Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-09-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Or I believe the 04-06' VLX hull is the same?

Had bow sac, center sac, and 400 in the port locker all full, auto wedge all the way down(starboard sac empty)(all sacs mentioned above are under the seats/floor). Could not go below 12.6mph???? small crew

Also had 750lb sac on floor port side and was way too much weight, so we removed it after a few tries.

Was the first time out on the boat, messed with speed, moving people around, wedge. I'm a skimmer that rides 3 different centurions dialed and know Bu's like weight up front but I'm still scratching my head. Can you slow down and skim on this boat, or is it just a surf-style wave going fast, high, and long (which is great but I brought the wrong board for that).

FWIW, if I had my surf style board the wave was killer riding almost 30ft back. Just not used to it riding that fast on a P5 drew.
Old     (21vride)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-11-2011, 6:31 PM Reply   
just takes time i have a 2010 21vride mess with the sacs and have fun last year i had the hard tank full 500 on top 500 port seat and mid full i think we were riding 11 wedge down and try it up
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       05-11-2011, 9:32 PM Reply   
what hull do you have wake or diamond? they weight very different. If you have the diamond you will be the same as me. I run all stock full except the surf side. 1100# bag in the locker full(900+/- #`s) 400# under the seat. Wit a small crew a 750# bag on the seats as far forward as possibe but not in the bow. Speed at 11 +/- for skill level. this will produce a great wave.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-12-2011, 7:03 AM Reply   
Sounds like my experience with an old Vride is the opposite of this new Vride. Which makes sense I was riding 30+ ft back (loved it). Instead of a bunch of weight in the bow, gonna run with not much up there. Also going to take out my TWP boards for speed and airs. Pocket was longer than an Enzo I ride and a bunch of push back. Good potential and I'll sacrifice half the pocket for a bigger clean face. Thanks in advance.

If you know the setup of the Wake Hull, please post as well for other people.