Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (frenchy30)      Join Date: May 2006       08-23-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
I currently have 2001 X-star with stock ballast but want to add additional ballast next to hard tanks in rear that fill via switches already present. So...what's the easiest/best/cheapest way to do that? I already have skylon fat buddies (~280# each) that I fill by hand with pump over the side of the boat.

Take out hard tanks and just put in big fat sacs?

'y-in' fat sac next to hard tanks?(preferred option)

For those that respond, I'm looking for specifics. I'm handy enough to do the work but not smart enough figure out how to set up hoses/pumps/etc.

Thanks.
Old     (frenchy30)      Join Date: May 2006       08-24-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
Nobody wants to help the stupid, know-nothing-about-ballast wakeboarder?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-24-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
there was a huge thread abotu 2 months ago on some guys doing the same thing on an 06 x-2...use bags on top of hte tanks and just T into the tanks....it was fairly easy.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-24-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
Well if you have an '01 it's probably mayfair areators vs reversible pumps. I pulled my hard tanks and put the pro-x 750's back there on my '01 205V. A lot more room to work on the engine and the ability to fill as much as needed. Re-used the existing areator pumps and supplemented/lengthened the lines with flow-rite materials to keep it looking oem. Wish they would have done a through-hull scoop back then rather than the intakes in the back. (no fill on the fly) but it works pretty good. Certainly better than hand filling.