Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    sliderfreak            07-28-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
i have been thinkin about building a slider but my father insists that i look into a rave slider??? now ive never heard anything good about these things or for that fact ive heard nothing about these things??antbody got something?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-28-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
i have one that i have used once if u are interested. the lake i ride on isnt suitable for it. i would have to tow it too far and would be too much of a hassle.

http://www.waterbounce.com/wakeboardsliders.htm

i have a ramp slider and the table top that connects to it.
Old    sliderfreak            07-28-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
ya send me sum pix
Old    sliderfreak            07-28-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
wut do u think of it does it bounce or iz it pretty solid???
Old    wakechick            07-28-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
It is not solid at all. It's inflatable so it moves all over the place. I guess it's okay if you have never hit sliders before...it was actually the first one I ever hit. I quickly grew to not like it though because it is unstable.
Old    sliderfreak            07-28-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
thats wut i kinda thought.ive been tryin to tell my dad that.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-28-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
if u are interested, i will see if i can dig up some pics. i cant really tell u much because i only used it once last summer and it was the first ride of the season....very cold and didnt hit it much. i am leaving town tomorrow morning and wont be back until sunday. i will see if i can find the pictures
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-28-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
I have a rave slider that gets used a fair amount. Here are my thoughts:

Floating sliders move. Period. That doesn't make them "bad".

The advantage of a floating slider is that it works with changing water levels and you can take it with you. I carry mine on the top of the houseboat and it takes me about 20 minutes to rig it and get it set up. Not a big deal at all.

An advantage of an inflatable slider is that the sides are fairly soft. Just about everyone who has attempted the slider has crashed into the side at one time or another. It is much nicer to bounce of a tube of air than a 4x4!

If you would like to see my Rave Slider in action click here:
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/rmcinnis/wake_pics.htm

Note that I am 48 years old, 190 lbs, and not very good at wakeboarding. Ignore the lack of grace and style, look at how the slider moves (or doesn't). One of these days I will get a video of my son doing his tricks on the website, much more interesting!

What prompted me to buy a Rave slider was the day my son and I went out to Orwood (California Delta) to check out the sliders there. We watched guys fall and smack themselves pretty hard into the posts and rails. Then I watched as a support beam BROKE as the rider was going up the ramp and he got then end of the rail in his gut. He wasn't hurt bad, but it sure looked bad! I decided right then that I would rather invest in an inflatable slider than pay the hospital bills!

I bought mine off Ebay for about half what the retail rate was. I have had it for about two years and it is holding up well.

Rod
Old    sliderfreak            07-29-2004, 5:27 PM Reply   
rod i saw u hittin that slider. damn radical haha. now i didnt see it move to much and my dad thought it looked really solid but i think it sunk alittle.also it looks a little short and boring?ive hitt sliders and i need sumthing that will push me thanks for the clip and the ur thoughts. if u could ask ur son wut his thoughts r since it sounds like hes more advanced and might have a different opinnon.thanx
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-29-2004, 9:18 PM Reply   
i think your better off building your own slider than buying the rave slider. get some pvc piping
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 6:26 AM Reply   
matt i might be interested in that slider! email me, i have a rave rainbow and here is the scoop.....a rave needs to be properly anchored, when it is, when you slide it stays solid, the beauty of a rave is when you crash it gives a little.....definately reccomend the rave slider
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-30-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
Mitchell:

Yes, the slider sinks a little, but I certainly don't notice it when I hit it. Of course, I have never hit any other slider so I can't really compare it.

As for the length, I wouldn't recommend anything shorter, but it isn't bad.

Rod
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
I personally think the rave sliders are way overpriced for what you are getting.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-31-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
try building one, its just as expensive
Old    sliderfreak            08-01-2004, 10:01 PM Reply   
haha thanx for everybody posting but i can just steal the wood and pipe form construction sites around my house. im 16.im a criminal.