Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-29-2013, 7:48 AM Reply   
Mike, it looks like I need to go to AZ soon! Are you and Angie coming to the WCO this year?
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-29-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vman View Post
Dreamer. You can create a superb surf wake with the 30 with no sacs on seats and no lead in the boat. We have 3 sacs on our boat and all are in the lockers (hidden). We do carry 250 lbs in lead bags, and we use these when switching sides. it is easy to move lead from side to side.

We now use the Straight Line Sumo Sacs. We put 900's in the back lockers and have an 850 under the port side bench seat. When we surf port side we fill port locker 900 (holds about 800) and the 850 under port side bench. We keep 5 50lb bags under corner pocket seat (these would not be necessary unless you plan on switching to goofy). We surf 90 percent of the time in this configuration and during the winter months it's usually just me and the better half.

On the rare occasion we need to go to the dark side, we will fill the star side 900 and move the lead to star side corner pocket.

We carry 2 pumps and setup time is 7 minutes, and 7 minutes to switch sides.
Is there factory ballast that you are filling as well as these two sacs? Front, center and opposite side?
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-29-2013, 3:26 PM Reply   
Tony. We are planning on making the WCO. Angie will be there for sure.

Dreamer. We fill all internal tanks when surfing port side. And we will dump the port side internal if we switch to starboard.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-30-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Looking forward to seeing you two!
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-30-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
Davis,

Any tips on dialining the G23 in will be appreciated. I boat on Lake Osoyoos in Northern WA. Thanks.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       04-01-2013, 2:00 PM Reply   
Jay,

Sorry, I was just offering to experiment with you! I went with the X30. Once you get your boat though, ask in the forums and I am sure you'll have plenty of owners chime in with their weighting techniques.
In response to one of your other posts, several boats have a surfable wave with stock ballast. The G23 is a good example. But not a single boat on the market has a stock wave that is really superb. For example, having surfed the stock G23 it has a clean wave with a short pocket (surfable length) and not a lot of vertical height.

What this means is with stock ballast in any boat the pocket is short so you have less push and space to do tricks and it is also harder for beginners because they are forced to stay in say a 4 or five foot area where the wave is actually pushing the board. With more weight you get maybe an 8 or 10 foot area where you are not "losing the wave"

So when your new G23 arrives tell the dealer you want to plumb in more ballast. They will put bags in the storage areas that you can link to your primary ballast pumps or they can have them fill off of separate pumps (super saccer) that are still hidden away under the seats. The G23 has insane storage areas so I bet you can put a lot of hidden bags in there and get an amazing wave!
Old     (Hartj17)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-01-2013, 2:29 PM Reply   
Good God... Here is my response for all of the Haters out there. Another reason I have not come back to this site for such a long time. If you have narrowed your search down to two boats, go with what you like. YOU are the one spending time in this boat or surfing/riding/ behind it. In the end you have to live with a $80 plus investment, that is unless your parents are buying the boat. If a poster asks about two boats, please don't try and get them into another boat. Example would be the OP. He gives two #$%A^ about Tige, Centurion, Malibu, or anyone else for that matter. Also, Don't bash the guy for wanting a CC or a Mastercraft. If a man has the money to buy a boat that price so be it. I know a lot of people with Honda's tricked out to a point of sickness... do I like it? No. Would I rather be riding around in my Cadillac ESV with Heated AND Cooled seats? Sure, just remember the OP wanted to know about two boats, not everyone else.

Now, myself..... I have been in both boats, and I have surfed behind both boats. I even surfed the NSS this weekend. I just don't like the seats in the G23. They are 1,000% better than the 226 and others in the line up, but still not what I like. I felt right at home with the X-30. That being said, the NSS threw a wake that was good, for us weekend warriors who love to surf maybe even great. The X-30 surfed extreemly well but needed extra ballast as does any boat. In the end... if I where to buy I would probably go with the X-30. The one I priced out to day was $92k as to the G23 that was $125k.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-01-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
Now, how about some X30 fun?!

http://youtu.be/qn1JTMflSvs
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-01-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
I will add sacs as per Davis recomendation. Thanks for the useful information. Much appreciated. I will also look to additional pumps for quick fill. I am now solid with the G23 and the order is in. My cost was 117K. Fully loaded with the new XR 550HP engine and tandem trailer. The X-30 with the 6.2 loaded was 107K and they offered me 5K less than the Natique dealer did for my 08 Xstar. So for me the difference was only 5K for the G23 with a 550HP engine versus the X-30 with a 420HP engine. If I took the big engine in the X-30 it would have acutally been more than the G23. I do love the fit and finish of the G23. Very excited to get this boat.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-02-2013, 4:45 AM Reply   
Jay- Just curious..... Are those prices, with a trailer, or without?
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       04-02-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
Jay I have no doubt you are going to love that G23!!

Every region seems to have some price variances. Here in Texas (Austin San Antonio area) this is what I was quoted:

G23 with 550 hp - 117k (it was the demo boat) MSRP was 131k I think.
I honestly don't recall if that was with or without the trailer. The salesman indicated that even with less options and no trailer I was still not going to get below 100k...

Tige Z3 no trailer don't recall options - 90k best price

MC X30 no trailer and most all options except
No surf tabs - dont need em with this hull
Smaller control screen
No tower speakers. (Custom system)
price included a super saccer system to fill up all port storage with ballast
I even got the underwater lighting!
Price 89k MSRP was 114k

That made the X30 an easy choice, and my gosh what an amazing surf wave!!!
If the G23 had been 90k I would have bought it I think.. I would have had to redemo with proper (tons) of weight and see. The Tige never had a prayer at that price.

X30 gets delivered to my boat house this Saturday. Ill start a new thread and post up some pics soon!
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-02-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
My price includes the tandem axel trailer with low ride and very nice wheels. The boat has nearly every option. I did not take the Camera or table. I took the more expensive "Pocket Door Air Damn". My price 117K. If I were to delete the trailer I would be 111K. If I step down to the engine similiar to the MC standard and go with the 409HP and I am below 100K only slightly. The X-30 in a very good boat. A far superior tower too. I love that MC tower. I will miss that very much. My current 08 X-Star was unreal. Best boat ever. Switching to a G23 was not easy. Let's hope I am not dissapointed. Cheers to all!
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-02-2013, 11:15 AM Reply   
Your Nautique dealer must have REALLY wanted your business! For a fully loaded G23 with XR550, and a tandem trailer.... your dealer must be actually losing money on that deal. I priced almost the same boat, and its "MSRP" was over 150k with the trailer. Using a .80 multiplier to figure out the rough dealer cost, that boat should cost the dealer 120-122k+.

From what I have ever seen, with Nautiques, a .80 multiplier gives you a really good idea what the dealer cost is. A .85 multiplier would give you a pretty good idea of what you should pay with no trade, and good negotiating.

MasterCraft has a higher markup..... More like a .75 multiplier will give you dealer cost, and .80 is a good price for the boat.....Anything between those is a very good deal..... For instance, My XStar had an MSRP of 168k with a triaxle trailer, 7.4l Ilmore, Power Tower, and every other option except tower speakers and sat radio.( I transferred those from my last boat). Cost was just a touch under 130k....... $128,540 IIRC.

Looks like Davis had about the same multiplier on his.... That is what you should see from your MC dealer. Looks like your dealer had his head up his a$$, so I am glad you went with the G!!!

You got an INSANE deal on that boat, and you will love it!! Congrats!
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-02-2013, 9:30 PM Reply   
Wow. Well my guy is very agressive but I can assure you he is still making money. Not sure on the math but that is my price. MSRP was like 168K. I thought those MSRP's were a bunch of Malarkey. Any way I am 117K all in. So I guess I got a great price.
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-04-2013, 5:35 PM Reply   
Mastercraft X30. World Class

Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-04-2013, 5:55 PM Reply   
My wife is 6 months prego and still carving it up:

Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-04-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
holy cow that is a SWEET looking wave. My x30 is on the way and if I could get a wave like that I might ever leave the lake! And your wife rocks surfing at 6 months along.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-04-2013, 10:23 PM Reply   
Any photo rebuttals from the G23 crowd? Getting pretty silent here.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-05-2013, 12:16 AM Reply   
No rebuttals here. Very sik wake for sure. Once my G23 arrives I will be sure to post what it does. I am sure we will make waves equal to that of the X-30. At least I hope!!!!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 4:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holidayking View Post
No rebuttals here. Very sik wake for sure. Once my G23 arrives I will be sure to post what it does. I am sure we will make waves equal to that of the X-30. At least I hope!!!!
You ignored the evidence. Not one posted pic or vid of the G's surf wake. Your initial post said you wanted the boat with the best surf wake between the two and you clearly chose the one with the worst surf wake.

I'd try to get your deposit back.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-05-2013, 4:52 AM Reply   
I don't think your G is going to have a wave like that..... We spent several days, dialing in my friends G, and never had a wave that was that clean, and that big, at the same time. We were running stock plus 2900lbs.

With that said, the G still had a very nice surf wave. You won't be disappointed. It just won't be as epic as the X30. The wakeboard wake is a different story. That is where the G23 really shines!! It makes sense, considering that is what the G was designed for.....

Surf wake= X30>G23
Wakeboard Wake= G23>X30
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-05-2013, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
I don't think your G is going to have a wave like that..... We spent several days, dialing in my friends G, and never had a wave that was that clean, and that big, at the same time. We were running stock plus 2900lbs.

With that said, the G still had a very nice surf wave. You won't be disappointed. It just won't be as epic as the X30. The wakeboard wake is a different story. That is where the G23 really shines!! It makes sense, considering that is what the G was designed for.....

Surf wake= X30>G23
Wakeboard Wake= G23>X30
This is a good post. The G23 surf wake won't be as good as the 30. The 30 has the better of the surf wakes by quite a bit. The G23 wake board wake will be better, but only for about 4-5% of all wake boarders. Most people can do with the wake board wake on the 30, or even smaller. Most people aren't doing huge tricks on a wake board to need a gigantic wake. Everyone however can benefit from a huge long surf wake like the X30 produces.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
I actually feel bad for the OP. He didn't do anything wrong, just allowed a few people who didn't know what they were talking about to dictate his 115K purchase.

I would have thought most people with the career/talent and personal aptitudes to amass a net worth high enough to give them the ability to spend 100K-plus on a wakeboat also have the ability to thoroughly research their purchase decisions and be somewhat smart with their money.

It happens all the time on wakeworld, so I'd like to shout out to the connoisseurs out there who buy for real substance and not because some 23 year old crawled through and MXZ22 at a boat show and claims it has the most bow storage of any 21-23' boat.

Surfing Connoisseurs own:

Enzo (any)
X30
RZ2
Z3

Surfing Poseurs own:

G23/25
Malibu (any)

Wakeboarding Connoisseurs own:

Old XStar
G23
Old 210 (pre 2006)
X25
MB TWB 21/23
23LSV
SAN 230 (if you know how to dial it)
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       04-05-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
Not hating on the X30 at all and not saying the G23 is "better", just don't think (which the picture proves) that an X30 is that much longer of a wave, if longer AT ALL, than a G. Or bigger.
Attached Images

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       04-05-2013, 10:04 AM Reply   
I can say one thing for sure, Ryan's X30 pics show a very nice wave and clean! But no way that wave is longer than the picture of the G I just posted.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
To elaborate on wakeboarding:

Old Star 3K+ : gold standard for wakeboarding

G23: enough said, the Himalayas of water mountain makers

Old 210: the lip that will live in infamy

X25: best stock wake, period

MB TWB 21/23: about 1000 wakeworlders can't be wrong, can they?

23LSV: transition of champions

230: sensitive but sick pop
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
I can say one thing for sure, Ryan's X30 pics show a very nice wave and clean! But no way that wave is longer than the picture of the G I just posted.
Ryan's is taller, cleaner, and has a better lip, where yours is only slightly longer. I'd slow your G down .5 mph and get rid of some bow weight and see if you can't shorten it a bit and get some more height out of it. Knee-high is not world class.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-05-2013, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
+1MPH on the X30 would get that length, with less height, but still more height than in that pic.... The X30 wake does shorten up if you want that 4' wave and incredible lip. I got tons of respect for the G23, but its not an elite surf boat. its just not.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       04-05-2013, 10:36 AM Reply   
lol the wakeworld expert ^^ Do you guys ever consider that each surfer has there own preference, most boats including the G and X30 have components that can flatten out a wave or make it lippy? I hate to even get in one of these WW debauchles but keep in mind jetranger the G pics I posted are from "standing up in the boat" taking a pic shooting down. Those X30 pics were taken much lower near the water line obviously making the wave look bigger than it probably is. Photos can be decieving and also keep in mind the picture I posted is of a G23 that isn't even leaning on the starboard side (surf side). It appears to be riding completely level while the X30 appears to be riding heavily on the port side and loaded up. This picture was just to emphasize how long a G wave can be. Also curious where you think I implied "world class" towards any boat as I can't seem to find those words in my post at all. Judging by every post I've seen of yours jetranger, you're probably the last person I would take advice from on this site.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       04-05-2013, 10:37 AM Reply   
sorry Eric, you posted to quick lol, my worldworld expert comment was directed towards jetranger
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-05-2013, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
Ryan's is taller, cleaner, and has a better lip, where yours is only slightly longer. I'd slow your G down .5 mph and get rid of some bow weight and see if you can't shorten it a bit and get some more height out of it. Knee-high is not world class.
Correct on all counts. I can make an X25 or X30 wake WAY longer if we want to flatten it out a bit and we have done that just for fun. I can also say than even flattened out and long it's still got a great lip, lots of height and it's fun to surf on. When we post our pics we ride with the tabs all the way up so what you see is as short as we can make it and it's still very long. It only gets longer from what you see in our pics.

We don't take pics to make the wake look any bigger than it is. If I wanted to do that I would get down and take pics close to the platform. We are too lazy and don't care about how big the wake looks in pics so we take our pics sitting in the boat above the back deck. You see a lot of pics with the cameras at platform height to show riders getting more air than they really are and the wake appears bigger than it really is. We don't do that. But maybe we will now just for fun

Last edited by TheWoons; 04-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-05-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
sorry Eric, you posted to quick lol, my worldworld expert comment was directed towards jetranger
No prob, Dave.

For a second, I was like "I didn't say anything bad about the G wave". That would be ignorant..... I just think the X30 has the edge. Summer is just around the corner, and I will be playing around with my buddies who own each of these two boats.... I will have more time to evaluate. To be fair to the G23 owner, he got that boat in august, and we didn't have the whole summer to dial it in like we did with the X30. It will be an interesting summer.

I am lucky that a couple friends own these boats.... I don't think I will bother trying to sack the XStar. It would be pointless if I can just jump on with them for surfing.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-05-2013, 11:59 AM Reply   
Jet Ranger,

Now you have my attention.

Jet Ranger says "I would have thought most people with the career/talent and personal aptitudes to amass a net worth high enough to give them the ability to spend 100K-plus on a wakeboat also have the ability to thoroughly research their purchase decisions and be somewhat smart with their money."

Dude, I can afford this supperior boat because I am extremely diligent, highly intelligent and a savvy business person. Claerly my ability to manage and make money speaks for itself. I would never use this forum to gloat but you are the idiot who brought my character into this. Odd, as you have no idea who I am!
You clearly have no ability to communicate in a respectful manner which is a direct indication of your character. Why on earth would anyone value your opinion on any subject matter? You clearly are clouded by envy and cannot think clearly. Attacking my character just because I can afford a much better boat your beloved X-30! That is disgusting! Why do guys like you feel the need to be so bloody ignorant on these forums?

The G23 with NSS is the best stock surf boat out there. Add extra weight and the X-30 is not even in the same class. The X-30 makes a pretty surf wake, I have agreed to that. It is a great boat. The G23 will, however, be better for riding the surf. Not too mention it is way superior in fit and finish! As we say up North...GYSOTI! (Get Your Stick On the Ice!)
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Jet Ranger,

Now you have my attention.

Jet Ranger says "I would have thought most people with the career/talent and personal aptitudes to amass a net worth high enough to give them the ability to spend 100K-plus on a wakeboat also have the ability to thoroughly research their purchase decisions and be somewhat smart with their money."

Dude, I can afford this supperior boat because I am extremely diligent, highly intelligent and a savvy business person. Claerly my ability to manage and make money speaks for itself. I would never use this forum to gloat but you are the idiot who brought my character into this. Odd, as you have no idea who I am!
You clearly have no ability to communicate in a respectful manner which is a direct indication of your character. Why on earth would anyone value your opinion on any subject matter? You clearly are clouded by envy and cannot think clearly. Attacking my character just because I can afford a much better boat your beloved X-30! That is disgusting! Why do guys like you feel the need to be so bloody ignorant on these forums?

The G23 with NSS is the best stock surf boat out there. Add extra weight and the X-30 is not even in the same class. The X-30 makes a pretty surf wake, I have agreed to that. It is a great boat. The G23 will, however, be better for riding the surf. Not too mention it is way superior in fit and finish! As we say up North...GYSOTI! (Get Your Stick On the Ice!)
^^

You mad bro?

Your fire-from-the-hip tirade proves everything I said about you is true as you've clearly been put on the defensive.

Ipso facto

I won't comment on your "highly intelligent" comment, and I particularly won't point out the plethora of grammatical errors in your anger-filled rant; but, I'd like you to elaborate on a few things:

You said the G's fit and finish is "way better" than the X30's, please explain and please be specific, or, is this just you regurgitating what some dolt on here has told you?

You also said that by adding extra weight to the G23, the X30 will "not even be in the same class." Please explain what evidence you've used to arrive at that determination, and again please be specific.

I'd like to remind you that as of a couple weeks ago when you started this thread you were asking us which boat had a better surf wake. I can't wait to hear about all the empirical data you've compiled to arrive at that conclusion.

Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 12:54 PM Reply   
Wait wait wait, let me guess...

Your Nautique dealer told you all that!

And by the way, everyone knows the more you brag about your money, the less you have. I'm guessing you are financing for 20 years with 0 down.

You are ballin' out of control!
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       04-05-2013, 1:01 PM Reply   
First - anyone posting in this thread who has not surfed/owned or at least demoed the boats needs to keep their useless opinions to themselves.

Second- comparing "wave length" from posted pictures is idiotic. Sometimes a wave can look really long then you surf it and realize there is no push whatsoever once you move out of the very short sweet spot. The terms to use are pocket length, push, and maybe "hook", and you cannot tell those without riding the wave! For an interesting look at "hook" see ragboys post on the Z1. By his logic a shorter looking more hooked wave actually is more fun to ride and has a larger sweet spot with stronger push. I tend to agree!

Finally- the OP already purchased a G23.. Its time to say Grats! and lets see some dialed wave pics soon!
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-05-2013, 1:46 PM Reply   
I don't get the bashing - I bought an x-30 but have tons of respect for the G23 as well. Unless you've been out on BOTH, then everyone needs to comment only on what they've seen personally. I will be super happy if I can get a wave even close to what is posted above from the x30, and if the OP can get that or better from the G23 I'm thrilled for him as well. I don't think "not even in the same class" is probably accurate given what I've seen posted, but I've never even stepped foot in a g23 so I know better than to make any hard statements.

Enjoy the boat - you've earned it and I'm sure it will be a blast. I can't wait to get my X-30 and get my surf dialed in.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-05-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
Ok, Mr. Jet Ranger.... Grammar? Yes, my "ballin out of control" response to your brilliant well thought out post was typed on my iPhone by the pool in Maui. You got me there! You are much brighter and smarter than I thought after reading your last post. How unexpected. (LMAO). You drinking this early in Baltimore or what? At 25 years old you sure have a wealth of wisdom. We are thrilled to have your insightful posts on this forum. Thank you. (LMAO again!). Yes, my boat is financed to the hilt, as is my home in Canada, home in Phoenix, vehicles, businesses and current holiday here in Maui. In fact, I bought my G23 on my Visa at 22% interest! How on earth did you figure all that out? Hopefully this crappy G23 gets repossessed so that I don’t have to suffer all summer at my lake house in WA that is financed to the nuts too! LMAO still!

So what "empirical" data did I use??? Interesting you use the adjective "empirical" since you have no experimental or practical information yourself. I love that one. (LMAO again and again) I simply took everything the dealer said as gospel and completely disregarded your lame posts. Not too mention that banks are lining up to loan me more and more money so I thought I would borrow at a "ballin' out of control" rate! In other words I used no "Empirical" Data! Plus, you get what you pay for, correct? You are truly a class act and as we say in Canada...A real "Beauty!" (LMAO). Good on you!

G23 with NSS - The best surfboat ever built based on zero empirical data! If you can get the credit buy one today and you can ruin your summers too! (FYI - That was sarcasm in case JR could not read between the lines.)
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-05-2013, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Why do guys like you feel the need to be so bloody ignorant on these forums?

The G23 with NSS is the best stock surf boat out there. Add extra weight and the X-30 is not even in the same class. The X-30 makes a pretty surf wake, I have agreed to that. It is a great boat. The G23 will, however, be better for riding the surf. Not too mention it is way superior in fit and finish!
Jay, I realize you are fired up by jet ranger, but don't let that make you say the sort of things above.....

Doing things like- Calling members ignorant, and then making the above claim without any experience, is exactly the same reason that somebody like Jet has a bad rep here. And to state that the G23 is the best stock surf boat is a bit rediculous in itself..... Its a good surf boat, but it is not a top surf boat. It is a top wakeboard boat. It was what it was designed for, and what it kicks ass in....
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok, Mr. Jet Ranger.... Grammar? Yes, my "ballin out of control" response to your brilliant well thought out post was typed on my iPhone by the pool in Maui. You got me there! You are much brighter and smarter than I thought after reading your last post. How unexpected. (LMAO). You drinking this early in Baltimore or what? At 25 years old you sure have a wealth of wisdom. We are thrilled to have your insightful posts on this forum. Thank you. (LMAO again!). Yes, my boat is financed to the hilt, as is my home in Canada, home in Phoenix, vehicles, businesses and current holiday here in Maui. In fact, I bought my G23 on my Visa at 22% interest! How on earth did you figure all that out? Hopefully this crappy G23 gets repossessed so that I don’t have to suffer all summer at my lake house in WA that is financed to the nuts too! LMAO still!

So what "empirical" data did I use??? Interesting you use the adjective "empirical" since you have no experimental or practical information yourself. I love that one. (LMAO again and again) I simply took everything the dealer said as gospel and completely disregarded your lame posts. Not too mention that banks are lining up to loan me more and more money so I thought I would borrow at a "ballin' out of control" rate! In other words I used no "Empirical" Data! Plus, you get what you pay for, correct? You are truly a class act and as we say in Canada...A real "Beauty!" (LMAO). Good on you!

G23 with NSS - The best surfboat ever built based on zero empirical data! If you can get the credit buy one today and you can ruin your summers too! (FYI - That was sarcasm in case JR could not read between the lines.)
So you have not answered my questions yet and have just been owned by the poster before me.

But you compensate for all this by once again telling us how rich you are.

I for one am not impressed by your wealth. I am a medical student at one of the most prestigious medical schools in the world and every second student here is descended from old money; I'm talking real wealth that lasts generations. One of my good friends is attending the Masters next weekend (his dad is a member); another spent spring break on his family's yacht circling the Mediterranean. My point is not one of them is as endowed with self-importance as you are with your own sense of wealth, nor do they feel the need to leverage their intelligence by discussing this wealth.

So you have an 80K condo in AZ and paid 500 bucks round trip from Calgary for your Maui flights, so what?

The point I'm making is your asinine claims have no merit and your supposed wealth if real is of little consequence to the matter at hand. So while I sit here pondering medication routes and calcium-ion channels dreaming of summer you are sitting by a pool in Maui arguing with a stranger.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-05-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
Eric, I was being sarcastic at the end of the post. I have no experience on either boat and for that matter started this thread. I read and listened and chose the G23. I have never hacked on any boat or posters comments about what I asked. I shared a post last night about the good wake in the photo of the X-30 and Jet Ranger out right calls me an uniformed idiot for picking a G23. I take offence to that and rightly so. Mr. Med student should stick to his studies. For the sake of his future patients lets hope he is a better doctor than the type of character he has demonstrated on this forum! His comments speak for themselves. Not sure how someone of his character was admitted into a prestigious old school money education institution? Somehow I think his tall tales of his schooling are about as credible as his posts.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-05-2013, 4:01 PM Reply   
Here is Jet Ranger's opinion only a short time ago. Waffle much??

Quote:
G's are so sick, in a good way though, not like ill, but yes, ill, but ill as in so cool.

G's are ELITE. X30 is just another marginally OK boat in a class with 10 other average boats.

Last edited by Holidayking; 04-05-2013 at 4:05 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-05-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
Jay -- he's yanking your chain (quite expertly I might add).
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Here is Jet Ranger's opinion only a short time ago. Waffle much??
My waffling and opportunistic posts are not on trial here.

We are all trying to sift through your various defence mechanisms and awaiting (with abated breath I might add) your dissertation on what makes the G's fit and finish so much better than the X30's and what makes the G's surf wake the best? I'm sure all the Tige and Centurion guys are awaiting your explanation as well.

Again, please be specific.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-05-2013, 4:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Eric, I was being sarcastic at the end of the post. I have no experience on either boat and for that matter started this thread. I read and listened and chose the G23. I have never hacked on any boat or posters comments about what I asked. I shared a post last night about the good wake in the photo of the X-30 and Jet Ranger out right calls me an uniformed idiot for picking a G23. I take offence to that and rightly so. Mr. Med student should stick to his studies. For the sake of his future patients lets hope he is a better doctor than the type of character he has demonstrated on this forum! His comments speak for themselves. Not sure how someone of his character was admitted into a prestigious old school money education institution? Somehow I think his tall tales of his schooling are about as credible as his posts.
I got ya

I wondered about that after...... No matter, just be excited that you are getting one hell of an awesome boat!!! Jet is going to jab at you, because, well, that is what jet does.
Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-05-2013, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
My waffling and opportunistic posts are not on trial here.

We are all trying to sift through your various defence mechanisms and awaiting (with abated breath I might add) your dissertation on what makes the G's fit and finish so much better than the X30's and what makes the G's surf wake the best? I'm sure all the Tige and Centurion guys are awaiting your explanation as well.

Again, please be specific.
Hmmm, med routes, calcium-ion channels and defense mechanisms??? How about a virtual mental status exam to go with that
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-05-2013, 5:28 PM Reply   
168k less 30 % margin = 117,600. I've never seen or heard of anyone getting 30% off of a wake boat . And the dealer is still making money?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
168k less 30 % margin = 117,600. I've never seen or heard of anyone getting 30% off of a wake boat . And the dealer is still making money?
Another hole in his story. This man's credibility is taking on more water than Lon's X80!
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-05-2013, 8:10 PM Reply   
Wow Jet isn't it time for you to just let this screen name die and come back as something else? I know there was another thread where you were stirring the pot and people calling you TroyD.

Anyway Holiday don't let him get you down. I agree with you the G23 is hands down the best wakeboard boat out there right now! Seating, function, looks, wake, it had it all. And yes even surf wake! No need to tip your dang boat over to surf anymore! Don't worry MC fans, MC will come out with something in a year or two so your dont have to tip your boat over to surf and take 2days to switch from goofy to regular.

And sorry woons your pics are definitely taken with an angle so your wake looks bigger than it is. Wake is great dont get me wrong. Show is some video.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-05-2013, 8:36 PM Reply   
Actually in the video I posted above, there is someone riding over the wave from regular to goofy and the surf wave follows nicely, doesn't miss a beat. I don't think MC has to wait to do what you describe.....

Again I've not seen g23 surfing, so no idea if it's better or worse, but everyone needs to quit bashing what they don't know anything about.....
Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-05-2013, 10:34 PM Reply   
You know what...they both look like fun boats and you probably can't go wrong with either. I couldn't find videos from equivalent angles but both of these videos show people surfing and having fun...good enough for me.

G23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUX4OM2y0I

X30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6IATiKyAss
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-05-2013, 11:02 PM Reply   
So Jet Ranger and Robert are now questioning what I am paying for my G23? Really? Why on earth would I quote a lower price than I am actually paying? Maybe to bring down my future resale price? Yes, that makes sense! In your warped minds you think I am actually going to come on this forum and for no apparent reason or motive lie about how much I paid for a boat? This accusation is actually very weird to say the least and verifies what others think of you and your goofy opinions. I joined this forum to help make a decision on a boat. I decided to buy a G23 and I am thrilled with that decision. At this point I would not even consider changing my mind. For some reason Jet Ranger was supportive of the G23 and then he flipped. After flipping, out of the blue, he lashes out at my intelligence and integrity for buying the very boat he only days before was so high on. Good golly Dr. Jet Ranger, we all hope your medical advice is far better than your bogus input on this forum. You should drop that medical training and try flipping waffles at IHOP. You would fit right in there. Sounds like you have access to daddy's money anyway, maybe he will buy you a franchise.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 11:33 PM Reply   
^^^
You going to answer my questions or fall back again to one of your two known MO's: make waffle jokes or wow us with your wealth and business acumen?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-06-2013, 4:38 AM Reply   
Well the dealer may have inflated the "RETAIL" price?Not saying a salesman would ever tell a fib.Just a thought.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-06-2013, 4:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post
Actually in the video I posted above, there is someone riding over the wave from regular to goofy and the surf wave follows nicely, doesn't miss a beat. I don't think MC has to wait to do what you describe.....

Again I've not seen g23 surfing, so no idea if it's better or worse, but everyone needs to quit bashing what they don't know anything about.....
Hey man where is the surfer in that video? That's right there is none because MC trim tabs can't do that when loaded down to throw a surfable wake like a NSS or surfgate system can. There has been many a MC guys state that the trim tabs do not work like that. Do some research.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-06-2013, 5:13 AM Reply   
Good god... Is it warm out yet? That is all.
Old     (spong)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-06-2013, 5:14 AM Reply   
first world issues getting outta hand. Theres not 1 G23 or MC30 in my state, but were all having fun. If i had the money, and had either boat, i wouldnt be here having a sword fight??
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-06-2013, 6:25 AM Reply   
?? What are you talking about Ron?? Again I posted my link on page one, here it is again for you in care you are confused or have been drinking heavily:

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, go to about 4:50 or so. There you will see a person, riding a surfboard, heretofore known as "a surfer". You will see him ride over the peak of the wave and the wave follow him using just the MC system. So your "where's the surfer...that's right there is none" is just silly. I don't think I need "some research" I think you need to actually use your eyes more and mouth less

Now again I don't know if the G23 system is better, or if their wave is better, I wasn't interested in buying one personally for dealer reasons and cost. But this fanboy bashing of other brands is just a waste of time to those actually looking for info from people who've ridden both and know what they're talking about.

Last edited by pprior; 04-06-2013 at 6:27 AM.
Old     (supersteve)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-06-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
Wake surfing, what to say , what to say. For the last 10 years i have seen people ride around in thier 100,000 dollar boats, tubing , never taking the wakeboards out of thier racks. I guess all these people that quickly learned they couldnt even jump wake to wake, started doing this wake surfing. Six figure boat chugging around at 5 mph, all yo friends on one side of the boat, omg. Hook up 70 feet of rope, load the whole boat with bikinis, turn the music up, speed that 500 hp motor up to 23 mph, cut out on your WAKEBOARD and launch your ass into the air!! Stay gold.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-06-2013, 7:51 AM Reply   
Hehe. Trying to stoke the fire huh? When you need knee replacements and multiple ACL repairs by the time you are 50, you'll have to let me know how cool you are when you are sporting one of those electric scooters around town.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
The shape on that X30 (Woons, Vilands) looks fantastic, I gotta say. I still haven't seen any great pics or video of the G23 with a really great shape like that, and the lip not washed out. Not to say they are not out there, but haven't seen it yet. Even the ones with Tommy.

Of course, if you love the shape of your wake, no matter what I think, or what it looks like, it doesn't matter.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-06-2013, 9:38 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=pprior;1815393]?? What are you talking about Ron?? Again I posted my link on page one, here it is again for you in care you are confused or have been drinking heavily:

Sorry I was thinking the link you posted was a different one that showed a tiny surf wave with no rider but the wake switching back and forth a couple times. It was either posted here or teamtalk and even current x-25 an x-30 owners said that the tabs didn't allow the boat to be evenly weighted and function like that. I would agree in the couple sec clip it did appear that way and if that is the case then scratch that advantage off for the G!
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-06-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
For all the haters (Robert T, JR) who think one would have motive to lie about the price of a boat, here is the actual price of my G23 direct from my dealer. This is a cut and paste from my sales sheet. As you can see the discount from quoted MSRP is 27.8%. I had equipped a MC X-30 Similar with a 6.2L engine and the discounted price was 107K. Upgrade the engine on the X-30 to compete with the 550HP herein and the price is within a couple thousand. (This G23 price is slightly different than what I quoted earlier as I added the 550HP engine and deleted the Triple Axel trailer and camera. This change was made thanks to the contributors on this site who are actually helpful!)

Base Price $120,674.00
OPTIONS
Main Stripe (Jet Black Metal Flake (upcharge)) upcharge $1,112.00
Hull Bottom Color (Victory Red (upcharge)) upcharge $1,057.00
ZR 450 HP Catanium CES by PCM (EPA Compliant; Carb Pending - Expected 7/1/11) $4,500.00
Bimini - Tower Mounted $3,125.00
Tower Speakers - 2 Pair of Horn Driver (Requires Tower Speaker Prep Kit) $4,344.00
Transom Mounted Stereo Remote Control with Display $407.00
Tower Speaker Prep Kit with Pre-Wired 4000.4 Polk Audio Digital Amplifier $1,266.00
Nautique Surf System with Waveplate (Requires Team Edition) $2,900.00
Premium Oversized Mirror with Extension $302.00
Battery Maintenance System (Integrated Charger) - Dual Battery $371.00
Heater with Defroster $702.00
Heated Drivers Seat $319.00
Cover - Towable/Mooring $1,180.00
Walk-Thru Air-Dam (Pocket Door) $1,143.00
Lights - Underwater (Requires Team Edition) $760.00
Stern Seat - Reversible $2,313.00
Bow Filler Cushion $550.00
Sunpad Filler Cushion $659.00
Ladder - Platform Access $284.00
Design Package $2,900.00
Includes: Upgraded Winshield w/Vents and White Accesnts on the Windshield, Tower
and Tower Accessories
Tire Levy $20.00
Doc Fee $299.00
XR 550hp upgrade from ZR 450hp $4,483.00
Boatmate Tandem Axle trailer w/18" black wheels $8,500.00
price includes upgraded logo snap carpet

Boat and Options $164,170.00
Discount ($45,658.00)

Net Selling Price $118,512.00
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-06-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Their upcharges for engine upgrades are way more reasonable than MC. And you got a -great- deal. Superb boat - when do you get it.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-06-2013, 10:22 AM Reply   
Could HolidayKing be MHunter incognito?

He displays many of the same characteristics. What a juicy mystery.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-06-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
PPrior - Boat is to build May 2. Should be here in late May. I will plum some additional weight in the back. As soon as it arrives I hope to get some pictures to post. We are MC fans (love our 08 X-star) but we really do like this new G23! A friend if mine bought this G23 boat last year and loved it. It did not have NSS. He ordered a 2013 with NSS which arrived last week. We still have ice on our lakes though.

(JR - aka "Dr. Flipper" - LMAO at your witty posts)
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-06-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
^

Bravia,

You are done making outlandish claims and attacking my impeccable credibility, leaving me no other recourse but to leave you alone.

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson about life and social Darwinism; that is: no matter how big a fish you think you are up in Canada, there is always a younger, smarter, and richer fish in the sea.

I'll let you off the hook on those two questions as your submission has sated me.

Enjoy your new boat.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-06-2013, 12:13 PM Reply   
Dr. Flipper,

I rest my case...Your posts identify your character. You are letting me off the hook? Why thank you, how very kind. Let us not forget who started this mess. In case you missed it, it was Dr. Flipper himself. (aka... Jet Ranger the med student)

Quote:
I actually feel bad for the OP. He didn't do anything wrong, just allowed a few people who didn't know what they were talking about to dictate his 115K purchase.

I would have thought most people with the career/talent and personal aptitudes to amass a net worth high enough to give them the ability to spend 100K-plus on a wakeboat also have the ability to thoroughly research their purchase decisions and be somewhat smart with their money.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-06-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
To elaborate on wakeboarding:

Old Star 3K+ : gold standard for wakeboarding

G23: enough said, the Himalayas of water mountain makers

Old 210: the lip that will live in infamy

X25: best stock wake, period

MB TWB 21/23: about 1000 wakeworlders can't be wrong, can they?

23LSV: transition of champions

230: sensitive but sick pop
Any photos of you on said wakes?
Could you throw up some surfing videos too?
Should the term 'Poseurs' be applied?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-06-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
Any photos of you on said wakes?
Could you throw up some surfing videos too?
Should the term 'Poseurs' be applied?
The facts are the facts my friend. Which of my statements are you contesting?

I'm all up for a new debate partner, HoldiayKing turned into a apologetic dud. Wizard Lake Marine spoon fed him the drivel and he sucked it up with relish then licked the bowl.

Please tell me about your wake pedigree, are you rich too?
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-06-2013, 2:12 PM Reply   
I dont do the digital tough guy stuff. I was just curious in your water sports talent you seem to posses. I can tell that you went "pro" years ago as a forum jackal, so I have zero intentions of getting into a typey type type pissing match.

I had such high expectations for this thread:
1) I was waiting for it to turn MB
2) The triumphant return of sompeteguy/Cipher for some ownage on some fools ha ha

Dont take this wrong way Jet. I don't think I can bare witnessing another entanglement of who has more money, or who went to phlebotomy school, or whatever was going on in your posts above.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-06-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
I dont do the digital tough guy stuff. I was just curious in your water sports talent you seem to posses. I can tell that you went "pro" years ago as a forum jackal, so I have zero intentions of getting into a typey type type pissing match.

I had such high expectations for this thread:
1) I was waiting for it to turn MB
2) The triumphant return of sompeteguy/Cipher for some ownage on some fools ha ha

Dont take this wrong way Jet. I don't think I can bare witnessing another entanglement of who has more money, or who went to phlebotomy school, or whatever was going on in your posts above.
Fair enough. For the record the way the G's look and with Mastercraft's new "hips" I think MB's are some of the better looking boats these days, especially now that they have better towers.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-06-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
For all the haters (Robert T, JR) who think one would have motive to lie about the price of a boat, here is the actual price of my G23 direct from my dealer. This is a cut and paste from my sales sheet. As you can see the discount from quoted MSRP is 27.8%. I had equipped a MC X-30 Similar with a 6.2L engine and the discounted price was 107K. Upgrade the engine on the X-30 to compete with the 550HP herein and the price is within a couple thousand. (This G23 price is slightly different than what I quoted earlier as I added the 550HP engine and deleted the Triple Axel trailer and camera. This change was made thanks to the contributors on this site who are actually helpful!)

Base Price $120,674.00
OPTIONS
Main Stripe (Jet Black Metal Flake (upcharge)) upcharge $1,112.00
Hull Bottom Color (Victory Red (upcharge)) upcharge $1,057.00
ZR 450 HP Catanium CES by PCM (EPA Compliant; Carb Pending - Expected 7/1/11) $4,500.00
Bimini - Tower Mounted $3,125.00
Tower Speakers - 2 Pair of Horn Driver (Requires Tower Speaker Prep Kit) $4,344.00
Transom Mounted Stereo Remote Control with Display $407.00
Tower Speaker Prep Kit with Pre-Wired 4000.4 Polk Audio Digital Amplifier $1,266.00
Nautique Surf System with Waveplate (Requires Team Edition) $2,900.00
Premium Oversized Mirror with Extension $302.00
Battery Maintenance System (Integrated Charger) - Dual Battery $371.00
Heater with Defroster $702.00
Heated Drivers Seat $319.00
Cover - Towable/Mooring $1,180.00
Walk-Thru Air-Dam (Pocket Door) $1,143.00
Lights - Underwater (Requires Team Edition) $760.00
Stern Seat - Reversible $2,313.00
Bow Filler Cushion $550.00
Sunpad Filler Cushion $659.00
Ladder - Platform Access $284.00
Design Package $2,900.00
Includes: Upgraded Winshield w/Vents and White Accesnts on the Windshield, Tower
and Tower Accessories
Tire Levy $20.00
Doc Fee $299.00
XR 550hp upgrade from ZR 450hp $4,483.00
Boatmate Tandem Axle trailer w/18" black wheels $8,500.00
price includes upgraded logo snap carpet

Boat and Options $164,170.00
Discount ($45,658.00)

Net Selling Price $118,512.00
How can i be a hater? I used your statements to form a question and raise some doubt as to the accuracy of your figures.You just proved my doubts by displaying the "REAL" figures.The only other statement i made was "WORLD CLASS" was a matter of opinion.I highly doubt any boat will make a "WORLD CLASS" with stock ballast and whatever wake enhancement attachment or component they have.Now tell me again why i'm a hater? I have previously owned a Nautique for over 15 years of trouble free service and i loved it.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-06-2013, 7:50 PM Reply   
Robert,

Great to hear the Natique was a gem. Looking forward to owning one. Yes, the figures may have been off slightly as I changed the options so much and have like 6 build sheets. My original build was MSRP at like 176K with a 126K price tag. It changed a few times with the help of many on this forum! Ron Nordicon suggested the XR 550 versus the XS 550. That was a major help and huge savings! That tip alone made this forum highly worthwhile! Thanks Ron!!! Sorry for putting you in the hater category. My bad. Cheers!

Last edited by Holidayking; 04-06-2013 at 8:00 PM. Reason: Update
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-08-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
PPrior - Boat is to build May 2. Should be here in late May. I will plum some additional weight in the back. As soon as it arrives I hope to get some pictures to post. We are MC fans (love our 08 X-star) but we really do like this new G23! A friend if mine bought this G23 boat last year and loved it. It did not have NSS. He ordered a 2013 with NSS which arrived last week. We still have ice on our lakes though.

(JR - aka "Dr. Flipper" - LMAO at your witty posts)
Jay, congrats on the boat! I'm not afraid to admit I'm a little jealous. Do you normally go to Sylvan or Gull? We've got a place at the north end of Gull. The lake is shallow but it's always quiet which is good for us boarders.

I know I'm new to the forum (first post) but I figured I'd chime in on what I've seen for price. Wizard Lake had a G23 at the Calgary boat show for around $115K. I can''t tell you exact options but it seemed pretty well loaded and I'm sure they were making pretty good money even with "boat show" pricing.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       04-08-2013, 5:55 PM Reply   
New X-30 this weekend!

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797598
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-08-2013, 6:01 PM Reply   
YYC,

We mostly boat on Lake Osoyoos in BC/WA. We have a cottage on Lake Osoyoos and we spend most of July and August there. I will be taking the G23 on Sylvan as soon as I get it though. The guys at Wizard Lake are very good and they have fair pricing. They also have a dealership in Kelowna, which is only 2hrs from my cottage. This is crucial in case I need service. Their BC facility was a major factor in my decision to buy from them. Welcome to the forum. I am new as well and chimed in to get some advice from the experts. It has been helpful.
Old     (jbkriss)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-09-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
I've spent a lot of time going through this thread and the thing that made the most indelible impression upon me was the phrase "financed to the nuts." With Holiday's permission, I'd like to use that next time a disagreement involving money comes up with my wife.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-09-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
I've spent a lot of time going through this thread and the thing that made the most indelible impression upon me was the phrase "financed to the nuts." With Holiday's permission, I'd like to use that next time a disagreement involving money comes up with my wife.
Parts of this thread were highly informative... Other parts were quite a waste of everyone's time but I had some fun jousting with Dr. Flipper. In any event "Financed to the nuts" is free and clear for all to use. (excuse the pun, "Free and Clear").
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-09-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
YYC,

We mostly boat on Lake Osoyoos in BC/WA. We have a cottage on Lake Osoyoos and we spend most of July and August there. I will be taking the G23 on Sylvan as soon as I get it though. The guys at Wizard Lake are very good and they have fair pricing. They also have a dealership in Kelowna, which is only 2hrs from my cottage. This is crucial in case I need service. Their BC facility was a major factor in my decision to buy from them. Welcome to the forum. I am new as well and chimed in to get some advice from the experts. It has been helpful.
AB lakes don't compare to BC. We'd would have bought something on the Shuswap but unfortunately it's a 6 hour drive and I still have to work Monday-Friday.