Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    bdogg            07-22-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
Went out to lake havasu this past weekend with great determination to surf ropeless. I even bought two more fat sacs prior to leaving. I filled two 400lb sacs and put one on the driver-side seat and the other in the walk-thru area in the bow. I only two people in the boat- the driver and a passenger both on the driver side. The wake was decent size, but couldn't get it cleaned up and there was always a bunch of turbulent whitewater on the lip. I let go of the rope a couple times and was able to stay in it for about 50 feet, but was about a foot away from the swim step. I am using a Broadcast 4'6" and the boat is a 2001 TIge 21V. Any suggestions? By the way, I surf all the time in the ocean and am fairly good at it so I would like to think its not operator error.
Old    4sher            07-22-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Most boats (except for nautiques) throw a better wake on the passenger side. Try moving the weight to that side and move most of it to the back of the boat, not the bow. Once you get the wake cleaned up, remember to keep your feet positioned towards the wake-side of the board and use pressure on your front foot to speed up and pressure on your back foot to slow down.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
put about 70% of your weight on your front foot at all times, that worked for me
Old    tige_kid            07-23-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
I have the exact board and boat set up. We run a 750 pound sac on the in theport side gullwing and everyone except the driver on the side wake is huge and clean.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-25-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
We have a 2001 Tige 20i and ride on the driver, or goofy side. This boat throws an excellent goofy wave. We put 750 lbs. behind the driver, 750 lbs. in place of the back seat, and 300 lbs. in front of the ski pylon. The attached picture is of a wave with about a 3' face and 11' back to the curl. Personally, I prefer a clean wave to a larger foamy wave.
Tige 20i - 2001 - Goofy side