Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
I'm curious if anyone here has stayed at Hidden Shores (lower CO River)? I know someone who has stayed there in a RV, but haven't heard from anyone who has rented a house. Any comments or advice??

~J.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-12-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
i haven't been down there this year but i hear it's really improved, big restaurant, etc.

i stay at my buddies house on fisher's so i can't really be that much of a help. sorry.
Old    alanp            08-12-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
hey john i live in yuma and ride with a guy that rents a "house" there from time to time. his name is andrew and his email is drewsy_1@hotmail.com shoot him an email and hell have info you need
Old     (jerasu98)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-13-2006, 4:55 AM Reply   
Alan learn how to spell before you post.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-13-2006, 5:02 AM Reply   
Justin: Learn to use puncuation before you post. :-)
Old     (drewsy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-13-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
John: go to www.hiddenshores.com I have stayed there several times in the modular homes. They are very nice and clean, modern. You can also leave your boat in a new slip (for an additional fee).

Justin: Hey Justin, don't be capping on Alan. You're going to lose a pull.

To the both of you guys, Justin and Ryan, if you're gonna nit-pick, get it right. (ha ha) It's not the spelling; it's the punctuation (with 2 t's). Who cares anyway?
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-13-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Alan/others,

What are the water conditions like down there?
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-13-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
Peter, the water conditions have been nice. The air conditions; not so much. :-) I was there a couple of weekends ago and it was hot, hot, hot. The high was 120 degrees. The thermometer in my truck had the temp in the parking lot at 133 degrees. It has since cooled off...

~J.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-13-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Thanks John,

Im in Phx and I have seen that Yuma is typically about 3-5 degs warmer than here. So it's pretty glassy down there? Are there any underwater obstructions or is it pretty deep?

BTW I can beat your temp - I went to Lake Pleasant last yr and saw 137 on my truck's thermomenter in the parking lot. Toasty!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-13-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
one word: sandbars.
Old    alanp            08-13-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
i didnt see a problem with my spell justin, i just didnt bother with an apostrophe. and those who beg for rides shouldnt throw stones, or something like that. see you this weekend.

peter there are plenty of things to be on the look out for down here. ive seen my share of boats limping in with messed up rudders and props. next time your out hit me up and and we can meet out there and i show you a few places to avoid. as far as glass goes im pretty sure its similar to phoenix, we ride pretty early to get decent water. you can ride until about 11:00 before the water gets blown out and the tubers hit the lake. weekday evenings are generally the best. rsgtrman@yahoo.com">prsgtrman@yahoo.com
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-15-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Peter, Alan is right about the sandbars. But if you go there enough you'll learn where they're located so you can avoid them.

Alan, I also found around 4:00 is a good time to ride too. It can be a little windy, but the crowds are gone. Many times we have Martinez to ourselves.

~J.