Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
Just got them a few days ago, ridden them twice.... they are AMAZING!!! Best bindings I have ever ridden!! I do not have one negative thing to say about them!!
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   

Upload
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
.Upload
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-25-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
.Upload
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
I put my foot through my 3DS's 5 days ago...I am so lucky the impact actually made them unclosed toe and my toes shot through.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-25-2007, 11:20 PM Reply   
putting your toes/foot through the front of your binding has to be the worst situation. When this happens you can tear ligaments and break bones in your ankle. I would much rather have a stubbed or jammed toe that will go away then have to deal with ruined ankles.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-26-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
With my 07 Factions, I have never put my toe through the opening. IMO, if your bindings fit properly and are not streatched out, it is almost impossible to go through the toe opening.

Nice bindings BTW...

(Message edited by Byrd on October 26, 2007)
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
I just got mine in last night. I am so excited to go and ride them this afternoon. I have them on the 08 Marius Platty and they look pimp. They are super comfortable and when I put them on after I mounted them to my board I wasn't able to make the heal lift from the board. These are the first closed toe bindings that I have put my feet in that I actually liked because I was still able to get them tight over my foot and all the way through the toes. The LF closed toe were pretty much the same but seemed much heavier and retained a lot of water. I am not sure how much these will hold but it doesn't seem like much will be able to fit in there because these things fit my feet like a glove. I have a size 10-10.5 feet and went with the mediums and it seems just about right for those of you looking into these. The only thing that I am not to sure about is the tounge stiffener that is sewn on the tounge (notice the plastic looking piece on the tounge in the pictures above). They seem to make the tounge very very stiff and that is probably also due to the higher wraps that are on them this year aswell. Overall they seem like great bindings and are super comfy. They are a huge step up from last year in almost every way that you can think of. Now I get to see how they will stand the test of time. They seem very durable but I am not to sure how the suede material will hold up as I have seen that it has not held up on other bindings that I have seen or used in the past.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-26-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
Yep...from what I understand CWB basically decided that their higher wrapping boot should have little bit of a stiffer tounge. The Answer is a bit lower cut and has a softer tounge. Kinda makes sense. The tounge isn't unmanagably stiff, though, from what I remember. Might be a good binding for those with weak or problematic ankles.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
were can i buy my own
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
I got mine through waranty. Just lucky that they took care of me so quickly. CWB= Great Customer Service.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-26-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Still would like to see a pic of the adapter plate. Its obvious from your pics that you can't get as wide of a stance as you could with 8 inch plates (the marks on your board from your old boots)...
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
That is incorrect, you can actually get a wider stance with these boots than with the 8 inch plate. There is no adapter plate for these bindings. The reason that you can see the marks from his old boots is because he has them moved in 2 inserts from his previous bindings. With these bindings you will have to ride 1 in if you want to have the same stance as you did with the 8 inch plates. I always have rode all the way out on all boards and with these bindings I ride 1 in and you can see that the boots perfectly overlap where my 07 zueses were except that you can see where the old plates were since they were much bigger. I have an 08 marius and there is only 3 inserts on the outside and 4 inserts on the inside so if you did go all the way out with the new 6 inch plates there is an insert for you to do so. If you mount these bindings on an older board and put them 1 in then you will be in the same spot as your previous 8 inch plate bindings but if you put them all the way out on an older board then there will be no hole on the inside for you to use, but this setting would be a full 2 inches wider stance than your previous boots. I hope that makes sence.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-26-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
sorry I'm not totally getting this. bear with me guys haha. crappy photoshop sketch; this is assuming the boot is in the middle of their own baseplate...
How can the 6 inch plate be giving a wider stance???

Upload

and Robert, he hasn't moved them 2 inserts in, it just appears that way because that is the last insert left to use on the inside.

(Message edited by wakeslife on October 26, 2007)

(Message edited by wakeslife on October 26, 2007)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-26-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
That is a nice diagram there Roddyrod. I liked that they got rid of the self coiling lace strings. I busted mine a few times. They look sweet!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-26-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
Cuz with a smaller plate you foot is closer to the edge of the plate. So your stance will be wider. Both all the way out is like a inch or so wider.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-26-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
On a 08 CWB board, The hole place ment of the 3 holes is diffrent than a 07 or any other board with 4 holes. The wider stance will only be true with 08 CWB bindings and a 08 CWB board.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-26-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
Robert, I hate to tell you this, but you are wrong.

You say I sohlud move them out another hole?? That is impossible because with the new baseplate, the inside doesnt have a hole. I have them out as far as they will go on an 07 board.
Old     (mwaken)      Join Date: May 2003       10-26-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
So......

The 08 bindings will fit on 07 or 08 boards, and 07 bindings will work on 08 boards. With 08 bindings(6 inch baseplate, some 08 still 8 inch) on 07 board you need the adapter to go all the way out.

Reason: One in with 08 is the same as all the way out with 07. The adapter will let you get to one in with 6 inch baseplates so you will be all the way out. The footbeds still line up in the same spot.

With 2008 high end boards you will not need any adapter, it is only for 07 boards. All 08 high end boards will be 4,3 hole pattern which will allow you to go an extra 2 inches out with 6 inch baseplates. However, all 08 6 inch baseplate bindings will ship with adapters to use on 07 boards.

Hope that helped a little.

(Message edited by mwaken on October 26, 2007)

(Message edited by mwaken on October 26, 2007)
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-26-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
A few observations......

I think that RoddyRod is right, with '08 6 inch boots, and a '07 board with out adapters, the stance is a little narrower than with 8 inch boots. Very Very minor, but still more narrow.

I did not get an adapter with my '08 Zues', I don't think I need to go any wider, but I would like the option of trying it.

Another interesting observation, the pair of Zues that I bought DOES NOT have the plastic stiffener on the tongue!! Look at the 2 pictures of my boots and Chris's boots... very interesting. I definitely don't think I would want that stiff of a tongue!! Mine are plenty stiff now.

Upload

Upload

I have ridden with my '08 Zues about 6 times, and I have to say, these are the best boots I could ever want. They are amazingly comfortable, secure, and stable. Once you lock the hinge down, your heel is locked in for good! I absolutely LOVE the boots!!!!!
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-27-2007, 7:28 AM Reply   
Huh well I am not one to argue. I guess since I have my boots on an 08 board that I didn't fully understand how they will fit on an 07 board. I guess I will have to try to put them on my old watson. I am sure you guys are right, I just figured that if there was an adapter that they would have sent it or asked me if I needed it at least. Sorry for the confusion above. I got to ride them for the first time last night and I loved them. The tounge stiffener seems really stiff when you try them on on dry land but once you are ridding you don't even notice. They seem like very well made boots. I guess that I didn't have the bottom laces as tight as I should have because when I did a switch scarecrow my left foot slid forward and I busted open my big toe. I just pulled them tighter and kept ridding, then at the end of my set I pulled out my feet and I was bleeding everywhere, Ha. They are great boots, that was just user error I guess cause after I tightened them it didn't happen again.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
Robert, I am with you, when I put them on my '07 Natural, it seemed weird that the inside holes were all the way out, but I still had 2 holes left on the outside set...

Definitely confusing.

I agree, I had a hard time getting the bottom laces tight as well. What I did was when I took the boots off at the end of the set, when they were wet, I tightened the laces down all the way on the empty boot. The next time I put them on they were as tight as I would want them. The only thing I worry about closing them up like that is the dreaded closed toe funky smell.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-27-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Adapter.
Allows for the new plate to fit all of those antiquated boards..

First time I've used a smiley. So stoked.

Upload