Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-21-2013, 6:19 AM Reply   
has to be hands down the nicest person in this sport. Met him yesterday at the Nautique demo day thing. You could tell he really cares about this sport and was super helpful with tips and helping people get up who had never gotten up. We kept breaking our buddies stones about how he got to learn how to get up on a wakeboard from Shawn.
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 6:24 AM Reply   
I take your Shawn and raise you Shaun Murray! I dont think i have ever met anyone in the sport that wast a stand up nice guy! I think that is why we all enjoy the sport so much!
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-21-2013, 4:00 PM Reply   
Both of them are amazing people, ive met them both. DeeCee I met you yesterday on the first ride on the G23 you did. I'm Jimmy.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-22-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
yeah - most of the pros I've met in this sport have been cool people.. going all the way back to Shannon Best, Byerly, Gator, etc

The first time I met Shannon I was riding a brand new LF Best Board and ran into him at the rixen in Deerfield.. he starts giving me crap about having such an ugly-ass wakeboard.. then I realize he's got the same board and it's him. He was funny as hell, really good dude.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-22-2013, 3:36 PM Reply   
Ahhhhh. What's up Jimmy! Would love to come out and take a set behind that beautiful G23 of yours and you are always welcome to come out on my boat as well. Will shoot you a PM next time we go out.
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       04-22-2013, 4:21 PM Reply   
+1 for Shaun Murray!!
Old     (MDW2)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-23-2013, 9:09 AM Reply   
Its all about a great atmosphere on the boat (good vibes), and Watson and Emily Copeland Durham did a great job on Saturday. They made everyone feel very comfortable whether you were learning to get up or getting some practice for WakeGames. Our sport needs more riders like this. How about that guy on the sea doo: upside down backwards visor, CHECK; what an idiot.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
Yes sorry. Forgot to mention that Emily was awesome as well and is as personable as they come. They are both the kind of people this sport needs. It takes a lot of patience to do what they do on these demo days!