Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-19-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
I figured I'd start a new thread since we were on like page 5000. Yes, I exagurate, but it was getting wicked long. So, to pick up where we left off....

Quote:
How are you feeling today after that crash on the 5 today Jay? Looked BRUTAL from our boat. You are a soldier dude - most people wouldn't have popped back up after that. Was fun to watch you guys rip it..

Robby was killin it on Burtons rig. He stuck a CLEAN toe 5, some Crows and a bunch of 3 variations. He's got such a clean, chill style. Fun to watch him ride.

Jetts Natique is RIDICULOUS.
Ha, the crash on the HS 5 wasn't too bad...no blood drawn or stars seen or anything, LOL. The 220 is a fun wake!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-19-2010, 7:26 PM Reply   
Just thought I'd share a few slices of heaven that we got to experience this weekend. We had this alllll to ourselves. Water temp was about 80 degrees, and we had the 22SSV super slamed. You could do nothing but smile the entire time (even after slapping your face on the water after catching your TS edge...nothing but a big grin ). Unfortunately we didn't get any pics of us riding, but I assure you that we took full advantage of natures gift!
Attached Images

Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-19-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
Amazing Jay.
I love Minnesota summers.

Did anyone go to the INT event this weekend?

Last edited by ethan31; 07-19-2010 at 7:46 PM.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-19-2010, 8:23 PM Reply   
jay... what lake is that?? doesnt appear to have any civilization... did you do some logging to get in there??
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-19-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
you know, i honestly don't even know the name of it. i can tell you that it's up Norf though, and that there are not any houses or cabins on it. i think that if I shared any more info that, someone might hate me, lol. but seriously, i don't know the name of it, sorry!
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-20-2010, 5:52 AM Reply   
Those pics are absolutely incredible!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-20-2010, 6:34 AM Reply   
i almost felt bad even getting in and disturbing the water, but only "almost"
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-20-2010, 7:48 AM Reply   
Damn those look ten times better on here then my cell phone, sick!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-20-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
Hey MN SHREDDERS!

There is the annual Lake Washington Comp (LWC) coming up. I know it is last minute notice but if you want to come ride it is on the 28th of July (Wednesday) I don't remember the times and everything off the top of my head but you can get more details at www.l2wc.com

It should be a fun time. It is open to all ages and abilities and is usually a mellow atmosphere. We will also be hosting a wakesurfing contest at the same time so you should plan on coming to that as well!

Rock on!
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-20-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
Is anybody gig to the flugtag this weekend? If so, do you know if you're allowed to bring the boat close?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-20-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
Jay go up north with Colin?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-20-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeysk8er222 View Post
Is anybody gig to the flugtag this weekend? If so, do you know if you're allowed to bring the boat close?
I am planning on going on a buddies boat. not sure on how close you can get... but I believe i've seen clips and pics of it and there has been boats chillin in the background
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-20-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
got this from the event info for the flugtag. come early or sleep on the boat!!

Can I watch from my boat?
Yes, you can watch from your boat, but your location will be restricted until the beginning of
the event. Please stay outside the buoy lines marking the flight path for our Red Bull Flugtag
flying crafts.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-20-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Jay go up north with Colin?
Yeppers.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
Flugtag should be fun. I'm sure it will turn into a drunk fest. Me and some buddies thought about entering this year. Maybe next year.

Looking forward to the weekend up north with my crew. Should be good times!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
I figured I'd start a new thread since we were on like page 5000. Yes, I exagurate, but it was getting wicked long. So, to pick up where we left off....

Ha, the crash on the HS 5 wasn't too bad...no blood drawn or stars seen or anything, LOL. The 220 is a fun wake!
You're the Boss, Jay. You took some good beaters and popped right up. You're the exact opposite rider as Smith.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-21-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
You're the Boss, Jay. You took some good beaters and popped right up. You're the exact opposite rider as Smith.
LOL, those weren't even that bad for me. Jason and Colin have gotten to see some pretty gnarly face slappers, HA.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
Smith sounds like a baby!!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-21-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Jay do you have a 22SSV now? Awesome! Stop over at the Supra forums ever?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
this makes me hate living in florida sometimes
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-21-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemikey View Post
Jay do you have a 22SSV now? Awesome! Stop over at the Supra forums ever?
Nope, I still got the XStar. Colin has a 22SSV.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-22-2010, 6:01 AM Reply   
Sick sesh last night boys.. Thanks for getting the rig out Jason.. 5 sets on a week night - can't complain about that! Fun as hell riding doubles too even though I got stuck with the longer rope (dick!)

Robby - quick recovery on that shoulder man. Was glad to hear they got it back in place. Sounds like it took an army. Hope to see you back on the water soon!!!!

Soooooooooooooooo stoked for this weekend. I'm gonna get some SERIOUS riding in.. Tom and Jason - get those gas tanks full cause we're gonna drain em.
Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-22-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Jeff, it's a little stiff and a bit soar but i seems to have full mobility.
I'm not sure what was worse the pain and numbness on the way to the ER or the sickness from the drugs after. I nearly lost my lunch in Tom's car. Luckily I made it to my place before I lost it.
Thank's again Tom for the ambulance ride to and from the hospital. You'll have to teach everyone how that nurse told us to get the shoulder back in ourselves so next time I can get back out and finish my set.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-22-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
^^

Glad to hear it, player. Heal up and get back out there. I shot you a text this morning - write me back if you got it.
Old     (TylerH427)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-22-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
Just started wakeboarding and didnt expect to see such an active Minnesota group! You guys aren't really in the "FIND A THIRD" section but are you open to some newbies coming out? The buddies i have with boats don't really go out during the week much but I'm always looking to ride.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-22-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
We have a TON of action in MN. Our scene is awesome. I don't think anyone will promise a pull to your AND your buddies but if you're ever looking to get out solo - there is almost ALWAYS room for one more. Our crew is huge - someone is out 6 or 7 days a week to ride with.. It's all about meeting the right guys, being a respectful (pay for pulls, clean up) rider and sharing the stoke..

Welcome to the board Tyler.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
Anybody gonna be at the World Wakesurf Championships this weekend? I'll be there, since wakesurfing is my thing now. Got diagnosed with two blown discs in the lower back and have sciatica in my right leg. So, wakesurfing is all I can do for now.

Anyway, the Inland Surfer guys will be there and Centurion will be showing off their 2011 boats with the pure vert system. Lookin' like a Centurion might be in my very near future
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-23-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneman View Post
Anybody gonna be at the World Wakesurf Championships this weekend? I'll be there, since wakesurfing is my thing now. Got diagnosed with two blown discs in the lower back and have sciatica in my right leg. So, wakesurfing is all I can do for now.

Anyway, the Inland Surfer guys will be there and Centurion will be showing off their 2011 boats with the pure vert system. Lookin' like a Centurion might be in my very near future
I'm going today during my lunch hour. It's right outside of my office here on the river.. If anyone is going - shoot me a message here or text me if you have my cell number and i'll meet ya there.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-23-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
Jay, I can't believe you had the audacity to ruin that perfect glass.

Good move by keeping that place a secret.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
I stopped by the Wake surfing championships today and those centurions are looking mighty nice. They had an avalanche and a enzo 230 sitting up on the trailers. The enzo had the pure vert while the avalanche did not. Either way both were looking nice. It was a beautiful day for the even to. Hope it is nice tommorrow so i can get my wife down there and she can see the boats. I have been without a boat for to long.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-25-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
What do those things run new?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
I talked with Rick, the Centurion rep, and he threw me numbers but I can't remember. All I do remember is that the price points will be about $10k less than the equivalent length Malibu. I think that Enzo 230 was about $60k. Very nice. Centurion has certainly turned it up a notch. I think the rubber flooring is the best thing since sliced bread. Absolutely loved it in my Epic.

It also appears that Son Watersports will be carrying Centurion. They lost Nautique.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
Oh, by the way, I'll be taking on the Grindwater / Shapiro line of wakesurfers, so if any of you are interested in a nice deal on a Grindwater or Inland Surfer, just let me know. I take car of my fellow Minnesota riders

I currently have a 2010 Inland Surfer Sweet Spot (my main ride) that I'll let go for a nice price and will soon have a CWB Tsunami (from a trade). Just send me a PM if you're interested.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2010, 10:39 AM Reply   
Whats up Chad!? Whats up Minnesota! Greetings from Arizona where the weather is nice year round, always sunny and it never rains - I never get to enjoy it, however, since Im always indoors in lecture or labs, thumbs down! Anyhow I'll be home Aug 18th for a week or so, I'd love to catch up with some of you guys!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-26-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicychalupa69 View Post
Whats up Chad!? Whats up Minnesota! Greetings from Arizona where the weather is nice year round, always sunny and it never rains - I never get to enjoy it, however, since Im always indoors in lecture or labs, thumbs down! Anyhow I'll be home Aug 18th for a week or so, I'd love to catch up with some of you guys!
What's up Eder - glad things are going well down in AZ... Send some of the heat our way around mid September like last year..

I've been riding your old boat a lot this summer with Bryce.. Wake is mackin - he's put a LOT of blood, sweat and money into that thing..

I gotta ask you man - how in the world did you end up sending those sheet metal screws through the hull of the boat? I saw them one day while it was up on the lift and got a laugh.

Hit us up when you get into town - there is always riding to be had, especially in August.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-27-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
Hey guys, thought I'd check in. My boat has been in the shop for an engine knock. No idea what it could be. Checked a damper plate in the trans and it's fine. Checking slip in the chain now. He says that other than tearing into the engine it may be comparable cost to just get a rebuilt engine. I haven't had my baby out once this year, so sad.... If anyone is a 351 whizz or can help, please hit me up. I have been boarding TWICE this summer ugggggg

Went to 10kWakes cable park on Sunday, pretty wild. Took a nice digger on the funbox at the end of the day. Here's a little vid. http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7225
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
WakeMikey, I'm no engine expert....but if you're in need of a pull and want to make the trip over to Richmond...there's a pull waiting for ya.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-27-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
How busy is 10k wakes sesitec on the weekend???
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneman View Post
I talked with Rick, the Centurion rep, and he threw me numbers but I can't remember. All I do remember is that the price points will be about $10k less than the equivalent length Malibu. I think that Enzo 230 was about $60k. Very nice. Centurion has certainly turned it up a notch. I think the rubber flooring is the best thing since sliced bread. Absolutely loved it in my Epic.

It also appears that Son Watersports will be carrying Centurion. They lost Nautique.
Son lost Nautique??? Wow. Not surprised I guess..... They suck. Any idea if they will have a new dealer in the area??
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Nevermind..... Just found the dealer under that section on the Nautique site. Marine Max..... Great. Wonder if that's an upgrade or a down grade...
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
Marine Max will likely not have intimate knowledge of the inboard waterski/wakeboard market. So talking with their salesmen will probably be frustrating.

Good News! I just signed a deal with Grindwater and am now a dealer for Grindwater Shapiro wakesurfers. I have one of each board coming this way. Send in the orders:-)
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-28-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
Well, who needs the sales guys anyways.... I do all my research online!! hehe..... The sales guys over at Son were good guys, nice to talk to. It was their service department that was bad. I don't think I've ever talked to someone that had service there that was happy with it. Hopefully Marine Max can improve upon that.
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       07-28-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
I also heard that son water sports in no longer representing ski nautique. It sounds like nautique wanted to have a bigger dealer with more locations in Minnesota. So they no longer wanted a smaller independently owned company. They will still stay strong though. They will even be at this years fair.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-28-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
Dan, who is currently the mechanic working for Mark at Son is awesome. Mark and Dave both have 2001's and have been a great help when ever I need it. (I bought an 89 2001)
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-04-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
I should probably post this here eh?

from Ronnie Romero on Vimeo.

Old     (ache_for_wake)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-04-2010, 8:30 PM Reply   
Hey guys, really looking for a pull this weekend either Saturday or Sunday 3:00pm or after. Willing to pony up for gas, bring beverages, and clean up after we shred. I'll have my boat back in the cities in late August or early September and would love to return the favor, just really would love to ride this weekend. I'm in Northfield, but willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the metro. Let me know! Thanks in advance!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-05-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
Nice job, Ryan. Another great video, as usual.

Eder, give me a shout when you get into town!

Everybody, I now have some Shapiro Grindwater wakesurf boards in stock and wanna give Minnesota peeps first dibs on a great deal. I have remaining one each of a Shaka, Ginsu and a VStar. PM me if you're interested.
Old     (ache_for_wake)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-05-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
Anybody riding this weekend??? I'm really looking for a reason to call in sick to work!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-06-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Update, we're putting in a standard rebuild Jasper 351W longblock. Picking it up on Sunday for $950 and having my mechanic install and marinize it. The guy has a few if anyone needs one. If someone would take a peek and make sure I'm not forgetting anything.... First motor swap for me.. Uggh. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...879289148.html

Oh and Ryan that sure was a kickass edit of 10kw!! Oh the tricks I wish I could pull... IMO I found the kicker too steep and could have used more beginner obstacles.

They were not super busy. Call before you come and they will make sure you get VIP. My advise is you have to rent a helmet, so rent a board too and you wont delam it like I did! Yay

Last edited by wakemikey; 08-06-2010 at 3:08 PM. Reason: whatever
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-07-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
Chad- ) may be out tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon- Depends on Weather. Anyone else up for it? I can pull together a couple. Am in eden Prairie.
Old     (ache_for_wake)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-07-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
Will-I'm done with work at 2:00. Would love to get out and ride. I'll have my gear with me, just let me know if it's a go! Thanks a LOT! (763)-245-0811
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemikey View Post
IMO I found the kicker too steep and could have used more beginner obstacles.
They just added a 2.5" kicker that has much less transition!!!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
Hey Guys, I have a barely used (about 12 sessions) 2010 Inland Surfer Squirt for sale. I'll be putting it on Ebay next week, but thought I'd give Minnesota guys first dibs. It's in excellent condition, comes with the two standard fins and one smaller fin that I ground down for doing 3's and stuff.

For a comparison, the Squirt spins pretty much the same as a CWB Tsunami, but is significantly faster.

First person to hand me $260 gets it. PM me.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-12-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
Chad how does that ride for someone about 200lbs?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
I'm 200lbs and it fits me very well. It's rated for up to 240lbs.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-19-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
Minnesota crew,

I know I posted this during the spring, but I am selling my tower system.

-Wet Sounds Pro 80's
-WS-420 EQ
-Kicker ZX-650.4
-Eclipse 4 channel (powered my in-boats)

$1000

If you know of someone in the market, let me know.

Hope you guys are getting some quality sets in this summer, unlike me!
Old     (Tloud)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Damn wish i wouldve known about this site earlier, it is kickass! Its too bad Nick I have a buddy who just sold a 2007 Crossover Nautique 211 Team Edition which was missing the tower system... wouldve been sick.. sucks the seasons almost over

Last edited by Tloud; 08-20-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old     (Tloud)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-20-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
Anyone know of anybody selling any cheaper boats??? After being out on the 211 I have to get a boat with a tower now.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-20-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
There is a guy from our crew who may be selling his 96' Malibu fairly soon.. He will probably chime in..
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-21-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Tony - what are you talking about -almost over?? We go until mid October MINIMUM!
Old     (Tloud)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-21-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
Haha my bad but it is for me I'm lucky if I get out once a week...
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-21-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Tony, there might be a 2000 XStar for sale this fall/winter. One of the best wakes you'll ever ride (I encourage you to test them all!), and not too mention that the boat is in excellent shape.
Old     (Tloud)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-21-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
nice any idea of a possible price? of anyone else knows about any cheaper boats for sale dont be afraid to message me im mainly looking to get something for next season so im in no rush... thanks in advance
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
I will be selling my 1984 Ski Nautique 2001 this fall. If it sells, I can buy Jay's boat
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-24-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
Tony, there might be a 2000 XStar for sale this fall/winter. One of the best wakes you'll ever ride (I encourage you to test them all!), and not too mention that the boat is in excellent shape.

Jays boat is MINT!
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
I've seen more people hit Jay's wake and land with that "holy schmidt I just got booted" smile then any other.
Old     (Tloud)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-24-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
haha thats bad ass I wanna hit that ****!!!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
If any of you are interested, I have two remaining 2010 wakesurf boards in stock that I'll let go at a smokin' price:

A Grindwater Ginsu and a Grindwater VStar.

I tried out the Ginsu last weekend and it's now my favorite board ( I came from an Inland Surfer Sweet Spot). The VStar is still in the box.

PM me, if interested.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-27-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
I was up on Whitefish this past weekend, just made a little edit of the weekend wakesurfing. nothing special, more just an edit I made for fun. I feel like it shows the fun that can come from a day out on the lake. Thought i'd share it with the MN WW'ers for the heck of it. Shot with my Canon T1i. comments/criticism, feel free!

(not sure why it embeds so big...tried changing it but couldnt)

Old     (minnesota1)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-27-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Twin Citiies area - I took a buddy and his son out wakeboarding for the first time on Wednesday. They loved it! Now they are looking for a wakeboard. Thought I would see if anyone here has an old wakeboard they would like to sell. Looking for something around 138 - 140 and open toe bindings.

Let me know if you have anything.

Thanks,
MN1
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
I work at Joe's and everything is half off. There are a few CWB Pures w/ Torq Bindings ($230) and Kink packages w/ Vapors ($250) and Hyperlite Motives left. ($150)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-30-2010, 1:17 PM Reply   
Damn I wish my season wasnt over!!!!
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-30-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Damn I wish my season wasnt over!!!!
Your season's over? did you get hurt, or how come no more riding for the year?
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-31-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
So now I finally know who's in the white and blue MC surfing Island lake all the time.
Old     (tburt_mn)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-31-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Thought that lake looked familiar!!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-31-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
Wow you guys are still getting away with surfing island lake?? that rocks! I work right across the road at Medtronix. Finally got my boat back out last night! Pics coming soon
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-31-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbuchholz View Post
Your season's over? did you get hurt, or how come no more riding for the year?

i broke two metacarpels on my left hand and a bone in my wrist riding in 18"s of water jibbing. surgery was a week ago, lots of screws, pins, and staples, so i am done for the summer.
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       08-31-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
I'm with WakeMikey - I didn't think people were getting away with Island Lake at all....
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
Guessing there is more then one Island Lake in MN, we are talking about the one on the White Fish Chain in Cross Lake, no problems surfing there except when I wanna wakeboard.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-01-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowslider76 View Post
So now I finally know who's in the white and blue MC surfing Island lake all the time.

Yup that was us, it's actually my brother's friend's family's boat, we were just up there hanging out for the weekend. I'm surprised you're able to board on Island! it gets washed out so fast when we go. We woke up at 630 am on Saturday and hit Whitefish by 7:00, whole lake was glass and we were the only ones out there. You can just ride straight for what seems like forever! Other than that it seemed tough to wakeboard during the weekend with how busy those lakes are.

Jason, what do you have for a boat? you're not by chance the Black/Orange Xstar we saw? with the Ronix decals

edit: just saw your profile pic, answered my question

Last edited by benbuchholz; 09-01-2010 at 5:21 PM.