Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-24-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
I hesitate to ask here because I know there are some hard core bike enthusiasts on this forum! But I thought you guys might be able to point a cheap newbie in the right direction.

My wife and I are looking to get a couple of inexpensive bikes to just do some casual family riding. We would be mostly on pavement but there might be the occasional off-road detour for me. Also, we would probably need a bike to pull a bike trailer as we have a couple of young kids we would want to join us. So here are the questions I've had thus far:

1. What type of bike? I am thinking hybrid or mountain but would love suggestions. This is just comfortable, casual riding so I think a true road bike is overkill. This is about all I know...mountains are best for trail riding and hybrids are faster on the road.

2. Brands and best places to buy? I know everybody might have their favorite brand but just a listing of good, quality bike companies would help. I would assume it's best to buy local but it seems the only options are either go to a specialty shop and pay crazy prices or buy a cheapy from Walmart.

3. What to know about bike trailers? What style/brands would be best? Again, this is for casual riding so cost would play a major factor and we'll only be using it for a few years.

Thanks for any suggestions!