Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-26-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
So I used the search function and found that most people rave about the Monarch. It is fast, pops like no other, and is really loose. How does it compare to a Slingshot Recoil and or a LF Shane. I have a recoil but it is too slow for me. Any input on this board in comparison would be great! I like a fairly loose board. I loved my Shane finless. Also, are there any differences in the 08 and 09 Monarch, or is it the exact same core and exact same shape? Thanks for the help
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-27-2009, 6:00 AM Reply   
THE MONARCH IS A VERY ADVANCED BOARD. NO DIFFERENCE FROM LAST YEAR EXCEPT THE CORE. ITS BASICALY THE PVC CORE LIKE THE MAREK HAS. MAKING IT LIGHTER AND MORE STIFF. CRAZY POP, BUT STILL WITH THE 3 STAGE ROCKER IT MAKES IT SLOW.....FOR ME ANYWAYS. ALL IVE EVER RIDEN IS HYPERLITE SO I HAVE NO COMPARISSION BUT YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH HYPERLITE.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
the monarch had the pvc core last year. it is exactly the same this year
Old    star_star            06-27-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
i ride an 08 monarch. i just came from an 08 murray and an 08 transcend, both of which are great boards. however, i love the because it is so light and loose. the pop is tremendous and the landings are exceptional. i am not a very good rider so i am not a great analyst of boards but i will say this: the only thing i had trouble with on the monarch was the fact that it took a few days riding to learn how to get it to track well for me. in my opinion it isn't the board's fault but rather a function of the design and mostly my poor riding ability. now, however. i have dialed it in and can truly say it is the most fun board i have ever ridden.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2009, 11:13 PM Reply   
How is the speed of the board in comparison to other three stages like a shane, watson, or recoil?
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-28-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
I just bought this. im amped to ride it! how does it compare to the Watson so i can adjust properly?
Old    star_star            06-29-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
of my three newest boards it is faster than the 08 transcend plat and so close to the 08 murray that i am not sure which is faster. the murray is heavier by far and really sticks a good solid landing. the byerly requires a little more ability to control due to it being so light and so loose. i absolutely love it and believe you will too upon getting used to it. i rode an 07 shane two years ago and it was blistering fast. never ridden a watson or recoil so can't compare for you.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-29-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
The 08 Monarch said it had "monocoque construction" while the 09 said it had "double lap construction". Whats the difference? I thought the 08 and 09 were the exact same board
Old     (tres0422)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-29-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
How do the speed, looseness, and pop compare to the Hyperlite Sub IV
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
I normally ride a Recoil and just demoed my friends monarch. The monarch is faster than the Recoil for sure and it feels smaller underneath you being so light. I liked it but not ready to switch back to a stiff board.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-29-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
the monarch is a bit slower than the sub-6, but has more pop. i think the monarch is a little looser too.

the monarch is the shiz.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-30-2009, 4:47 AM Reply   
ZACH.....LIKE I SAID EARLIER THE CORE WAS CHANGED FOR THIS YEAR TO REDUCE WEIGHT. THIS YEAR IS BASICALLY COMPOSITE PRESSED CORE VS A POURED FOAM CORE FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND - HINTS THE PRICE DIFFERENCE FROM 08 TO 09. THEY ARE THE SAME SHAPE, JUST DIFFERENT CORES.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2009, 5:53 AM Reply   
Last year it was an atomic pvc core just like this year the only difference is the way they milled the core but it is the same weight as last year
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-30-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
Lee whats with the caps
Old     (air_senio)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-30-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
the fins are shorter on the 09 monarch as well.
Old     (spunnnn)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-05-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
The 08 Monarch seams really loose to me....period.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-05-2009, 11:59 AM Reply   
Ok i finally rode this board, and I love it! its got sick pop and buttery smooth landings compared to my Watson. Its so light i had to relearn my spins cause i over-rotated them. Its easy to really whip it around. Its nice and loose but locks in when you want it to. Go buy it haha!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
HaHa... Luke, look at Lee's Profile. Everything that can be is in caps. I thought maybe he was just being a jerk, but it appears that he truly does not have the ability/skill to disengage caps lock.

Or maybe it's voice immodulation syndrome?