Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-20-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
Anyone have one of these? Is it even worth the time if you live in MN and have a long offseason? Holla.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-20-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
Indo boards are awesome and definitely help you with your balance.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-20-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
I have one and I live here in Az. (i.e. no off season) I don't do any tricks on mine but it's great for all the smaller balancing muscles that get out of shape when you haven't boarded for a while. It's fun to balance and watch TV.
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-20-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Indo Boards are great for balance practice. You can do tricks on them like ollies and spins. They are also great fun to break out at parties after a few drinks and watch all of your non-board sport friends bust their ***es.}
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-20-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
get one!
Old     (kiwi_24)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-20-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
you can even use a skateboard deck without the trucks obviously and a pop bottle filled with water. Heaps of fun especially when on the booze.

you can get reasonably good quick, didnt take us too long to land shuvits on it
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-20-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
Get one they are fun to do tricks on when you are board and they do help with balance, it will be easy for you to pick up because you already do a board sport. So don't worry about everyone in the shops that don't ride telling you they tried it and it's so hard.

They are also great for marking up your floors and walls aka. re decorating
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-20-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
They also have an inflatable pad you put under it that is great for working out with. Shaun and I do tons of stuff in the gym on it.

('http://www.indoboard.com/application/cart/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=191&zenid=459f cc1d0ed1277682a1275eb4204073')
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-20-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
Indos rock!

Even if you don't use them for training specifically, they are super fun to stand on and have a good time with your friends.

I just made mine out of a skateboard deck and a piece of 6" PVC tube, but it gets the job done :-)
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-20-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
I love to use my board, They are great durring the winter time for me. The hard part is, just finding a place to use it in my house.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-20-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
I took an old skate deck, a 2 liter bottle, filled it with water, and wrapped the bottle in hockey tape for a little grip. Works great! Its fun to see how long you can hold grabs and such in awkward tweaked positions without rolling off.
Old    meyerb            11-20-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
skate deck + nalgene bottle. Dont waste the money on an indo
Old     (andyh)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-20-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
they are allotta fun if you learn to ride them right and dont fall
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-20-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   

quote:

skate deck + nalgene bottle. Dont waste the money on an indo

there's always gotta be one.

the board with the cushion that Travis is talking about is called the indo flo. they sell the original indo, the original roller, and the flo cushion in a package. I think it's all $140. well worth it if you ask me. very durable stuff.
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-21-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Which model would you all suggest for someone who has been boarding on the water and snow for 5 years. I have had a couple minor knee problems so would like to focus on strength training versus tricks. Will I get bored with the original one right away? Does the mini pro provide as much strength training and the smaller one? Thanks for all the comments.

Ry

(Message edited by lil_braswell on November 21, 2006)
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-21-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
i've only tried a regular Indo and also a skateboard-sized balance board. i like the indo better. but fyi, my ex-b/f was a longboarder and was awesome at it ... even did rails on his longboard. he has a regular Indo board and kicks butt on it, so i think you can challenge yourself whichever model you pick.