Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-01-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Last week we had a gathering at Morse Lake, north of Indianapolis, Indiana. The predicated weather was bad – not that bad on the day of the gathering, but bad enough to put off several riders. So we had a follow up gathering at the Scioto Boat Club, in Columbus Ohio this Sunday.

We loaded up the Mighty Centurion with the following boards
1) Trick Boardz Mojo
2) Trick Boardz Surf Skate
3) Inland Surfer Yellow
4) Shred Stixx Extreme
5) Victoria
6) Strait Trippin’ ( very good homemade board)
7) Walker Project F18
8) An old Thruster
9) A LF wakeskate
10) My LF Balance wakeboard
11) My daughters LF Substance wakeboard

My board racks were loaded to capacity and we had one board in the bow; the boat was so full that we left three other boards in our cars.

We rode all but the wakeboards. When was the last time you were in a boat and had an opportunity to ride seven excellent wakesurf boards? That was awesome!

We’ve been talking about setting up gatherings in Indiana and Ohio next year. One of our surfers has a place on Norris lake and was suggesting adding a wakesurf gathering there as well, next year could be very busy! I’ve attached a few photos from our mini gathering.

Robbie on the Walker Project
Upload
Robbie on the Stixx
Upload
Robbie on Strait Trippn'
Upload
Upload
Robbie on the Yellow
Upload
Robbie on the Victoria
Upload
Roy on the Mojo
Upload
Roy on the Victoria
Upload
I'm ridding the Victoria
Upload
I'm Striat Trippin'
Upload
Upload
I've got my Mojo going
Upload
Jim show off his home made Strait Trippin' board for me
Upload
Upload
Jim on his Victoria
Upload
Upload
Jim has some Mojo going too
Upload
Jim rides the Yellow
Upload
This is what happens when Kevin drives the Miss Mendella on glass, imagine what would happen if he hit our surfing wake!
Upload
Old    surfdad            10-01-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Nice collection of boards!!!!!! :-)
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
Robbie and I had a great time on the Scioto today. It was an excellent opportunity to demo different boards. The Strait Trippin was our favorite. Jim did a really nice job of handcrafting this board. The Victoria was a close second. It was an extremely fast board. We're looking forward to future surf gathering.

Here are a few pictures of the best trick and fall.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-01-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
Ya, I'm working on my 3.

Roy, be sure to email me you're pictures or you can give them to me on disk when we meet in a week - or so.

Jeff makes a good point, I forgot to recognize where all of these boards came from! Surfers brought their own boards to ride and share, but we also had great industry support.

We've had great support for the American Wakesurf Association (Jeff) this summer for 2 1/2 events as well as Shred Stixx, The Walker Project, Trick Boardz, and Inland Surfer. I've had great experiences working with all of these companies, thanks so much!