Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-21-2003, 7:41 AM Reply   
This weekend ive been trying a surface 360 but i have huge fins(sr200's) on my board so im finding it really hard to get rotation. Can you sugest wot fins would be best to buy next.
Old                07-29-2003, 9:23 PM Reply   
just out out and buy some smaller fins
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-30-2003, 7:54 AM Reply   
Remember the post where Lloyd Murray wrote that Shaun's boards were stolen and he described the new model that they were testing out? That it had two fins each side, one was molded and the other wasn't which would make it easier to ride switch.

Has anybody tried using different sized fins on their boards? I have the Belmont 136 and was thinking of taking out the center fins and having a big and a little on each edge. Yeah, i know, i could just try it, but i wont get out to ride again till 2 weekends from now...
Old                07-31-2003, 5:25 PM Reply   
Speaking of fins...could someone help me out. I have a liquid force with original fins on it. I have been riding for 3 summers now and need help getting past wake to wake jumps. Would getting smaller fins help with 180's and riding switch?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-01-2003, 12:40 AM Reply   
No, smaller fins won't help with either and may make it more difficult. The only way to learn to ride switch is to practice - a lot! It will take a while to get comfortable so try to ride switch every time you go out. At first you should just try 1 wake 180's since they are really easy to do. It also may be easier for you to do a TS 180 than HS since you land facing the boat on a TS 180.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-01-2003, 5:56 AM Reply   
So you're saying its me and not just the equipment, eh?...darn

now my lack of air...that's solely cause I'm not riding behind a 2007 model X-Galaxy, right?!
Old                08-01-2003, 5:57 PM Reply   
Bill thanks for the info. Going out this weekend and I'll see how it goes. I'm thinking I need the youngsters to give me a wakeboard camp