Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-04-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
Bull Shoals Lake Arkansas? Does anyone know if this is true? If so, the lake is just sick! One of the best places to ride in North America.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-04-2010, 9:37 PM Reply   
I have heard some rumors it was coming to AR but don't know for sure....Bull Shoals would be a sick location tho if thats what's chosen!!
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-04-2010, 10:06 PM Reply   
I found this in a quick google http://www.merchantcircle.com/blogs/...rnament/515512
Man I hope they get it, never been to Bull Shoals but have been to neighboring Table Rock Lake and place is unreal!!!
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-04-2010, 10:18 PM Reply   
ugh that sucks for us in cali!!! I was lookin forward to makin a trip out to arizona this year for it and they just so happen to move it halfway across the country! Im so bummed!!!
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-05-2010, 12:55 AM Reply   
Ahhh man. I was looking forward to another great Lake Powell trip. Arkansas is a little too far from Utah.

Sounds like it's a great lake though...
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-05-2010, 1:39 AM Reply   
That's great for us that are close to AR. Powell was always too far for me. But Arkansas is much closer.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       03-05-2010, 5:35 AM Reply   
After all the backlash from the Powell Bro-stock over the last couple of years, I wonder if the event is still welcome there?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-05-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
If I remember correctly, when Watson was on Stokemeter a couple months ago he said they werent doing it at Powell this year. Too many shenanigans went down.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-05-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
From Shawn Watson on Facebook:

Shawn Watson Just got the word from Liquid Force.. Bro Stock is being held at Bull Shoals in Arkansas this year July 9-11. Should be a good time!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-05-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Its Bulls Shoals
Old     (adrien)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-05-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
Join the Lake Powell Wakeboarding group and help us plan a grass roots event to take the place of Bro Stock!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-05-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
FINALLY. Something big coming to Arkansas, I understand the West Coast people are mad, but it's new for Arkansas to finally have something nice.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-06-2010, 12:01 AM Reply   
seems to me like the National Parks Service ran brostock out. Dave Williams was not even allowed to post pics of the event with out a permit.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-06-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what part of the lake the event will be held? I was looking at the map and lodging locations, but I would rather pick one on the right side of the lake.
Old     (wakelab)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-06-2010, 9:56 PM Reply   
Thanks alot Shaun Murray! LOL! (congrats on daughter #2) Powell has always been THE sickest place to ride in the US to me, but glad to see them mix it up & give the Eastsiders a break on travel time. According to Shaun & the insane footy we've all seen, I'm sure it'll be Epic!!
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-10-2010, 4:32 AM Reply   
I've always wanted to go to brostock it's always been just too far away. Bull Shoals is an 8 or 9 hour drive away which I can do. If any body hears exactly where on the lake they're setting up please post the info up.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-10-2010, 10:39 AM Reply   
Guys, keep in mind that Bull Shoals is not a lock for Brostock just yet. They don't have permits and I know they were looking at other spots as well, so don't go making your travel plans just yet. When LF makes the announcement, you'll know they have permits and it is definitely happening.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-20-2010, 5:55 AM Reply   
Just wanted to keep this thread fresh for anyone who might hear of any new news.
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
i call the bull shoals boat dock and asked and they said it wasnt a for sure thing yet and to call next week and ask for someone. so i will follow up on that this week
Old     (bslbd)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2010, 6:21 PM Reply   
Newest update from Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock!
Hey there we are still waiting on the pending permit that has been moved to Little Rock, Arkansas for further evaluation. We are waiting with excitment. Feel free to call us at Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock 870-445-4424 for any questions or concerns. Keep your fingers crossed!

thank you,

Kevin Eastwold
Old     (texasmoombav)      Join Date: May 2009       04-16-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
any update? I could of sworn that Dave posted on here yesterday saying it was for sure and not its not here.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-16-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
I saw Dave's post too, and you're right, now it's not here. Does that mean it's not a sure thing?
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-16-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
didnt the same thing happen to Boardstock in Shasta (getting run out by the park service)?
Old     (texasmoombav)      Join Date: May 2009       04-16-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
I called the number posted above, and they said they have not heard anything yet. They said they will post when they hear. So the wait continues..
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-16-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
I guess all these guys don't want a bunch of money in this down economy we have.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-20-2010, 4:10 AM Reply   
Sounded like an answer was expected late last week. I wonder what the hold up is? The longer it takes the less prep time it allows for organizing anything.
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-20-2010, 6:38 AM Reply   
This is just me, but I don't see how the marinas on Bull Shoals would have enough room for everybody considering the late notice and the fact that it is the week of the 4th of July. Myself and some friends are actually going down there from July 3rd through the 10th and we had a VERY HARD time finding a place to stay on the lake and we booked our vacation months ago. I can only imagine things are pretty booked up that week/weekend considering the time of year.
Old     (dmiller)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-20-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
All of you keep your fingers crossed we are supppose to know tomorrow if Brostock will be held here at Bull Shoals. We have A LOT of availablitly in our local resorts. After it is releases we will be taking reservations. BSLBD 870-445-4424. Hang in there guys.
Old     (supra22v)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-20-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
Yo watersun, the dates are actually July 9-11th, the 4th would be crazy anywhere in the US. I hooked up a res on a houseboat back when Watson let the rumor slip, either way, our crew is headin' to the shoal, regardless of whether or not they get the final permits for brostock, the riding there is killer and lets face it, in a brostock situation, it's more about the party than the riding...I just want to ride. Cool, you'll be there the whole week, maybe we'll see ya, we'll be rollin' in a red and black Supra22V with a crazy custom tower. Either way there's still going to be a party at the Shoal that weekdend, permits or not,we'll have our own little BullStock!
Attached Images

Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-21-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Ya, I know its the 9-11, I was just saying that I figured if people were going for the 4th of July week, it would probably run into that following weekend. Anyways, nice looking boat and color scheme! We'll be out there in my black and red Super Air Nautique 210. Say hey if you see us!
Attached Images

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-21-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
With BS being in AR, is it a dry lake like Beaver?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-21-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Anybody heard any final word yet? I called and they said it was moving foward, idk if that means it's confirmed or not.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-21-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr82 View Post
Anybody heard any final word yet? I called and they said it was moving foward, idk if that means it's confirmed or not.
Usually that is business code for yes its on
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-21-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Wasn't there like a brostock carpool thread or something. I can't find it. Anybody from DFW going?
Old     (dmiller)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-21-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
Hey there from Bull Shoals Yes it is a wet county. We are suppose to know today yay or nay. They are going to publicly announce it!!!!!!
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-21-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
The eastern half of the lake (Marion County, AR) became wet in 2007. The western half (Boone County, AR, or Lead Hill/Diamond City and west from there) is still dry. The lake snakes in and out of Missouri in the western half. So, about a quarter of the lake is dry. Now, what that means if checked in the dry quarter, I don't know.

Last edited by john211; 04-21-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: misspell
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-21-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
It's on Bull Shoals boat dock called me and said the permit went through. It's official.
Old     (carsonco)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra22v View Post
Yo watersun, the dates are actually July 9-11th, the 4th would be crazy anywhere in the US. I hooked up a res on a houseboat back when Watson let the rumor slip, either way, our crew is headin' to the shoal, regardless of whether or not they get the final permits for brostock, the riding there is killer and lets face it, in a brostock situation, it's more about the party than the riding...I just want to ride. Cool, you'll be there the whole week, maybe we'll see ya, we'll be rollin' in a red and black Supra22V with a crazy custom tower. Either way there's still going to be a party at the Shoal that weekdend, permits or not,we'll have our own little BullStock!
Dam look at that Sexy 22! Stoked for the Bull for sure. Looks like Watson wasn't just playin a sick joke on us after all. Gunna be a killer time glad we shot from the hip on this one and got the Res a few months ago!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-21-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
So does anyone know where on the lake brostock will take place?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-22-2010, 4:40 AM Reply   
Cabin booked. It's time to do work.
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       04-22-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
hell yeah bulls shoals is such a bomb lake and i might be able to attend this year.
Old     (blaine4oh5)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-22-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
yes!!!! im so pumped.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-22-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
It was just 100% confirmed through phillip soven himself on stockemeter.com live interview!
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-22-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
God theres gonna be alot of black and red then..... Ill be there in my Bu
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-22-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
liquid force website just has dates no location
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-22-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
Bret-
Where did you book your cabin? I'm looking for a cabin as close as possible to the action.

+ another for red and black..x-star 40th
Old     (dmiller)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-22-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
Update from Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock.. The location will be in Little Sister Creek on Bull Shoals Lake. Its core owned so there are no houses with in 150 feet of the shoreline. Lighthouse Point, Dogwood Lodge, Rocky Hollow Resort, the Brass Door and Bel Arco resort, in the town of Bull Shoals will put you right in the Heart of all the Action.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-23-2010, 4:08 AM Reply   
I did the lighthouse, from the number BSLBD 870-445-4424

Last edited by bmr82; 04-23-2010 at 4:11 AM.
Old     (dmiller)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-23-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
http://bullshoalslakeboatdock.webs.com/
i found this website has a list of resorts in bull shoals!!!!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-23-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
I think we're doing the lighthouse as well.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       04-23-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
Bull Shoals lake is off the hook and just 12 miles away from "BS", is Lake Norfork which is also a great place to ride.
If you can't find a hotel there are alot of camp sites around the area for 5th wheel trailers and other types of campers/tents etc.
The Wakeboard Geezer will be down there with his posse and 5th wheel for the event.
All you I.A.G. ( 'Intergalactic Aquatic Geezers") should gear up if you can for the event.
Hope to see you there.
Attached Images

Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
So stoked on this. I'll get a raft and a tent, let's do this.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       04-23-2010, 4:56 PM Reply   
Calling all I.A.G team riders, lets roll to BroStock!!!!
Do we need a "Road Trip" to Bull Shoals???

The Road "Trip"

On the side of the road, hav’n a little nip
When Big John came along for a short road trip
Says Hey I know a dude that rides like a mug
Just jump in the rig and bring your jug

Don’t worry bout the boat or boards ole son
Cause we got all we need to have some fun
On a butter pond, it’s a private lake
With a Real Big time boat to make the wake

We met a muscled up blond haired sun tanned boy
Wearing cool shades and board shorts of corduroy
Smooth and quiet and a little old school
You must be the Geezer,.. I’m Brother Guru2

I choked on the lightning when I shook his hand
Cause he’s a pioneer Baby! the best in the land
He can surf, wake and ride the ramp
Hell Geezer, he’s a four time National Champ!

I be thinking, oh dang, what am I gonna do
when Guru’s done riding and John is through
All I gots is a weak heelside Wake
some surface tricks and red bobber to break

When they aint looking I’ll kick my toe
I’ll squeal real loud, “I‘m hurt bad you know"
I was gonna throw a ShreddyBoomBoonanar guys
Somethin you aint never seen it would have dazzled your eyes

Aint no sweat Geezer, we’ll just wrap it up
Now you do that Shreddy an show us what up
I can’t wait to see it, John said with a smile
You go on with your bad self, cause,.. we gonna be here awhile

Let me call some folk Geezer, they’ll want to see this
So Guru pulled out his cell and started calling the list
Yo Randy, Joe and Overstreet come over here man this is gonna be sweet
Hey, Eagle, Web, Gerald, and Mahoney, come see this here it aint no baloney

We need, Steve, Chuck, Deacy and Frank
its gonna be cool to see this prank
Dan, Andy, mrice, come on Chris, not many more to call that’s on this list
Just, Gene, Scott, Doug and Dave, take pictures man it’ll be all the rave

Tony, Paul, Tom, J2, get over here man Guru’s calling you!
Vision, Jules and Razz the Man, get over here gang as fast as you can!
Dennis, Rik, BJ Cail, this will be smooth if the trick he can nail!
will5150, Carlson and Star, we bout to see a ShreddyBoomBoonanar!

Robot, Axell, Knee Brace Boy, we got all the old timers lets shout for joy!
Owen, Sander, AL D, Kyle and Gene, it’ll be the coolest thing we ever seen!
Pete, Alex, Craig and Jeremy, calling all Geezers of the A. I. G.

Cause having a blast at BroStock is our goal
Rippin it up down at Bull Shoal

OOPS,….

Mason, Kevin and old Shredhead, Geezer just tried a Shreddy and we think he’s dead!

Clammy with sweat pouring done my cheek
I awake from a dream and a deep blue sleep
I here the phone ringing, Brenda says it’s for you
Its some dudes named John and Guru2!

Hope to see you all at Bull Shoals!!!
All the Best to you!
AKA The Wakeboard Geezer
Attached Images

Old     (rockyhollowlodge)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-24-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller View Post
http://bullshoalslakeboatdock.webs.com/
i found this website has a list of resorts in bull shoals!!!!
Here is another link to a long list of resorts in the area of Brostock 2010, http://bullshoalslake.webs.com/apps/links/

Welcome Brostock, we're a small town but we have great water and great hospitality.
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-24-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
i just call Bull Shoals Boat Dock at 4:30pm on 4/23/2010 and they said that it was going to be there and I asked them when they found out and they just found out Wedenesday the 21st. Im 2hrs from Lake Norfork and bout 2.5 from Bull Shoals. Im stoked. See yall there.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-25-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
I know brostock has the doubleup contest but is anyone out there familiar with a daily schedule for the event?
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-06-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
im sure once it gets closer someone will have a schedule out there
Old     (wakeboardkid)      Join Date: May 2010       05-20-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
so ya i'm pretty excited to see how crazy it gets out here.. I hope i get to hang out with each and every one of you but seriously... the lake is beautiful, everyone be prepared to have a most fantastic time..

-Flip

Last edited by wakeboardkid; 05-20-2010 at 3:19 PM.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-21-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
Hey AR guys, whats the closest airport to fly into? I keep telling myself that i will make it every year, and every year i miss out. I am hoping to get a group from the DC area to head out this year.
Old     (rockyhollowlodge)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-14-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Hey Joe,

Airport preference depends on who you ask. Springfield is farther away but takes less time due to straighter roads, about 2 hr 45 min, and SPFX tends to be more expensive to fly in to than Little Rock. LRX is 3 hrs, I-40 to hsy 65 north. That's the way everyone I know goes when flying out of state.

When you leave the airport, you'll head north on 440 towards downtown LR, cross the Arkansas River to take Hwy 40 west and go all the way to Conway, then hit Hwy 65 north, which is a long stretch that takes you towards Harrison and on to Branson Missouri. The fastest route 65 to 27 to 14 to 178. This route takes you over the Buffalo River and straight north to Bull Shoals Lake.

So from Hwy 65, when you get to Marshall, you'll want to go east on 27 about 12 miles through Lone Pine to Harriet, a wide spot in the road with a small grocermart. Be sure to stay left onto hwy 14. Head north on Hwy 14 where you cross over the Buffalo River and wind your way up and down through the Ozark National Forest.

The drive from Marshall to Yellville is tough going down the Buffalo River grade, especially at night with some hairpin switchbacks that should taken seriously. Coming in at night is seriously harder if you aren't familiar with the road. You'll think you have landed in the middle of nowhere with no end to the turns. Stay on 14 to Yellville, catch 62 / 412 to Flippin, about ten miles, then at Flippin head east on Hwy 178. You have to watch close for the 178 turn off of 62 / 412. In Flippin you'll pass Walmart on your left, last chance for big store items. Keep going to a intersection that is clearly marked Hwy 178 to Bull Shoals, Bull SHoals Lake, Bull Shoals Dam. Cross the railroad tracks and your on Hwy 178, and just a few miles from the lake.

When you enter Bull Shoals from the Flippen, its only seven miles to BS from there. Its windy but there are passing lanes in three areas. When you enter Bull Shoals you'll see the Ozark Tower on top of Bull Mountain, your landmark from all over the lake for directions back to the Marina.

The Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock is in the middle of town on your left, where a nice overlook gives you a view of the marina. Go two more miles on 178 to see the grocer mart, gas, banks, restaurants, liquor store, the state park and campground is the last left before you cross the dam and leave BS for Lakeview, Midway, Howard Creek, Promise Land and Mountain Home area. Cross the Dam for more camping on the White River, but turn right immediatly after crossing the dam to see Gaston's Resort and Restaurant as well as many other resorts on the White River, less than 10 miles from the Marina in Bull Shoals. Lots of camping avialable. Rivercliff Golf Club has opened up some of its land for camping as well.

See this link if you would like a google map with a locator pin to Bull Shoals. http://www.rockyhollowlodge.com/Directions.html

Please wait till you get to your hotel, campground or resort before dipping into spirits and libations. We want all of you come enjoy a great event at a great location and go home safe and sound. We want you to come to Arkansas on vacation, and don't want you to leave on probation. Unannounced check points are common on all routes in and out of the Twin Lakes region, a mecca for vacationers in the midwest where boaters and drivers are watched closely, for everyones safety.

Travel safely everybody and welcome to Bull Shoals
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-14-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
What about the Branson airport (BKG)? Is see that fares from Orlando are a lot cheaper if you go into BKG rather than Springfield.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-14-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
Bull Mountain!?!? The fact that there is Bull Mountain makes me want to come. Don't go changin'!
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-14-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
haha a-dub. i've been going up there for years and never made that connection...classic
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-23-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
so.....anyone going to this event? I haven't seen much talk about it. I hope it's a big turnout!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-23-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
Raley - is that an IL on the side of the boat? Where are you located?

A-dub - "king of the mountain, king of the mountain, mountain, mountain..." "Papa Muntz style"
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
If only there could be a wakeboarding equivalent to Out Cold. One of the best ever
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-24-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Raley, are you bringing your kids?
Old     (bslbd)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-29-2010, 10:38 PM Reply   
Had a 60ft houseboat has canceled for brostock!!! If anyone is interested let me know!!! 8704454424
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-29-2010, 11:22 PM Reply   
My buddy Bret and I are going to be there... Can't wait, should be a good time!
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-05-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Does Arkansas require the rider down orange flag deal?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-06-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
nope, no need for an orange flag in AR!
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
We start our road trip from Texas today.....if Blake ever gets off work. Been looking forward to this for a while now.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-08-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
I still haven't packed... But I'm ready to go! I think boardshorts, gear, coolers and a little $ is all I need.