Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    absolutofft            08-22-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
Most of the electronics places ive been to seem to stock most amps which are around 50 watts per channel at 4 ohms. However the mb quarts can take up to 120 watts, so should I look for something closer to that, or will 50 watts be enough?

Also regarding brands, i was leaning towards a rockford fosgate amp but I heard that these are no longer true power amps, is this true?
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-25-2003, 12:01 AM Reply   
50 watts will not be enough to hear while boarding, ive got somewhere beteen 150-175 watts per channel to my tower speakers, my RF amps came with a birth cert that shows their test bench readings...of course you have to trust them on that unless you have some expensive test equipment yourself
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-25-2003, 6:35 AM Reply   
Well I here that Rockford Fosgate is outstanding for powering Subs but not so much for speakers cause the clarity is not as good as other such as Kenwood.

That is what I have just heard.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
I use PPI to power my Mb's and you can hear them from the back.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-25-2003, 9:33 PM Reply   
Pierce, im not too sure about that, from what ive heard RF is better then kenwood as far as quality, clarity, and spl. Of course there are way better amps but they are also more expensive and remember we are operating in the marine environment
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-25-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
The Blaupunkt amps use a different transistor technology that allows the amp to use less power and run cooler with an extremely compact footprint, all good things for boats. I have the PA2100 and the PA275, very happy with both. They also have some nice features like remote gain control, bass boost, and variable crossover. They are available on e-bay and through crutchfield.