Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (beachshack)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-01-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
I have a 1989 Tristar Mastercraft and many people that drive my boat don't like sitting down in the seat because they can't see through the window good. Is there something out there I can make or buy that increases the seat height when someone is driving my boat?
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-01-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
custom flip up bolster seat / filler cushion. I take the bow cushion in my 210 and it's a perfect fit!
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-01-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
The easiest cheapest solution is the square throw cushions just stack 2 or 3 on top of each other. Available at Kmart, Walmart, and West Marine. In Washington you are required to have one throw device and these meet the requirements. You could have an upholstery shop built you a booster cushion too out of the foam from one of the throw cushions.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-01-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
I use the square throwable flotation aid your required to have on the boat. Gets me up a few inches higher.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
Years ago we installed the air ride mechanism from the driver's seat of a Kenworth truck under the driver's seat of an 88 Prostar 190. It raised the seat about 4 or 5 inches, plus you could pump it up & have the best riding seat in the boat!
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
i raised mine permanently. i cut some pressure treated 2x4's to the height i wanted to raise the seat to- obviously keeping the bottom mounting flat so as not to bend/crack the mount fiberglass mounting base. (which meant cutting angled pieces to fill the gap) i then wrapped with black carpet to match and then bolted everything down. it seems to work for my boat.