Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-08-2013, 11:12 AM Reply   
In the market for a new SUV. I've had good luck with my previous Expedition so I think we are set on the model. Just curious if anybody has any experience in the used pricing market that can give me any feedback on this one? Looking to stay closer (or under $30K) but also under/around 30-40K miles.

Thanks!

http://www.rlbsalesandleasing.com/in...n+Ft.+Worth+TX
Old     (jafo9)      Join Date: May 2012       08-08-2013, 2:56 PM Reply   
I can't speak to the price, but the car looks pretty similar to my wife's '10 Limited (non EL). This is our 4th Expedition. we've really enjoyed the car and we use it to tow our 02 MC X30. Tows pretty well (ours doesn't have the load leveling suspension). I'm not a fan of the rear captain's chairs and we had to look across 2 states to find a Limited with the rear middle bench. I prefer the seats from our previous Expy as they didn't have the severe forward angle on the headrests for the driver and passenger seats. you get used to it, but they really aren't very comfortable. ford stopped using the power running boards on the expy. my guess is that they failed alot. our drivers side failed under warranty. it sounded like the gears stripped and was probably a cheap fix, but they replaced the whole motor assembly under warranty. even with the possibility of motor failure, i prefer the power running boards over the fixed kind since they seem to deploy deeper than the fixed ones and are more useful. particularly if you are loading the roof. all in all, though, its been a great car for us. my wife loves the keyless entry and the fold flat back and middle seats make the cargo area really useful for hauling loads. the rear seats are actually useable, even for adults (short trips only). you give up a solid rear axle for the seats. not a big deal for us as it is really a glorified people hauler and not a "truck".

good luck.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-08-2013, 6:39 PM Reply   
RLB has been a good friend of our store for years. I can call Robbie for you and get the low down on the truck and I also have a close friend who runs 18 Autonation stores that I can get you in touch with. Either way, just let me know how I can help..
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-08-2013, 7:03 PM Reply   
jafo9 - Thanks for the feedback. We have a couple of young kids and really wanted something with a third row seat but that could also tow our 23' boat. As you mentioned, the folding flat 3rd row in the Expedition was a major selling point for us as well. We have a 2000 Expedition now and after 13 years and 170K miles, I think it's time to put it to sleep.

Craig - Thanks for the offer! I would love it if you wouldn't mind calling about the ride and seeing what you/they can do. I think the price is a bit high but I'm not sure how much room they have to move. He gave me a quote $1200 or so less than the listed price but that's all I've heard thus far. Jeff Crawford is the guy that emailed me back about the car. I appreciate anything you can do.