Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
okay,
so im laying in bed this morning trying to do everything possible not to get up..

and i had a brilliant idea.

its supposed to POOR tonight and tomorrow.
and we have this area about 90 feet by 30 feet and about 2 feet deep that flood at my school. its in grass considering its right next to the baseball field. i had planned on wearing board shorts, my vest, and carry my wakeskate at school for Halloween. (laughs)

but I'm going to bring a rope also. all of my friends already said that they where down. so we are going to pull each other and ride the mini pond at my school during lunch and after school. I'm like 99% sure that if it all works out we can send pics and a a story to alliance and get in for sure. I've gotten in the magazine for less stuff then that. and getting in the yearbook is a given. haha.

I'm so stoked right now. I've never wanted to go to school but I'm so excited right now
Old     (skateonwater564)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-30-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
how are you gonna get pulled?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
holding the rope and running
5 people are going to hold and run. ive done it in my pool before
Old     (skateonwater564)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-30-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
thats such a sick idea. post pics bro!!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
for sure man. im just hoping that we get enough rain.

im not going to lie. none of us are great on the skate. we all WAKEBOARD but we can do surface spins and 180's so it should still be fun
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-30-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
hook a couple of rope tied together to a truck. Works great.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
ya i know it works. ive done it with a quad. but we will get in trouble for where we are riding. if you could see it you would understand
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-30-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
That's why you tie enough to extend to the nearest parking lot.nothing they can really say if you arn't tearing up their lawns, haha
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-30-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
haha its not really a lawn. but to get to the nearest strret is about 400 yeards straight from the direction we are riding adn about 30 yards up. its in a huge whole thats why it gets full of water
Old     (georgeliddy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-31-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
> its supposed to POOR tonight and tomorrow.

You need to spend more time studying, apparently. It's amazing our poor our school system is.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-31-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
ya i know. i saw the spelling error like an hour after i posted. i was typing fast and not paying attention.
but we didnt get enough rain. so things didnt pan out
Old     (georgeliddy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-31-2008, 11:03 PM Reply   
> i was typing fast and not paying attention.

That's no excuse.

Just kidding with you.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-01-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
hahahahha. i get up at 730 to go to school and i posted it at 8. school starts at 9 for me. so i was still drowsy(spelling?. lmao
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-18-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
welll.... this thread is like a year and a half in the making, and please ignore everything up above, i cant believe how bad spelling was back in 08. so my apologies. but i built a winch over the summer, and the field by my school finally flooded for the first time this year. so some friends and i rolled down there, staked it in. and winched for a good 3 hours this afternoon while we had some clear weather.

not going to lie. 99% of the time, i would rather be strapped in. but after the amount of fun i had winching on a wakeskate today, im going to start doing it ALOT more. landed my first shuv ever today, which is why i think im so pumped on skating now.
this isnt me. but its a friend of mine in the "puddle" from earlier today just riding.
he has been on a wakeboard one time before this, and never on a wakeskate. and considering he has never winched before or did a chair start, i was pretty pumped he got up first try and was able to ride the full length.
over all awesome day, and cant wait to do it again. it is supposed to rain a bunch this week. so i plan to go back sometime very soon. maybe even throw a short little flat bar in next time
;]

Upload