Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    bross            03-13-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
I just bought the Gonzales 138 pro model wakeboard today and put 2003 Parks bindings on it. I tightened the claw system down tight, but the botton of the binding plate doesn't touch the board. Is this a problem? The bindings are secure but the plate isn't touching the board in the middle(directly under the bindings), but rather on the sides closer to the claws. Also, I used to ride a 140 Premier or the now the ERA. Anything I should know for my first time out on the Gonzales?
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-13-2004, 10:40 PM Reply   
I wouldn't worry about it man. I had a Project with 30/60's and its just because of the continuous/progressive rocker it has. Hyperlite's stiff plates just don't allow your bindings to contour the board. Your premier had a 3-stage so it probably just didn't set on the bend for the 3-stage.
Old    maverick_gear            03-14-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
ya i ride the ricky with byerlys and you will be fine. its very similar to the ERA so you shouldn't have any problem adapting let us know your point of view on it!!
Old    bross            03-15-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
Will my toe to heel response be different given that the bindings in only touching near the claws?
Old    xtremrider            03-15-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
i ride a ricky 138 and 2003 parks, it is a great combo, i love it, and no it will respond different because of the board, but after a few rides the bindings will contour better.

make sure you tighten your bindings after every ride for a while.