Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-19-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
I am going from a 2002 Supra SSV and I think I am buying a 2007 V-Ride. The boat seems like a fantastic boat for the price and changing from zero warranty to a 3 year will be nice. Any comments on this boat? Options I shouldn't pass up or options that are a waste of money? Any users that own or have looked at this boat, please let me know.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-19-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
The wake is awesome when weighted in the front. So, if you can get a front ballast option, get it.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-19-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
MLS(all 3 tanks), wedge, and monsoon seem to be the important items. I would consider titan III even though illusion is so easy to put down.
Old     (toeside900)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-19-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
You will not be dissappointed! Awesome boat,I learned many new tricks behind an 04 vlx--the same platform as the v-ride. If I could get my wife to buy me a boat, that is the direction I would go. Ewing is on the money with the full ballast, wedge and monsoon motor. Personally, if you're getting a malibu, get the standard illusion tower, it's part of what sets the malibus apart. Also, definately consider a bolster seat--a must have in a wakeboat. If you want a nice little touch, i like the issotta throttle knob and steering wheel. Look at it too, options can add up quick. Think about how exactly you are going to use the boat. Add only the options that will compliment the way you use the boat. Also, if you are on the fence about an option, go ahead and get it.
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-19-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
OK, I was in the market for a new boat last summer. I looked at used SANs 2001 and 2002, Xstar 2001, and new 06 Vrides and 06 Supra 22ssv, 20ssv, and 21V models.

I passed on the SAN and Xstar because I felt I should get a new boat if I was spending that much coin.

I looked at all the above Supras but only test rode and drove the 06 gg edition 22ssv. I was given a great OTD price on the 22ssv $44k and it only had an hour on the motor. 21V would have been my first choice but it wouldn't fit under my 7 foot garage door.

I ended up buying an 06 Vride and could not be happier. In my opinion, even with the 320 LCR it got out of the hole better and handled better. With the wedge and all three tanks full the wake is great (also added lead in bow). The speed control on the Vride also holds better for some reason, maybe the paddle wheel?

I found the Vride to have more storage that the 22ssv as well, deeper under-seat areas. One funny thing was that the 06 22ssv I was in had a coast guard plate that stated it was only rated for 9 passengers, my Vride's is 11.

I'm not sure the 340 monsoon is that important, I may be wrong. Our 320 pulls the rider up with ease with full ballast, wedge, 6-8 passengers, and an extra 300lbs of lead. I guess the 340 would be better but I don't feel we are lacking anything in the area of power.

Things I'm glad I have on it and things I wish I had.
Have already and worth it: 3 tank ballast, wedge, heater, speed control(standard), racks(titan), dual axle trailer, teak(standard) fiberglass black top gets tracked into interior, and bolster seat. I also have Isotta wheel and throttle knob, above rub rail graphics and bow grab rails, but not necessary.

Wish I had: Wetsounds (I have reference Alpha Is which can't be heard clearly at the rider), floating wedge (07 wedge choice), 3 to 4 outlet heater (cold here in the spring and fall), bimini (must get this year), plumbed in front ballast (07 option?).

Good luck and you'll definitely be happy with it.}

(Message edited by Eyedvride on January 19, 2007)
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-19-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
I started out looking at the X-1, then switched to the V-Ride. Then looked at Moomba Mobius because of the lower cost and then looked at the Supra 20 SSV. I really liked the V-Ride with the Illusion tower until I test drove it. I didn't care for the position of the boat on plane. We adjusted the wedge...but I couldn't tell much difference in the boat position. I drove the 20 SSV and felt much better about the position and being able to see in front of me. The Supra was fully loaded and the V-ride just had a few options. At the end of the season I was able to cut a better deal on the SSV. Nothing against the Malibu....the Supra just suited me better. Get which ever one suite you the best. You can't go wrong either way.
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
There is no front ballast option. Before you buy the V-ride take a close look at the VTX as well. My buddy has a 07 V-ride and is a great boat for sure. His boat also has the Titan III and I wouldn't go any other way. The V-ride gets out the hole as good if not better than my 06 VLX with the 340 in it. That boat is propped perfectly for extra weight. The wake is very impressive with a lot of weight up front. I must agree great boat for the value, but be careful you can end up over that 50K mark real easy with that boat. In that case you might as well go to the VTX which is not much over 50K.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-20-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
get the monsoon! (or more)
IIRC the price is $550 and it will be a well worth it! for use and resale.

I bought a Vride and think it is a good boat.
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
The monsoon is a $1200 upgrade this year. It now has new emissions control. It is quieter though.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-20-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
I really appreciate your opinions. So far I have priced out the v-ride with the options I would want and the vtx with the options i would want, the price difference is about $6,000. The v-ride my dealer has priced out at about $47,xxx with boat show discounts and the vtx is $53,xxx. What is a bolster seat and where would it go in the boat? The resale seems to be very good as well from looking at boattrader... now it's just on to choosing colors and getting this thing built!!
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Bolster seat is the front half of the drivers seat cushion folds up to help you see over the window.n Good option.
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
So you are going with the V-ride or VTX.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-20-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
@ $1200 it still would be worth it (for the efi and resale value)

Before signing a contract on the VTX you may want to ask alot of questions about the new style windsheild. I have heard "interesting" stuff about that windsheild on the Response LXI.}
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
The window is a frameless design which is cool looking, but it has an interesting chrome strap going up the sides, they are vented with 1-2 inch holes that are not close-able. So during winter riding cold air will be coming through the window. The V-ride doesn't have this new type of window. Instead it is a two piece design with a black aluminum strip separating the side and front portion of the window. As you can see in this photo of my buddies 07 Vride.
Upload
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Make sure you get the progressive graphics, which allow for there to be color above the rub rail. This is the Vride without that option still looks good, but might look better with the color above the rub rail as well.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-20-2007, 10:29 AM Reply   
Daman - thats the windowframe (with chrome sides and holes) in question.

I have never seen this windsheild in person, but
I have heard that cell phones will jump out the holes during a turn.

(ref. Rlxi)
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
I don't know anybody in person who has one, but I have looked at it closely on the showroom floor. I think Malibu should have given an option of being able to seal them off. Maybe they will come up with something to plug the holes that won't look hidious.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-24-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
I just ordered a brand new, 2007 V-Ride and could not be happier. My dealer gave me a great deal and I loaded up the v-ride to where I might have upgraded boat, but I am happy at this price range.

Going with Black as main color with some Tan, 4 tower speakers, sub, heater, 340 engine, 3 tank ballast, bolster seat, etc. I can't wait to see the pics from the factory as they build it. I will definitely be posting pictures as they come. Thanks for the support guys and I will also be posting my old boat for sale soon.

(2002 Supra 22 SSV loaded -- Blue/White)
Old     (beef)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-24-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
Excellent choice Mike. We have a 2005 vride and love it, and we've only been using the center tank and wedge. After reading this, I'm putting weight up front for sure.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-25-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
How much are the V rides with 3-ballast pp and wedge.
Old     (houdini)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-25-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
they come with cruise control standard from malibu. base on the boat is like 41, wedge is like 800 and rear ballast is like 600. i loaded mine up with full stereo/4 tower speakers/sub/amps/2 batteries, racks, etc and pulled the price up around 48.