Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
After waiting 5 months for my RZ4 to be built and 4 months working on these graphics from RE:BOAT it's finally done!! RE:BOAT completely over delivered on these graphics. The owner, Matt, was extremely creative and helpful. I have 65 pics of the wrap and the rest of my boat so if no one cares I may post a couple sets of pics. I tried to match the rims (24's) on my Denali to the trailer (20's), I think it looks pretty close. I told my Tige dealer it was cool if he sold the rear decal we came up with to other Tige owners. If you want one, contact Bill at Wakeboard and Waterski Specialty(WWS). Or contact Matt at RE:BOAT, he can make anything for you.

I can't say enough good things about RE:BOAT. The guy flew to Denver from Detroit just to install my graphics, plus he located and installed my black trailer rims on the spot. RE:BOAT is sick, and as always Wakeboard and Waterski Specialty exceeded my customer service expectations. I only buy Tige's because of WWS's customer service. No other dealer would try so hard to accommodate our ridiculous requests. Thanks for putting up with us!!!!
www.waterskispecialty.com
www.reboatwraps.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
Couple more pics!!!Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (sparkmonster)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-08-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
i like the look of the tige logo off the chain in the back
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-08-2007, 9:19 PM Reply   
Dang man that's so sick looking! Congrats
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-08-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
that looks dope. good idea
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-08-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
Do you mind me asking how much that cost you? Very nice!! Did you consider doing Window Vision on the glass?
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-08-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Boat looks killer!
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-08-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Definitely not my style, but to each his own....enjoy!
Old     (hk308)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
Sweet ride!!
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-08-2007, 9:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the responses, were very excited and happy with how it turned out. A full wrap like this is around $4,000 to $5,000. It depends on how much time you spend going back and forth during the design phase. The faster you complete the design the cheaper the wrap.

I don't know what window vision is? We just used a 5% tint on the glass. We can see through it really well during the day.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-08-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
bling bling.... sharp
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
MHayes, I didn't expect everyone to like the graphics. It wouldn't be fun unless we pushed the envelope a little. We just felt boat manufacturers could put a little more effort into their graphics.

However, you have a great looking Nautique. I like the red and white, it looks very clean.
Take it easy,
Kdawg
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-09-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
My mom always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. So, this is me shutting up...
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
Sangeria,
I think BMW's chief designer, Chris Bangle, said it best, "Sometimes to move forward you have to leave others behind." Not everyone needs to like my graphics, but boat manufacturers should offer more aggressive designs. I would bet there's a combination of cool graphics that would look great on your Sanger.
Old    bocephus            07-09-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
Hey Kdawq,
Nice setup man! I want to do a wrap on my '08 CC 210 when it comes in. Some guy on this board has a wrapped '07 SAN that I really like. Anyhow nice setup!

Ryan
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-09-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
Thats sweet! I would like to gat a wrap on my truck... boat... camper... house.... everything... but not the 911... ah hell... the 911 too... but it is just too expensive for me to invest in vinyl wrap! But it looks great!
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-09-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
kdawg...I will grant you that polarization is extremely powerful. I guess I'm just old school...I still love the old block text on my Sanger vs. the newer fancier stuff. Back in my day we didn't have any of this fibbledy-fabbbledy auto ballast and fancy-dancy graphics...and we liked it! :-)
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-09-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
That looks sweet!

Post a few pics on Tigeowners.com! I think the folks there would love to see that.
Old    mendo247            07-09-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
Nice... Way to push the envelope!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-09-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
talltigeguy, he posted them up over there last night man!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-09-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Timmy!, Tall is just a little slow. He needs more coffee.

(Message edited by dabell on July 09, 2007)
Old     (gmoney27)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-09-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Your boat rocks!!!!!! I bet you can't wait to take that bad boy to Havi!!!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-09-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
I looked. Somehow I missed it on my first pass. I am going to grab a coke now.

Very nice!
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-09-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Definitely not my style, but that could just be because I'm getting old...

You've got the right attitude though, and to each his own. Congrats for doing something different.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-09-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
Thats the snizzle yo!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-09-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
This is Window Vision. An alternative to tint. Just wondering if anybody has done it and how well you can see through it.

Upload
Old    00wakesetter            07-09-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Im a lookin, and im a likin!!!

good job on doing somthing different.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-09-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Sick, sick looking boat man! You can't possibly mistake that ride for someone else out on the water!
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-09-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
David, I'm guessing the Window Vision is just like the wraps that they put on buses that covers the windows as well? The times I've been on a bus with this, you really couldn't even tell that anything was on the window when looking out from the inside. I'd be curious if there's a different effect when you're on the water.
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
David,
That window vision tint is a pretty sweet idea. Somehow that idea never crossed my mind, I've seen that on buses. Maybe I'll do it on my next boat. My wife is looking over my shoulder wondering why we have to wait for our next boat. I think you may have just cost me some money!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-09-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
I want to get it done on the new WakeWorld Malibu, but I'm having trouble finding a shop that does it in the San Diego area.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-09-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
David,
Did you call the graphics company in Elsinore? I know they do wraps, many places who do wraps do the window vision as well

http://www.thegraphicsco.com/
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-09-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
I am sorry if this is a highjack, but how durable are these wraps? They look incredible, but do they tend to peel, especially in the heat and water?
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-10-2007, 6:05 AM Reply   
Window vision would be really annoying to look through, not to mention dangerous. Maybe on a go-fast boat where you look over the windshield.... I would steer my customers away from it. We use it alot on our vehicle wraps it just works better when viewed from a distance of 4' or more. Try sitting in a bus with a wrap and you'll see what I mean. You would have to keep moving your head to see through it, kind of like an old window screen.

As for durability, we have had our wraps on some fishing boats for 3+ years. It all really depends on the driver. Nasty old docks will tear it up, of course these same docks would trash a gelcoat too. As for peeling problems you just have to know the right material. Some less experienced shops will use a vinyl that has air-release technology. That material works great for cars and trucks but does not work well for a marine application as it it will allow water to be wicked up. The laminate we use has a UV inhibitor to resist fading. So all in all, our wraps endure very well, just beware of inexperienced shops.

David, we could have a wrap installed for you on site in a matter of weeks. Like kdawg said it really depends on the art and how long we spend in proofs. You can email me at Matt@Re-Boat.com

Speaking of kdawg, they were a pleasure to deal with on this project. Is was really exciting to see it come together and see such attention to detail in all areas of the build. I can't wait to work with them on there RZ6 build ;)
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
post more pics of the boat bun...

boat looks sick too
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
post more pics of the boat bun...

boat looks sick too
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-10-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
5 grand and it will last 3+ years, eh?.... Personally I would spend 5 thousand differently. Looks pretty crazy, though.
Old     (darv)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
The guy who owns the green machine(the boat with the widow graphics) is going out with me on my boat tonight. I will ask him how well he can see through the wind shield.

Derek
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-10-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
I have to admit, that is pretty bad ass looking...
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       07-10-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
I'm personally not a fan of Tige but I must say, that is the most bad a$$ boat that I've seen in a long time. Give me a shout-out if you want to get it off your hands for an 03 MC
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
Derek, let me know what he says about the window graphic. I probably wouldn't do it on this boat, but maybe next years.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
Yeah! Nice wrap (girl) The boat looks good too!
Old     (darv)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-11-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
Rick said that he liked the window and he didn't have trouble seeing through it at all. Jason, on the other hand, drove the boat a lot and said he hated it because it impaired his vision.

Derek
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       07-11-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
LoL
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       07-11-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
You went with something really subtle and timeless I see! :-)

Actually I'm really interested in wraps in general - I kick around the idea of wrapping my Correct Craft in very light blue camouflage in the next few years so I always look at these custom jobs very closely. But I just have to ask - is this a dealer demo - or a promo of some sort for Tige, or even for RE: BOAT (due to the huge lettering on the side that says RE:BOAT) - or was it just something you decided to do because you had the cash & interest to do it?

And my follow on to that question is - what is the theme supposed to be? If so much attention was paid to the design - what was the intent? The transom makes sense - rapper necklace. Got it. I can see the appeal to some degree with that part. Not my thing, but that doesn't matter.

But what about the rest of the boat? I see hot pink "Tige" and a lime green argyle segment, and a stylized, eyeless, fish skull up front (I think). There is just a lot going on here. I am wondering if you could provide more details about it. Maybe I am looking into it too much but thats what I do.

Hats off for doing something different - but it would be awesome if you could explain it a bit. Again particularly because you said you spent so much time & money on this design.

I'm not trying to grill you or be negative or anything - but lets face it - this is pretty "out there". Which is fine and dandy - but I am a designer myself and I can't help but to look at things like this and ask questions.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on July 11, 2007)
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
I kind of agree with Eric.....I Love the boat, but wonder whats going on...

Eric just captured my sentiments exactly.

I love that RZ4....need to win Lottery.

Sean
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-11-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
I just saw the boat in person and pics don't really do it any justice! It looks a lot cooler in person than in the pictures. That's a big mofo man!

(Message edited by timmyb on July 11, 2007)
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-11-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
As for the theme, I will leave that up to the owner. It really came about from alot of their personal time being devoted to incorporating all of the design elements they liked. I think this would fit very well in the racks:

Upload

As for our ReBoat logo being incorporated. We are lucky enough to be apart of this project and will be using this as our demo boat in several of the larger national boat shows. Just wait until you see what we have in store for her next!
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
Erik, I don't even know which question to answer first. And I'm not sure you were sotally tober when you wrote it, it was a little deep.
The short answer to all of your questions is, why not. I had some money burning a whole in my pocket and it seemed like a great way to blow it. You get graphics like ours, when you give two people with horrible ADD, unlimited time to develop a wrap with little financial constraints.

All in all, the design actually has a lot of continuity within the theme. Much of what you see is derived from a lot of the same influences. Take notice of the advertising colors and fonts you see within the X-game demographic. Most of the gear available for wakeboarding is designed by the riders them selves, and many of the boards out there have the same design elements. It will probably look a little brady bunch in a couple years, but we'll be well past this boat.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       07-12-2007, 4:50 AM Reply   
Don't get defensive now. I was completely sober when I wrote that and tried to ask in a very constructive way without bashing it.

Demo boat.

Promo purposes.

All I need to know. Not much more needs to be said. Thanks. Got it. Enjoy.
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
I think you miss read my tone, I'm totally cool with some people liking it an others hating it. I was just trying to answer you questions the best way I could. I guess it did kind of sound defensive, that was not my intention.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-02-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
There is a feature up on the original boat in this topic at
http://www.wakeboatworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemi d=60

sweet boat. Like always, some are gonna like it and some are gonna hate it.