Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-07-2008, 5:03 AM Reply   
I was following the thread about the 11 year old that needed a wakeskate because I too have an 11 year old that needs his first board.

I am not having any luck finding something smaller than 40 - other than the mini wakeskate. BUT, it doesn't have fins and I think he will really need them.

The new New Wakeskate website was suppose to open Aug 1 but it hasn't yet. I was hoping they would have something else....

Anyway can someone direct me to a 40" or smaller wakeskate that has fins and grip tape at a starter price??

Thanks!!
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-07-2008, 5:31 AM Reply   
http://www.skate12gauge.com/Results.cfm?secondary=4&category=2

http://www.devotid.com/onward38.html

FLAKE FLIPPIN FLAPJACK- http://www.oakwakeskates.com/#

Harlos- http://www.wakeskateworld.com/

I dont know exactly what your looking for. But those are some ideas.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
FJK, the Mini from New would be your best bet I can give you an e-mail to contact them if you're interested
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-08-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
Montgomery, please let me know what the e-mail address is but, while I agree it is the perfect size board I really think I need to find something with fins. Plus, from what I have been reading it sounds like grip tape is the way to go??

The boards on the websites above are a little more pricey than I wanted to go for a starter board and are still a little big....

There has got to be a good kids board out there somewhere....
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
FJK, I think Levelthirtn makes a 38" flat deck. I cant find anything online for them though.

But the New Mini is probably the best way to go. And just think of it this way, its still cheaper then a wakeboard.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
I believe the mini is $90 w/o fins and $100 with fins

contact@newwakeskates.com <--- NewWakeskates e-mail
or you can contact Barrett on WakeSkating.com
http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5468
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
by the way don't be afraid to try a bi level I know it's all personal preference but bi levels are awesome I love em I have 2 Devotid bi levels and they're both fun as hell to ride
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-09-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info....I will follow up with the New Mini wakeskate. But from what I seen it was $90 with no graphics and $100 with graphics - neither had fins??

My 11 year old is really into skateboarding and he does pretty good with it. He already has a wakeboard but he wants to try out wakeskating.

He does a lot of tricks with the skateboard - most I have no idea what the names are. He is wanting to get into the airial tricks with the wakeskate that he can do with his skate board. So that is why I am looking for a small wakeskate.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
FJK, there is a very good chance he will prefer no fins, but if you look on wakeskating.com you can buy some off someone for really cheap because most dont use them. i personally have a shoe box full of fins that i will never use. pm me your address and i can send you some out if you really want some, no cost.

Im stoked that you are into his riding and that you are looking into things like size and all. because most kids start out on boards that are way too big for them because thats what the guy at the shop says. I wish more companies made smaller wakeskates for kids or for guys that just like smaller decks.
Old     (skateonwater564)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
just listen to mitch, hes the man
Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-10-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Mitch IS the man. He is hooking me up with some fins and getting me squared away with what I need!!
Old     (skateonwater564)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
hahaha lucky you. hope he has fun
Old     (samhill)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
I would look into the Oak Ben Horan.
That board is hot.

2008 Oak Ben Horan