Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-05-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
Okay so I started on a 3 stage, and went to a continous not Knowing. I was landing wtw 180's on my 3 stage, and then got the cont. board and couldn't land it. 3 exactly last yr. So I am going back to a 3 stage 136 jett. Anybody got any comments. I demo'd the jett, it was slow compared to the Team, but I guess I will just get used to it.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-05-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
Can you try a smaller size in the Jett? I demo'd the 136 Jett and it was slow....maybe try the 132 if you need to stick with the Jett and LF.

Are you open to other brands and boards?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
The Jett is slower than the Team (3 stage vs continuous), but it all comes down to your personal preference. I like boards that are a bit slower... I find the jett is a perfect fit for me. Although after riding it for a few times I have found it does have some speed hidden in there somewhere
Old    wakejjboard12            06-06-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
^^^^ agree TOTALLY! I LOOOOOOOOOVE MY JETT!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Sweet thanks guys. Jessica what size you riding. I just ordered the 136 the 132 I thought would have been slower, I am 5'6" and 134lb. Sweet. Hey Cris is the board faster without fins? I like the slowness because I have more time to pop. the team was just too fast my brain couldn't handle all the speed and I would just shoot across. I was not consitant either.

Hey bsflower I was open to the Ronix krush, but I couldn't demo it. LF and hyperlite are the only ones you can demo. what are you riding?

Thanks for your input girls!! I will keep you posted when I land my 180, and then I can try the FS 360
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-06-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
I tried several boards this year and when I got on the CWB Sapphire it was the board for me. Great pop, great speed and loose (I ride it finless). I highly recommend it to any female to give it a shot.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-06-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
I havent tried it with fins... I have no idea!

I am getting the Ronix Vault (part of the package I won) ill let you know how it rides...

I've never tried any CWB boards but I would love to.. there are zero places to demo here, I just try the boards of everyone I know.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
He bsflower what kind of tricks are you working on? I thought about the sapphire, but the graphics weren't for me. I don't like the girlie girl. I wish I could have demo'd CWB. My first board was the inferno. Basically the absolute, they just changed the name that year. Now it's the faze.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-06-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
Yeah, I liked the all white board and the bottom wasn't too girlie for me. But I also promote for Grizzly's the girls perspective, so I usually ride a girls board.

Well I am working on making sure I am having fun out there. If I get too serious, I come back in the boat. I also teach people how to get up, recently introduced two new people who both got up on their first tries. All that is more important than a trick list to me. Beyond that, I am working on my w2w 180s (hopefully blind) and grabs. I started passing the handle behind the back with an ollie recently. And of course, I am a member of the ts w2w crew...I have watched the guys I ride with fight with it for 2 years, so I am taking it slow on that one.

You should demo the Pure, very good board with a lot of pop. Have fun out there on whatever board you choose.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on June 06, 2007)
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
So you have tried the Syn. How did that ride? I wish I could have demo'd more boards. Oh well I will keep you posted on the jett. I need to have more fun out there. But I want to do a amateur comp, just because I started riding at a late age. I get phsyco sometimes.
Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-06-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
Hey Kim saw you pic can you be my Suger Mom please, Im' so in love with your boat uuhhmm I mean you...lol
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-06-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
I rode the Syn last year. Another board with good pop, but it was slow.

I have been hanging out at the INT comps. I might try to put a run together for the July comp, but with my upcoming work travel, not sure how much I will be riding. I too started much to late in my life. My reality goal trick...360 and my dream trick....Raley.
Old     (iwannawkbrd247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
cris, is the ronix vault the same board/shape as the krush?
Old     (iwannawkbrd247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
oh, nevermind, i just checked the board reviews on here. it looks like they do have the same specs but the shape looks different.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
how old are you? I am 30. Raley awesome. I am thinking fs 360. What length do you ride at? Just wondering. I never felt like I had time in the air on my team board. I hope my board comes soon!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-22-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
Got the jett 3 stage, landed my 180. I am not leaving the wake early, I am so happy