Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    rypayne            05-03-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
i am mostly wondering what guys in california, everywhere between fresno and sacramento, are landing or landed last year. but, anyone from anywere will do.
Old    blindsiderider            05-03-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
toe and heel side Tantrum+with indy grab
toe and heel side backroll
raley and Hochie glide
scarecrow
working on Whirly
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-03-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
What's the difference between a ts backroll and a "ts tantrum"?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-03-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
Yeah, tony what is a toeside tantrum? hehe
Old    blindsiderider            05-03-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
ok ok ha ha I was just typing not reading what I typed
Old    rypayne            05-03-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
yeah tony, what is a toe side tantrum, perhaps he means toeside backroll. i think that would be the closest trick to a tantrum. i havent gone out this year but can land:
raley's
hoochies
i have landed a few ohh's
scarecrow
tantrum
toe and heelside backrolls
toeside front roll
heelside front flip
and of course toeside tantrums
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
I like to do 360s and also those things where you jump up and spin around and then land and keep going.

Sorry, kid, couldn't resist.
Old    the_intern            05-03-2004, 5:03 PM Reply   
I goin' Super Big.
Landing heel side and toe side fashion airs.
Old    rypayne            05-03-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
joe and bennett, what are you guys landing
Old     (mwaken)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
hs backroll
hs backroll revert
hs front flip
hs 3 and 5 on and off axis
hs blind 3
hs off axis 180's
ts backroll
scarecrow
ts front roll
elephant
ts 3 and 5 on and off axis
switch hs 3's
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-03-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
w2w indy....ummm bunnyhop fs 180...lipside... thats about it...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
Nice trick list's Matt and Ryan. Mine's not near as impressive. Just basic stuff.
hs grabs and pokes
ts grabs and pokes
hs grab 180's
ts grab 180's
half-cab w/grab
blind 180's (just over the rollers- not w2w yet)
all the slides
feel ready to try hs fs and bs 3's. very comfy on the tramp with these, just need to nut up and try em.
Ryan, if you're really jones'n bad, you are always welcome to come on up to Sonoma Co. and ride with my son and I. Just shoot me an email.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-03-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
Ryan can I have your address so I can send you a cookie?
Old    hoochieman89            05-03-2004, 8:38 PM Reply   
HS grabs, 180's, FS 360's, Backroll, Tantrum
TS grabs, 180',working on frontrolls and 3's
But I hit all the sliders and kickers and can 3 off the kickers and on boxes
Old    rypayne            05-03-2004, 9:20 PM Reply   
can you make me peanut butter? blabelass what are you landing. what is the cookie thing all about?
Old    rypayne            05-03-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
i feel bad and im sorry, i dont really think you're an ass, i dont know you
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-03-2004, 9:37 PM Reply   
Ryan, I'll have you know that Blabelmooch is one of the most knowledgeable person in wakeboarding. He also happens to rip, with frontside and backside spins and several inverts. And he doesn't brag about them.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-03-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
Ryan I appreciate your second post. My point is there is more to the sport than what tricks you can do.
Old    rypayne            05-03-2004, 10:03 PM Reply   
i was just curious is all
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-03-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
Ah yes, another newbie to the board makes the classic error in judgment...

Don't sweat it kid, we've all been there. Good job to follow up with the second post.

B, I'll take a cookie if you're giving them out for free, or do I have to show you my circus flip for it?
Old    rypayne            05-03-2004, 10:57 PM Reply   
well alright
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-04-2004, 6:25 AM Reply   
No Doc, it has to be one of those superman tricks that get the chicks
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2004, 7:07 AM Reply   
oh, oh I can do a Fashion air! Its not as good as Kegaday's but I try.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-04-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
I can do fashion airs ts and hs, as well as a Canadian roll. Crap, I'm not between Fresno and Sac so I guess no one cares. Am I still in the running for a cookie?
Old    rypayne            05-04-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
doc, are you referring to newbie as to the disscussion board or wakeboard? how many years does it take to not be a newbie? anyone can put their input on the second one. do non-newbies find it immature or simply not want to know what tricks others are doing around them? i am just wanting to know so i can progress in my discussion board skills. there is a lot more to wakeboarding than tricks but doing tricks is kind of the point of wakeboarding. there isnt anything wrong with being interested in what others are landing, its not braging. i love hearing what people can do, i get excited just thinking about it. i now know that blabelmooch can tear it up with spins and im glad i know he can do them. it gives hope to everyone. the discussion was a success.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-04-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
I ain't gonna lie, I'm posting to brag.

ole surface 3's, ollies to fakie, riding switch with one hand, one wake half-cabs, and of course switch hsbs off-axis 1440's off the triple-up.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-04-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
I'm lucky if I just land and don't fall. Hence, my name...wakejumper cuz its the only thing I can do! I have the time of my life out there though and to me that is what it is all about. Cudos to all you that have a list of tricks a mile long. Brag all you want, I'm sure you've deserved it!
Old    wakelvr            05-04-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
Laurie, quit being so modest!!! You know you go BIG!

Blabel, Ja would appreciate that cookie:-) you know where to send it.

Old    wakelvr            05-04-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
Okay, okay, okay. I'm also going to chime in on Laurie's last statement. She is right. After riding for almost three years, and being in a rut this past year... you guys should be very proud of what you do. Call it bragging, curiousity, whatever... Be proud of what you do. I am truly amazed at some of you guys (i.e. Blabel and Jimmy). My mouth drops everytime I see you guys ride. So list your tricks, and be proud of it. You have worked very hard!!!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-04-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
Of coarse there is more to the sport than what tricks someone does, but this thread is about what tricks someone does. So if your not interested in a thread or have nothing positive to post, use the advice "Hall Monitor Joe" gave someone else "DON'T CLICK ON IT!" Have a nice day.
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-04-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
help me, i'm ignorant, but what's a "canadian roll"...eh?
Old    xerxxees            05-06-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
Just wondering, considering the location paramater in the topic where do you guys ride at? Particularly in/around Sac.
Old    rypayne            05-06-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
i usually ride on the delta between mossdale and dos reis.
Old    the_friend            05-06-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
Hey I hella suck

I can land
heelside tantrums
Working on raleys

Hey if you wanna a pull behing my tige give me a call at 269-1879 or look for me a millerton starting in june. I have a new red tige 22v.
If you know TOny Carroll im the Guy thats always with him.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-07-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
A Canadian roll is just an inside out backroll. I gave it that name because I landed a few of them awhile ago and thought I invented a trick. Turns out all I had to do was look it up in the trick dictionary (Thane/Kris) and would have found out that people have been doing those for years.
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-07-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
thanks sean, each day I learn more and more.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-10-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
Sean - Still a quite impressive trick.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-10-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
My friend landed a half ass canadian (As Sean calls it) raley. It wasn't extended all the way but it was close!
Old    rypayne            05-10-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
im still confused, what do you guys mean by inside out?
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       05-10-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
Matt:

After what I saw you throw last Friday, that's a short list of the tricks in your bag.

Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
i can do all rols and tantrum plus front roll and crow with grabs blind 5s toeside switch 5s and crow mobes and whirlyus all consistent done a couple mobydicks and working on peterose and tnatrum to blind i live in stockton
Old    rypayne            05-11-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
hey kevin. are you the kevin that rides with doug brandow? if you are, do you still ride with him? i rode with him a couple times a few years ago and, if its you, he said you were the sickest rider on the delta.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
yeah i am an instructor for them yeah doug his bro dan and a few of us actually just went to texas ski ranch a month ago or so to ride the cables yeah we are really good friends. how do you know doug? Hes a wild man you should see some of the footage from the cables he is freaking crazy. shoot me an email man.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-11-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
What up yall, I'm a bit south of Fresno, in Bakersfield, and land all the rolls, several raley variations, 3's, 5's, and get lucky on 7's from time to time. Landed a Pete once, and was working on a KGB, Moby, and a Tootsie Roll till I blew my ACL and LCL. See you all on the water in about 6 months.

Kevin--don't know if you remember me, but I met you last year at Honor Farms Lake at a tourney. Might be headed up to the Delta next weekend if I don't head to Texas. Maybe you could hook up with us to ride. I'll be driving of course.

www.westsidewakeboard.com
Brandon