Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (jjolin01)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-06-2013, 8:00 PM Reply   
Where is everybody mounts multiple amps? I need to find another place for 1 more amp and the battery charger. Can you mount directly to the outer wall of the boat. I have a 2006 Moomba and would like to put these on the outer wall in the battery compartment if that is possible. Or do i need to make a mounting board? I would like some suggestions.

Thanks, Jeff
Old     (jjolin01)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-06-2013, 8:02 PM Reply   
Where is everybody mounting multiple amps? I need to find another place for 1 more amp and the battery charger. Can you mount directly to the outer wall of the boat. I have a 2006 Moomba and would like to put these on the outer wall in the battery compartment if that is possible. Or do i need to make a mounting board? If so, how are you securing the mounting board, i would like some suggestions.

Thanks, Jeff
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-08-2013, 2:19 PM Reply   
Jeff,

If you do a search on the forum you should find a bunch of good threads on different ways people mount their amps.
although it probably is not a good idea to mount your amps directly to the hull, many people, including myself, build an amp board to attach the amps to and then mount that to the hull typically by gluing it.

In my case, I used 1/2 inch birch plywood for the amp board and coated it in resin to waterproof it and then covered it in marine carpet to match the observers compartment. Then I removed strips of carpet along the hull to glue 1'X2" strips of resin coated oak to the side of the hull to give me something to screw the amp board into. For glue you can use something like liquid nails or 2 part marine epoxy. By standing off the amp board from the hull will the oak strips you can easily route and conceal the wires for a nice clean look.

Like I said, lots of good threads on here to give you some ideas
Attached Images

Old     (jjolin01)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-13-2013, 9:05 PM Reply   
Russ thanks for the reply.

I think i will do something similar to what you did. Your install looks great!
Did you use liquid nail or the marine apoxy?

Also is the carpet glued in? How did you cut out the carpet strips?

Thanks, Jeff
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-14-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff,

I used the marine epoxy but I know others have had success with liquid nails as well.. personal preference I guess.

Yes the carpet is glued in but it comes out pretty easy. I just used an exacto knife to cut out the area I wanted.

Good luck.. and post up some pictures when you get it all done!