Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-22-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
I've only been to Naci 5 times and only one of them camping about 10 days ago. For some reason we've always camped at south shore San Antonio. Naci is nice when renting a house or if your fortunate enough to live there but I found the camping aggravating. The water level is down as I'm sure most people who go there know, but there is still plenty of water for recreational puposes. Most of the hazards are marked so don't be too worried about ruining your boat.

The first rumor is that the privately owned campground will be taken over by Monterey county parks. I found the campsites cramped, crowded and the bathrooms were apalling. We still had a great time but I think I'll choose to camp at San Antone in the future unless Monterey county renovates the bathrooms.

A nice guy named Mark showed us some cool video of his wakeboarding bulldog (no joke) and told us a pipeline is planned to carry water to some coastal communities. When this happens the water will need to be processed for human waste $$$ or it could be declared non-recreational similar to casitas or cachuma. I don't really see how they could prevent the people from the hundreds of houses lining the shores from swimming in the lake but who knows.

Here's a link to an article about the pipeline. http://www.newtimesslo.com/index.php?p=showarticle&id=2633
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-22-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
The project has been a wreck for years. Did you know that the first years allocations of water will just barely fill up the pipeline? How is that for effeciency?

As for most hazards being marked, I would disagree. Saturday there was a 12 foot long rock just below the surface near the Narrows, on Sunday it was 4 inches above water. The lake has gotten smaller and thus much more crowded. I can't wait til the fall!
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-24-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
What's going to happen in the fall Heavy? Aside from most people staying home on the weekends, the lake is to stay at this level for a while.

Hey, I'm going to have a boat load of girls tonight at Antonio and need a driver for me. Wanna go? We'll be up all weekend then I have the same problem on Monday morning. Then I'll have the same question.

Derby
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-24-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Everyone is going to go back to school and stay away from my lake. The level will likely stay close to this for the next 3-4 years. Get used to it people.

Can I get a ride in this evening? Heading down south for the wknd.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-24-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
yup!

I'm trying to get there between 5-6 and will ride until the sun goes down.

408-595-2451

I left my phone at home. I'll be able to check messages until I go get it at 1-2. Then off to the lake.

Hit me up.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-25-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
I JUST got back from naci, and yesterday we had EPIC conditions till about 1:30 pm. I was impressed. Had some other wakeboarders on the lake with experience so we kept the area by the dam nice and calm. Its nice to have people who know what theyre doing every once in awhile.

by the way, was anybody here up at naci anywhere from tuesday - friday morn? I think I may have seen a couple fellow WW guys out there.
Old     (joshuag)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-27-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
I have been going to naci for years but i haven't been there for the last month and a half because of work. How safe is it to load and unload your boat. About a month and half ago it was only 4ft deep at max around where you unload. So it is still safe to go? I am hoping to go out this weekend but was thinking about San Antonio but it always gets windy. Is there certain areas on Naci that i should stay away from? Also what is everyone doing for labor day since Naci is low? Normally i always hit up Naci but wasn't sure if everyone is going to go to San Antonio.

Josh
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-27-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
we launched our boat no problem, and they have hazards fairly well marked. The area by the dam stays relatively calm all day, so there no worries if you stick to that area for the most part. Some coves are even still open, so I would say its pretty safe, just be aware of your surroundings and youll be fine.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-27-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
I was there this weekend and it is at about 33% right now. It is between 35 and 40 feet right down the main channel from the Oak Shores ramp to the turn for Las Tablas and looks to be marked pretty good. The water is very very muddy right now and your boat will have a good amount of dirt on it when you pull it out of the water.

I would avoid the narrows if you are planning on going for Labor day weekend unless you are in a jet boat, there are rocks sticking out all over the place and if you are going to go to Las Tablas don't go any further than halfway in, I was hitting about 5 feet when I got into the cove 150-200 yards inside the back area.

As far as the main launch ramp goes I can't help you but if you launch out of OS than it is still under water and about 15 feet around the launch ramp.

This was probably my last trip on the water for Naci for awhile, I will just load up the boat and go across the street and ride at San Antonio and then go back to my house at Naci and chill by the pool.
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
car,
must be nice. haven't been up in awhile, but will be up this weekend. somehow, not amazed about the water level. i'll be in las tablas. thought about anchoring and playing horseshoes on the shore this year 'cause it's going to be crazy with all the boats and less water. i don't wanna keep worrying about drifting. we'll see how that goes.