have not noticed any wear and tear on the velcro. Super durable and a great fitting boot. I highly recommend them.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-19-2010, 3:45 AM Reply   
I've been riding them since May. Quite a bit of time in them and they have held up pretty good so far. The velcro is still staying strong on them. It has been a super supportive boot without being tight. Good purchase so far. Entry and exit is still really easy without the hinge on them
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-19-2010, 4:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylek306 View Post
I've been riding them since May. Quite a bit of time in them and they have held up pretty good so far. The velcro is still staying strong on them. It has been a super supportive boot without being tight. Good purchase so far. Entry and exit is still really easy without the hinge on them
I've been wondering about the velcro bindings. I know they started out that way, and it's interesting that the designers reverted back to that style. My only concern would be the stitching coming loose from the velcro...but you say they hold up, so that's good.
Old     (jpminter)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-19-2010, 5:28 AM Reply   
Mine have held up and I like them a lot. I wouldn't say they are super stiff though.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-19-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
Yeah we will see how they work long term but so far so good. They probably aren't the most supportive boot out there but I've been riding flexier boots for the past few years so for me they are on the stiffer side
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-19-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Loving them. I like how lightweight they are compared to other bindings
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Thats what i was looking for guys, I know there have been stories of the vantages coming apart and such and was just making sure that wasn't the case here before I pull the trigger. I am pretty stoked to try these out. Thanks for all the input.
Cheers,
Tyler
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-19-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
I just got a pair of AA's last week and have rode the twice already. Great bindings and I would recommend them to anyone!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-19-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
theyre pretty flexible to me....a little too much.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-19-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
ive riden in them there such a comfy binding nice and supportive as well! great binding for cable thats for sure