Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (ac88926)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-02-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
Hey guys ive been wakeboarding for about 8 years now and just recently started snowboarding about 2 years ago. I think its time for me to get my own gear cause im tired of renting, and they dont like it when you hit rails on rented boards..... With that being said, any advice on what i should get? I dont want to have $500 in a setup because it will only get used about 3 weekends a year. Thanks.
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       11-02-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
Look at academy they are cheep but good. Rossignal is also a good one. Stay away from technine and LTD
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-02-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
Academy boards are great and it's true there are some really good deals out there on last years boards.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-03-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Rome Cheaptrick...should suit you fine even w/ your budget
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       11-04-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
And bindings you can get some cheep burton customs if you look hard for like 100 or last years free styles for even less. They just break alot and are unreliable
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-05-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
stay away from that plastic burton junk & invest in a pair of Rome Arsenals or 390's or Ride Delta's.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-05-2009, 8:58 PM Reply   
i had some burtons one time....then i got a pair of Rome Targa's and i'll never go back to plastic crap...things are bomb proof...
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-06-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
I have been ridin Burtons plastic junk for about 6 yrs now...gotta say I really like riding that junk.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-06-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
I've rocked burton binders for yrs.
I've never had a problem with my cartels and co'2s.

The co'2 have over 200 days on the mtn on them and just have some nicks and scratchs.

If they were so bad I wonder why most pros were them? Even with out sponsor from them.

Not like on WW where everyone swears on the crap their sponsors give them
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-06-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Just giving my $0.02.... thats all...

My GF broke 2 pairs of Cartels (heelcup area)
My buddy had a pair of C60's that the paint chipped away & burton would not warranty them... (paint on a $350 binding...wow)

I am NOT sposnored by anybody, but I have done MY homework & probably have ridden more boards, bindings,and boots(different compaines & models) to date then most people ride in a life time. So I think I am intitled to voice my opinion, just as you are....
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-06-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
Soli, amen brother to your "personal quote"
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       11-06-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
paint chipping being a problem and wanting to warranty them that the wow to me.

Whats binding isnt painted or infused with color

everyone is entitled to thier opinion for sure though

my boy bent his ride deltas like a a mo fo but i dont say they suck, just snowboarding is tough on equipment and shizz breaks
Old     (snowbabe101)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-07-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
I bought a supermodel burton board from: http://www.snowboardpricing.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?ord=p&st=supermodel+168&auct=on and absolutely LOVE it! The season has started in CO and I've been out twice. I'd defintiely recommend this board.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-07-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
are ride delta's really that much better than burtons?
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-07-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Heres a really cheap setup im going to get i think. I only go 2-3 times a year so is this worth it?

Upload
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2009, 2:44 AM Reply   
zach, if you only go two or three times a year, buy the board and bindings used. Try craigslist. There probably isn't a ton on there before the season starts, but will be more once the season gets going. And I bet being in OKC, you could probably find some used stuff that didn't get much use. And the technology doesn't change that much. Anything made in the last 3-4 years, IMO, will be just as good as anything brand new.

I would buy used over buying really low end equipment. In my opinion, you don't need top of the line equipment, but you will notice when riding equipment below a certain threshold. This may be hard to explain, but the edges of the better boards are a different style than on cheaper boards. I don't even know how to explain it. If you go to a shop and compare, you will see what I am talking about. That said, you don't need a board that retails for 800. Any board that retails for 300 will probably be okay for you. Same is true with bindings. The cheaper bindings don't disperse the pressure put on your feet so when you are hauling balls down the mountain, your feet will hurt if it is just a thin plastic strap as opposed to something thicker and padded. This isn't the best explanation but you probably get my drift.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-09-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Yeah thanks man
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-10-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
>>are ride delta's really that much better than burtons?<<

Which burtons are you comparing them too & what kind of riding are you doing.