Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    joeair            05-02-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I need some help. I bought and X-10 and we keep it on a lift here in FL.

I didn't buy a trailer when I bought the boat, but want one now.

Will I need to buy a Mastercraft trailer to fit my boat?

Anyone know ballpark prices? Any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Joe
Old    aka Bradley Beach            05-02-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
They are about $3900 if I remember right. They are very nice trailers. Your dealer will have to order you one. Takes a while...
Old    clint_h            05-02-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
$3,900 looks about right. You may get lucky and find a dealer that has a trailer from a boat that the buyer didn't want the trailer. I know last year Texas Mastercraft had a few trailers they were selling.
Old    joeair            05-02-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
KState/Clint,
Thanks for the info.

Clint, that is a freaking SWEET X-9, those new graphics are very nice.
Do you have any complaints with a single axle trailer? I won't be going long distances when pulling my X-10, so I am leaning towards a single.

Have any of you heard of other trailers (brands) for Mastercraft boats?
Old    aka Bradley Beach            05-02-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
If you don't trailer your boat more than 100 miles I'd skip the cost of the tandem axle trailer. Spend the extra somewhere else, like on beer!

I've seen a few other trailers but none were even close to as nice as the MC trailers.
Old    joeair            05-02-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
KState, good info. Thanks!

You guys going to beat Texas this year? Game is in austin.
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       05-02-2003, 1:47 PM Reply   
Remember that MANY people would not buy your boat if it was on a single axle trailer. That boat is big enough that a tandem axle is just about a must. Also, when we got our X-30 it did not have a trailer and we let the dealer order us a somewhat generic trailer. It sucks!!! A trailer is worth taking the time to find a good one and spend some money on. I know the MC factory trailers are great trailers, just look at quality and listen to opinions.

If you want to talk to Texas Mastercraft give Ray a call at 972-399-0111.
Old    joeair            05-03-2003, 6:26 AM Reply   

Justin,
Thanks. Is your trailer a Dorsey? Do you mind saying what brand it is?

I have seen a few single axle trailers for sale (Mastercraft), but haven't found any tandems. I am going to keep looking, since I am not in a hurrys.

Thanks to everyone for their advice.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-03-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
Joe,
The local MC dealer has one here in southern KS. It looks to be a single axle though.

Mari Star 210 Trailer never titled $2499.00

http://www.marineworld.com/used_boats_page_2.htm
Old    wake08            05-03-2003, 12:39 PM Reply   
I had an X-10 and always trailered my boat every time I used it. It was a single axle trailer and I never had a problem. Single axle should be more than fine.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-04-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
Joe,

Of course we're going to beat Texas!
Old    clint_h            05-05-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
Joe,

I have a lift at a local lake and therefore don't really trailer the boat very often. I guess if you drag your boat all over creation a tandem axel would be nice. I don't exactly know what they did for the 03 trailers but the suspension is different. The only thing that bugs me is that it sits high on the trailer and you can't see who is behind you from your rear view mirror. When I pulled my ProStar 205 I could see strait through the boat and who was behind me from the rear view mirror because to boat sat so low. Whatever, it doesn't sound like you trailer a boat very often and therefore I don't know if it is worth the extra $1,000 for a tandem.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            05-05-2003, 9:02 AM Reply   
Texas is going down!
Old    joeair            05-05-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
Clint,
That is what I am thinking. We would only use the trailer two or three times a year going to places that are more than 120 miles.

Mostly it would be very short distances.