Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       08-05-2013, 2:52 PM Reply   
I have had this problem reoccurring for a few months now. I purchased my 2002 Elite V with a known intermittent bogging issue. I determined it was isolated to a fuel pressure issue by running a mechanical gauge on the fuel rail. What happens is when I am going 3/4+ throttle, the engine will completely bog to idle rpm, then shoot back up, then bog back down. This problem is intermittent, and really noticeable at 3/4-full throttle.

I started by removing the anti-siphon valve and checking its operational. I then replaced the high pressure pump on the fuel cooler with a brand new unit. The boat worked flawless after doing this for the past 3 or 4 trips out. Recently, it started again.

I've noticed that when it bogs, two things are pretty consistent:
1) The tank is usually near full or near empty
2) The fuel gauge will drop completely to empty, then back to full again.

Any ideas? I'm about to replace the 2nd pump at the fuel/water separator. I had it at a shop here locally, but they could not replicate the problem with it out of water.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-05-2013, 5:14 PM Reply   
sounds like something in your tank blocking flow like maybe a piece of plastic or something. I would pull the tank and start there
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       08-05-2013, 6:30 PM Reply   
Thats a good thought. Any idea whats involved to remove the fuel tank?