Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-08-2010, 5:09 AM Reply   
I've tried on the Comp version and really liked it, but I'd like to get the USCG jacket. Problem is that none of the local shops carry it so I can't try it on. They can order it but you then committed to purchase it.

Can anyone tell me how much thicker and bulkier the USCG version is than the Comp Revenge?

Also, please don't come on here and tell me about how all the other USCG vests are so great...I've tried nearly everyone of them on. I just want to get some input on the Revenge USCG.

Thanks!
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-08-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
dude, glad you asked this.. I am looking at the same thing. Looks to be a good non bulky cga... Ill be interested to hear. One of my friends rode the noncga revenge from last year and said that it floated him really well for a comp vest..
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-08-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Me too Jay, I can't find anywhere that has one!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
I have had two of them. One in medium and one in small. I liked the fit but they were a bit longer than I preferred and I ended up going back to my Oneill law. They were long enough that the vest would bunch up when I bent over to grab. I guess they had to relocate the flotation somewhere. I guess a large or XL might be better since they have more room to hide the flotation...but I didnt like mine.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-08-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
M-Dizzle, how does it compare in thickness to the Law? Also, is it more flexible than the Law?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-08-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
I just picked up a revenge and a law. I like the way the revenge fits. I'm tall so I like the length and it does slide up after wrecks. It feels like a comp vest thickness wise. The only place I like the law a little better is that it's a little easier to bend over in. The hidden straps of the revenge make the stomach area a little stiffer
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       02-08-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Chris, is that the comp or cga revenge?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-08-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
CGA. My father in law picked up the Law. I like the feel and look of the revenge better, but the Law is easier to bend in.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-08-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
I have the Revenge USCG, but I have never worn the comp version, so I cannot comment on the difference between the two.

As far as the one that I have, it is indeed a long vest. However, if you have a bit of a belly like I do then that's a good thing

It fits great and I love the hidden zipper. The only negative I have about it is that it seems to fill up with water which makes it a fairly heavy vest. Whenever I get out of the water it takes a little while to get all the water drained out.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
I think the law is thicker up top but thinner down around the belly. The law has a shorter length too. Overall the revenge has more bulk down around the waist... in comparison to the law. Overall I find that I have more mobility in the Law than the revenge. My body type is: 5'10", 170lbs, 32 inch waist.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
at the shop i work at people seem to love the revenge. They like the length a lot (Surprisingly tons of people complain about normal vests being to short). And a lot of guys love the fact that it has added lumbar supprot.