Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-14-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
It seems like she keeps showing up on the news, and I just don't get it. I heard a story and read this one:
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/sarah-...ry?id=10352437

saying she's made $12 million in the past year???? No wonder she quit as governor. There was just too much hard cash to be made.

In her latest news story about speaking a Stanislaus University they say people are paying $500 a head. That just blows my mind.

I think maybe she has as much to thank the anti Obama rhetoric for her recent success as Obama has to thank Bush and his administration for easily winning the Presidency.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-14-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
I would pay $5 to watch her speak.......

naked.

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
I would pay $5 to watch her stand naked.... no talking at all though, thats a must.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-14-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
She represents a conservative America and gun ownership.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-14-2010, 9:38 PM Reply   
Iv'e always said it's all about timing. Timing in life is everything. Weather you are investing, or starting a business etc.. Palin was in the right place at the right time. She got the nod from mccain and the rest is history. I lean conservative and I agree with much of what Palin says. The thing is I have never been a huge fan. Her voice drives me nuts and so do those librarian glasses.

Like many people who get thrust into the lime light, she is riding the wave of celeb status. Although what goes up, must come down. At least that goes for everyone accept for Oprah Winfrey who of course is the real messiah. Oprah can fart on a book and it would be an instant best seller. I have never gotten that, I mean i used to love Michael Jordan, but if he told me he loved a book I wouldn't go run out and buy it because he read and enjoyed it. I like what I like because I like it, not because MJ or Oprah liked it. Sorry off topic for a moment. So the whole palin phenomina is really interesting. Obama burst onto the scene at the perfect time also, He ran on the perfect theme and the only place Obama could have went was down.

Now Palin finds herself in the same position. She is at the top of her game and the only place to go is back down. I hope she enjoys the lime light as much as she can, sooner or later, it always catches up to you.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-15-2010, 7:10 AM Reply   
I really wish the GOP would get its act together and focus on fiscal conservatism, instead of pandering to zealots and hillbillies.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
I too would like to see her naked, and would pay up to $10. To watch her speak...nah. I think the GOP, FOX, Hannity are all retarded for pushing her into the spot light. What's the point? We don't want her for President. I hope Herman Cain runs in 2012. He has good views and the fact that he is black will shut all the liberals up claiming the Republicans are racists.

Republicans need to ditch Limbaugh, Beck, and Palin...
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-15-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
I will save my 5 bucks for that meathead bouncer taking cover charge at the bar tonight.
I can go online (at work) and look at boobs all day for free!
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-15-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
I hope we dont get into a trend of knee jerk reactions every 4 years. Obama was a knee jerk reaction to Bush. The next violent swing could be a Palin type. The bottom line is that with the current polarization, you cannot be elected by playing the middle or being honest about the current government gridlock when discussing ones game plan. Currently you have to pander to one side really hard in hopes that your side has 51% of the showing, and you also have to give sensational goals no matter how foolish or unrealistic.
Old    bigdtx            04-15-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-15-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
I would not pay a dollar. in fact you would have to pay me to show up. Even if shes naked.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-15-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
I wonder if her body shows the signs from the 5 kids she has?

It might not be worth 5.00.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-15-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
Nice insult to mothers, Jeremy. I know quite a few (including my wife) with fantastic bodies.

The political polarization in this country right now is really unbelievable.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-15-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
How is that an insult? Does that insinuate that ALL mothers show signs from having kids? I have seen women with multiple children with good bodies and women with only one child that show "signs". That in no way was an insult to mothers, it was a REASONABLE question. That was you trying to draw incorrect conclusions from a silly statement. I mean what about the guys wanting to see her naked, in your rationing, is that not an insult to mothers or strippers?

Geez, why are you all butt hurt about people talking about Palin?
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-15-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
I would pay $5 for her to NOT speak...
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-15-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
I can't stand Palin, for whatever that's worth. Apparently I read your post wrong. My bad.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-15-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
can you insult strippers?
i try from time to time but it doesn't seem to work.
Old    deltahoosier            04-15-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
Wonder if people would talk this way about a male speaker. I don't remember male candidates being knocked for their glasses, cloths, mothers body or so on. Nice progression fellas.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-15-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
Hoosier, the glasses thing is just a pet peeve of mine, they drive me crazy, and that squeeky voice, she isn't my favorite person to listen to. Wasn't being dissrespectful or anything , just saying in my oppinion Palin is probabbly a great person down to earth, a good mother with good morals etc.. but that being said, I the glasses need to go. Don't be haten yo
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-17-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
Spent three days in Anchorage this week. I was shocked, the general consensus is total hatred for her up there.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-17-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Why would anybody PAY to hear someone speak their opinion. I have never been able to grasp that one...

I will pay for entertainment. Maybe that is entertainment.