Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
I'm looking for suggestion for some camping spots in northern california. Its a family trip 10 people max i have 2 kids ages 7 and 4 (lil ripper). I perfer a place where i can keep my boat in the water in front of the campsite. Clean lake flat water( at least in the morning and evening) and not a ton of people. Is that being to picky? www.fantasylake.com isnt close enough by the way .. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old    flyhigh916            07-31-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
Shasta, lake trinity, camp far west
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-31-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
Sunset camp at Lake Pilsbury. You can keep your boat in the water and the 17 mile dirt road keeps the crowds away.
Old     (klpnautique)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-31-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/350152.html?1154199170
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
the search feature is amazing i should learn how to use it. Thanks guys. Anyothers are appreciated as well
Old    walt            07-31-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
If You go to Pillsbury I'd stay @ Fuller grove and the dirt road is more like ten miles long.

Starting today 8-1 logging will start in the area and the logging trucks will be up and down the dirt road six days a week for two months. The trucks will beat the hell out of the road so expect it to be very rough and drive slow because they won't be.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-31-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
orwood rocks my socks....i was only there once early in the season so im not sure how the crowds are.....but lots and lots of space and inlets for finding your own stretch of water.

orwood does have floating campsites as well.

have you considered a houseboat?
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
are the floatin campsites big? it seems cool but like youd get no shade and not much room
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
im trying to google there website but it seems like its down. lake orville not google.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-31-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Orwood is at the Delta not at Lake Oroville!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-31-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
i meant oroville.....lol.

had delta on the brain.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-31-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
The Delta has a number of camping areas, and many of them have docks that would allow you to keep the boat in the water. Not in front of your campsite, but at least in the water and ready to go. But then, at most of the lakes the water can be 500 yards from the camping area this time of year.

If you like the KOA style of camping Tower Park Marina is probably the nicest on the Delta. Playgrounds for the kids, lots of trees, etc.

If you prefer the state campground experience then Brannan Island comes to mind.

Here is a website from the Delta chamber of commerece:
http://www.californiadelta.org/camping.htm

Bethel Island can be nice, but be careful as you can end up behind 20 minutes worth of 5 MPH zone.

Turner Cut Resort is pretty good. It also happens to be close to my regular hang out spot.

I have heard good things about Orwood and it is close to some great places to ride. It also has one of the best launch ramps that has a reasonable fee.

The great thing about the Delta is that you can usually find some decent water even in some stiff winds and many times the it's all glass.
Old    lost_37            07-31-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
I say just go to Clear Lake state park, its a nice spot for the kids, the lake is always flat in the mornings and evenings, and the lake is so big you really don't have to worry about people getting in your way. The only thing is I don't know if they have over night docks there. My next suggestion would be to rent a house boat up in shasta, its a really nice place