Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
I have 4 Wetsounds XS-650's in my boat. They sounded great until earlier today I washed the carpet. Just scrubbed it, and then washed it away with a water hose. I am sure the wetsounds got wet, but not too wet I wouldn't think.

Anyways, I try to play them and they are very distorted, you can't make out any words and they are not very loud. Will they start working when they dry out? I would think they would still play with the little amount of water that got on them.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-19-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
I've had my pro 80's and 485's soaked by rain before...no problems. anytime anything electrical gets wet it's a good idea to not even turn power on. electricity and water do not mix.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
Ok, I have to apologize. I blamed the wetsound speaker, but I went out and rewired it directly to my cd player (CMD4) and they worked. I am having a problem with my Equalizer. Which is the clarion equalizer and I bought it 2 weeks ago and had it working perfectly. I am not sure what is wrong with it, the blue lights in it still come on, but for some reasoning I am getting distortion to my speakers. I'll have to look further into it tomorrow, I need some sleep.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
Anybody else had problems with the Clarion equalizer getting wet?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-19-2008, 11:00 PM Reply   
Had a similar issue with my soundstream EQ two years ago when it rained really hard up at shasta. I popped the EQ out of the boat, took the top off the case and hit it with hair dryer for a few minutes to dry the water droplets off the circuit board. Worked fine when I put everything back together.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
Brandon, I fried one of my clarion eq's after a heavy rainstorm...I found out the hard way the Supra's dash's arent' water tight. Mine did the exact same thing...very distroted, low volume, and powered up fine. I ended up just pulling mine out. I've since swithced HU's ( alpine) and my stereo has never sounded better. Part of it was the Hu, then rest was probably having to much adjustment ( dual eq's ) throught the entire system.

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on March 20, 2008)
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-20-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
Having a rough go with the stereo stuff lately, aren't ya.

Hope it all works out for you.
Old     (superez)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-27-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Hi Brandon, I am thinking of upgrading my 4 sony speakers to the XS-650's, how do you like them?
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-27-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
you won't be dissappointed Russ. They are loud and clear.
Old     (superez)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-28-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
Great, thanks.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
We had the same thing with an EQ in our last boat. Got rained on hard. Dried it with a hairdryer and it was fine.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2008, 5:53 AM Reply   
ya a hairdryer or throw it in the oven on super low heat andleave it for an hour or two. but don't turn it back on til you are positive its dry. that works with most electronics
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-02-2008, 6:18 AM Reply   
So i dropped my Blackberry 8800 in the pool last week, CHIT! Didn't work at all. The wife says to put some kitty litter in a small box, place the phone on the litter and close the box. Guess what? It sucked the water right out of it overnight and the phone works as before. The moral here is that this would work for eq's as well and you wouldn't risk using a hair dryer or an oven.