Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-03-2006, 5:47 PM Reply   
I have seen all kinds of sizes. What is a good all around board to buy. What are the advantages for one over the the others.
Old    jesse_martinez            06-03-2006, 10:20 PM Reply   
Check out XBC. they have boards for all different kind of wakesurfers. Beginer boards all the way to more advanced boards. check em out tell me what you think....

www.xtremeboardcompany.com
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
...or you can have a Walzer Board custom made for a little more than half the cost. Another good thing about Walzer boards is he allows you to trade in your old Walzer towards a new one or different size.
Upload
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-04-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Sean,
What do you have for me. 6'2" 270 lbs anything for my size.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-04-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Cody
Check out Trick Boardz. They are twin tipped, there is no front or back. With other boards, once you do a 180 or 540, your board is going backwards and won't surf as well. Trick Boardz ride excellent with either end forward. You can ride both toeside and heelside in the same set.
Larry Mann
www.TrickBoardz.com
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-04-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info.
Old    surfdad            06-04-2006, 6:49 PM Reply   
LOL - Cody, you found those responses helpful?! Wait, I want to try - Buy my board, buy my board! :-) How much do you weigh? What sort of wake will you be riding on most of the time? Just begining? Will you be teaching kids with it, or just for you? Surf style or skim? I don't think anyone can TRULY help you with a recommendation unless you toss out some basic info on yourself and the environment the board will be used in.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-04-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Jeff,
The advice here would probably lead to the another thread "Want to trade boards" or " I can't let go of the rope" LOL
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-07-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
Jeff I weigh 130 lbs, but would like a board that my friends can ride too. They weigh anywhere between 40 and 60 lbs more. We will be riding behind a SAN. I don't know which style surf or skim. I want to do surface spins and other little tricks. Any suggestions would help. What's a good price range for one used.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-08-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Cody
At your weight, you could do well with a Trick Boardz Freestyle small. We have some new ones for $150. You could also do well with a Surf Skate either medium or large; but, your friends would do better with the large. Contact me and I will see what we have in the way of a demo or blem Surf Skate.
Old    surfdad            06-09-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
I was going to say that the Trick Boardz are very easy to do surface spins with. Although I would hesitate to recommend a board until you had given more thought to surf style or skim style. If you think that you'll eventually want to start learning shuv-it's and tricks along those lines, you'll want to narrow your search to skim style boards. If you think you'll want to focus more on aerial moves, with some surface tricks thrown in, then a more surf style board is in order. Which direction do you think you'll head? Do you currently skate?