Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-03-2013, 12:55 AM Reply   
Hey all,

So I'm in process of building a house, and I had the garage depth extended, door headers raised, and third stall garage door widened to accomodate the boat I don't even own yet.....

My question is this, did I give myself enough room?

Third garage stall will be 35 ft deep (no prob there), Door height is 8ft, and Door width will be 9ft.

My target boat would be an older SAN210, 205V hull or X1, or Malibu VLX, any of these boats from 2004 to 2007, or whatever I can afford in two years when the kiddos are old enough to justify the boat.

I'm guessing beam on most these boats would be 90-96"? What would overall trailer width on something like this be? I know most places legal limit is 102" or 8'6". In that case I would have only 3" to spare on either side of my door....

For anyone that has one of the models listed, or a boat of similar size, what is your overall trailer width?

My buddy with a 2009 X-Star says his trailer measures exactly 8'6" and that 8' height is no prob with tower folded down. I don't anticipate ever owning anything that big.

What are your thoughts? Is my $5000 garage upgrade going to be enough? Footings are in and forms are set, so really can't back out now...

Thanks for any re-assurrance
-dy