Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trennaa)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-24-2012, 1:36 AM Reply   
I am looking at installing Wetsounds XS-650 in my 2006 Supra launch 21V but I am concerned they don't fit in the main lounge area above the cup holders due to the depth of the speaker, the XS-65 will as they 1/2 inch smaller but I just don't think the XS-650 will? I even cut a cardboard template out and it just hits the side of the boat from the inside.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2012, 4:36 AM Reply   
If this is in an existing speaker hole, they run a straightedge across the hole and measure thr depth from the deck to the the hull. If you do not have enough depth, then you have a couple of choices: Go with the 65 series, do acrylic LED rings behind your speakers for some added bling, or go with a white (or deck colored) HDPE ring that will space the speaker out enough to clear.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-24-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
Spacing the speakers out can get a little tedious at the rear of the cockpit coaming pockets because a portion of the grill may be behind the coaming panel with limited depth on the face side. Oftentimes the grill can be modified a bit up and behind the panel where is does not show. However, this can be a problem with a component/coaxial where the grill is permanently integrated. So add this ingredient into the calculation.
Also, the protective boot around the XS-650 magnet can be modified to reduce the depth, whether or not that's enough to make up the difference I cannot say at this point.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (trennaa)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-24-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for that
David how much is the thickness of the protective boot
Of the magnet
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-24-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
I do not know the exact thickness and I'd rather not shoot from the hip. But I would email Wetsounds to find out the accurate number. And look over your boat a little closer as TigeMike's idea may be all that is required. Wetsounds has the light ring dimensions too.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (jdb11386)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-24-2012, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
If this is in an existing speaker hole, they run a straightedge across the hole and measure thr depth from the deck to the the hull. If you do not have enough depth, then you have a couple of choices: Go with the 65 series, do acrylic LED rings behind your speakers for some added bling, or go with a white (or deck colored) HDPE ring that will space the speaker out enough to clear.
the led rings wetsounds offers might get you where you need to be. they will reduce the depth by a good 1/2 in.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2