Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-14-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
So due to the shooting today facebook has blown up with tons of posts (these are actual posts from facebook friends):

1. I just want to hug my family and friends, and tell them I love them!! Prayers and may Gods words ease your pain, to those from Conn. So sorry for what you are going through.

2. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families!

3. such a tragedy in Newtown, CT...one can only try & find peace of mind knowing that they're now living in the grace of God, out of this sick & twisted world...

4. Those in Connecticut need our thoughts and prayers more than ever. Tragic.

.... so I am not a religious man, at all, so take this with a grain of salt

.... does it seem just stupid to anyone else to "Pray" to a God that allowed this to happen in the first place? How to people get solace in "praying" in the wake of a tragedy and making it okay that these people were killed because they're "with God now".

As far as I understand, the all knowing and powerful God / Jesus / Holy Spirit / Allah / Buddah / who-ever you pick should have been able to have this guy's gun jam with divine intervention, or maybe he would have choked on his breakfast this morning stopping him before this all.... but no, instead innocent people are dead.

/rant.